Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #20,836 of 63,942
ZS6 on Gearbest is very tempting if it's a mic version plus a silver cable (only on the photo, description confirms that it has a mic but nothing about silver cable). The price is already lower than it was with ZS5 in this stage.
There is a detail about package size for ZS6 and it's almost the same as ZS5 so we are not getting anything fancy, except metal goodness of course.

For anyone who is thinking about buying them, which color do you prefer? I can't decide partially because I am waiting to see how red looks like in real life photos. Black and green ones are equally tempting and amazing in their own ways.
I love my ZS5s....so I really have no reason to order the ZS6....BUT the prices are getting very tempting! Still twice what I paid for my ZS5s though.

I think the black is my first choice. Part of the reason being that black things look smaller....but also because I'm a New Yorker and wear mostly black clothing. But the green ZS6s look really cool. Choices...choices...

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #20,837 of 63,942
Hmm. Not to me. I seem to be KZ-cursed in general, with a sprinkle of Gearbest on top. I'm still waiting for a pair of ZS5 I ordered from them two months ago. Last seen somewhere in Kazakhstan...
I feel your pain....somewhat. It took over a month for my ZS5s from Gearbest to be delivered....by Azerbaijan Airlines.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #20,838 of 63,942
@Griffith, so you like ZST better than ZS5?

I think I'm going to have to say I do. The ZST are much more comfortable to wear and despite the sound signature having its own issues (the highs are a bit too sharp and they can get fatiguing to listen to after a while) they remain consistently enjoyable to listen to with a wide range of music, which is what I tend to gravitate to in an earphone: something that works well with all or most genres of music. The ZS5 can sound both excellent and almost jarring within the same music album depending on the amount of bass on the tracks, at their best they are better than the ZST but at their worst they are inferior, in my opinion. Perhaps KZ will have learned from the ZS5 and turn the ZS6 into something truly special. If they were able to further tune and adjust the technology they have in the ZS6, they would have a much more impressive earphone that I'm sure would cause ripples in the market against much more expensive earphones, but as it currently stands though, the ZS5 is more like a missed opportunity unfortunately.

I would sooner recommend the ZS3, ZST or ED9 before the ZS5.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #20,839 of 63,942
I feel your pain....somewhat. It took over a month for my ZS5s from Gearbest to be delivered....by Azerbaijan Airlines.

My ZS5 took 2 weeks to arrive, I got it about a month after it was officially released and paid 25e for ZS5 with silver cable. ZS6 is only 5e more compared to what I paid for ZS5, so pricing is very much on point, well done KZ!
I replaced my ZS5 with Sony MH1c which is better for most of my regular listening, but I am hopeful that ZS6 will destroy everything and become a new king, until ZS10 that is.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #20,840 of 63,942
I think I'm going to have to say I do. The ZST are much more comfortable to wear and despite the sound signature having its own issues (the highs are a bit too sharp and they can get fatiguing to listen to after a while) they remain consistently enjoyable to listen to with a wide range of music, which is what I tend to gravitate to in an earphone: something that works well with all or most genres of music. The ZS5 can sound both excellent and almost jarring within the same music album depending on the amount of bass on the tracks, at their best they are better than the ZST but at their worst they are inferior, in my opinion. Perhaps KZ will have learned from the ZS5 and turn the ZS6 into something truly special. If they were able to further tune and adjust the technology they have in the ZS6, they would have a much more impressive earphone that I'm sure would cause ripples in the market against much more expensive earphones, but as it currently stands though, the ZS5 is more like a missed opportunity unfortunately.

Awesome overview, thank you! I am waiting for the ES3 and ZS5.. We will see I suppose. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #20,842 of 63,942
GBKZ works with every KZ :smile_phones:
I used it right now on ZS6, € 25 I know, I'm weak, but I could not resist that green... :triportsad:

Wait, you can preorder for 25e if you use that code? And this is for mic version with silver cable? That is an amazing deal if it's true.

E: Gearbest removed silver cable from the photo, now it's a bit more realistic

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #20,844 of 63,942

Funny thing is that I'd take the ZS5 over all of those. Damn is hearing subjective af.

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #20,845 of 63,942
Hi guys I got ZS5's a week ago, the one with mic, everything is good from listening pointing of view but people on other side of a call complain that they hear a lot of static or crackling on the call, is it normal with these factory default wires + mic for this behavior ? is there any other replacement cable which has mic for these IEMs which doesn't have this crackling problem?

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #20,846 of 63,942
I love gooooolllddd. Microphonics are way down from the stock cable and from my initial listening tests, it seems bass is a bit toned down, which I like.
E59AE314-98EE-472C-A9AE-4088B169A8C7.JPG

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #20,848 of 63,942
Just received a ZS3 ... with a crushed sound tube. Fun times!

Oh and there was foam in the nozzle, not in the sound tube, and the sound tube is folded over and closed inside the nozzle - so the foam didn't just fall out, it was just loosely tossed into the nozzle on top of the crushed sound tube...

That's some impressive QC :thinking:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #20,850 of 63,942
I love gooooolllddd. Microphonics are way down from the stock cable and from my initial listening tests, it seems bass is a bit toned down, which I like.

Any issues with fitting ZST cables on there (such as loose pins, falling off, etc)? Did you have to glue them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back