Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 3, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #20,717 of 64,382
Sep 3, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #20,718 of 64,382
Can you summarize that dissertation into 1-2 sentences? I don't have 2 hours to spare right now.

It's irrelevant for this thread. I was only poking a certain member whose sole intent in this community seems to be peskiness.

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #20,719 of 64,382
In all honesty, it all depends on what you're looking for in the sound signature. If you love your mids then the Philips Fidelio S2 has slightly more forward mids.

I don't really know how to describe what pleases me. I think it's:

* Clear
* Detailed
* Resolving
* Neutral to slightly warm

I own a pair of S2 myself but I find that the treble extension and micro details are inferior to my ZS5 paired to the Comply T400 tips. My combination of the ZS5 and Comply T400 tips cost less than the S2. In my opinion, the ZS5 performs far better than the S2 in many ways.

I haven't heard the S2 in many months, so maybe I don't remember. I tried the ZS5 with some double-flange tips from Earphones Plus (purchased through Amazon.) I also tried SpinFit CP-240 tips but their bore is too large and they came off in my ears

In both cases, I found that the ZS5 wasn't really for me. However, in case it makes a difference, I'm gong see (hear) if some break-in makes a difference.

I don't have any 400-series Comply tips left and, in any case, they never really fit me very well.

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #20,720 of 64,382
I only have the ZSE that's from KZ. But they are not exactly neutral nor the best for details. Though are really enjoyable for most pop genres.

But if you're open to alternatives, I would say the Urbanfun Hi-Fi ( the 1 Ba + 1 DD version) and the Adax HT-06.
Both have plenty of detail, sufficient bass for most forms of music and pretty good sound stage and separation. And they are both plenty cheap. The Urbanfun, I got them at just under US$20, the Adax at around the same.

Between the 2, the Adax will sound slightly warmer but just a wee bit but has a noticeable wider soundstage.

The Urbanfun having the edge when it comes to consistent detail resolving, the Adax actually can have some issues with poor recordings. Some poorly done recordings actually sounded very weird on it due to its somewhat extended soundstage.

I'm still waiting for my CI880 ( which is supposed to be of similar profile but wider soundstage to the Urbanfun) to come in, so can't give any comments for that yet. Again, that is under US$20/-.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #20,721 of 64,382
I don't really know how to describe what pleases me. I think it's:

* Clear
* Detailed
* Resolving
* Neutral to slightly warm

I think the Audio Tech IM02 fits your bill perfectly lol. Ticks all 4 of those points too perfectly. ( PS even though this is a KZ thread)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #20,723 of 64,382
Has anyone seen the metal shells confirmed in a Aliexpress listing yet? I was looking closely at the pictures and they still look plastic to my eyes - could be completely wrong but none of the listing seem to mention the shell material.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #20,725 of 64,382
Thinking a lot of people are still waiting for the ES3 to show up first at this point.

Speaking of which, the Gearbest flash sale prices for it are pretty enticing !!! (sub US$10 !!) :p

https://www.gearbest.com/promotion-kz-earphones-special-1556.html[/QUOTE

Just as a heads up. Outside of some flash sales that offer more enticing discounts for very limited quantities of products Gearbest puts its products on sale, most of them, every other week.

If you miss a particular sale of theirs it's not a big deal and their sales discounts aren't spectacular anyway. If you want my advice, hold your money until someone reviews them unless the $10 are completely expendable to you.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #20,726 of 64,382
Has anyone seen the metal shells confirmed in a Aliexpress listing yet? I was looking closely at the pictures and they still look plastic to my eyes - could be completely wrong but none of the listing seem to mention the shell material.

From what I can tell, most sellers of the ZS6 don't actually have them yet. All the sales pictures are the same and some sellers say that the listing is a pre-sale for the ZS6 which will ship in a couple or weeks, give or take a few days.

We will need to wait at least until then for some confirmation I believe.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #20,727 of 64,382
videotogif_2017.09.04_01.41.06.gif

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #20,728 of 64,382
Any reports on the ES3 yet? Flash sale for 9.99 right now on GB. I'm very tempted.

Tempted? :ksc75smile:
I gave in and ordered a second pair of the ES3s for € 7.59 (had € 1.00 worth of "points"). This time in colour black-purple. And comes with an extra pouch as gift. For my first one, which I haven't even received yet, the black-blue colour version, i paid around €14.50 bucks.

Today I received KZ-HD9, came even with a KZ-Hardcase included. Seller is Ali/KZ-Official-Store. Straight out of the box great sounding and very light and comfortable. Damage: € 5,43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back