Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #19,490 of 64,397
Is it a bad idea to sanding down Ks5 edges? I found those edges especially the ones close to the logo irritate the most.
And what are the effective ways of burning-in IEMs? I found an interesting one from Z Reviews, but that one he uses it with a headphone. I downloaded the file, and it's a combination of "z" sound and music.
I'm quite new to IEM, and I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #19,491 of 64,397
CH, where are you ordering from that you are getting then so fast. Link please...
Haha....I live in China and for quite some time. So, I won't know if it'll benifit you unless you live here as well. But, nonetheless, here's the link where I got them from.....

First pair I got from here.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s...27b&abbucket=4&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

Second pair I bought even cheaper from here.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...Xu4hwn&id=555955005388&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

-Clear :v:

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #19,492 of 64,397
Is it a bad idea to sanding down Ks5 edges? I found those edges especially the ones close to the logo irritate the most.

I'm going to be sanding my ZS5 smoother.

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #19,494 of 64,397
Quick question: will uncompressed FLAC/ALAC files improve listening experience with ZS5?

Listening devices are iPod touch 4 and the 5th gen iPad. My Android doesn't provide very good sounds.

My ZS5 is shipping.. Will get after two weeks hopefully. If uncompressed music files provides better sounds, on my devices then I'll download some FLAC music.

FLAC/ALAC vs 128kbps MP3, for sure you'll hear a difference. But if vs 320kbps, really hard to hear...even on pricey speaker systems it's difficult, let alone IEMs.
But hey if you've got the space on your device, go for it.

BTW while apple products generally are quite decent, more and more android devices come with better DACs/amps within the phone e.g. LG G6+
You can always use a separate DAC like Fiio units for better sound. It's mainly the DAC that's giving the improvement though, IEMs don't need much power.

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #19,495 of 64,397
The two driver ZS5 thing came up around page 1209 (with some better pictures from the original taobao disassembly comments) but still not a sufficiently detailed disassembly to actually "prove" anything since a BA tweeter would only need a tiny pinhole to contribute to the sound, which could easily be missed/damaged while scraping out all that blue goop,,, and a sub-bass DD wouldn't even need a sound channel at all if the tuning intent is for it to pass through the chamber wall...

Mind you I'm not an audio engineer, I'm just parroting back what I read back there.

I do have a tiny bit of electrical engineering experience though, and... even if you completely can't hear them (which I am in no way trying to imply)... attaching addition complex loads to a system can considerably change the overall output, even if it has no direct contribution to the output in the band being considered, right? So even if you can't hear it at all, that BA could still be very significant...

If that were true, one could make the argument that 4 drivers is "marketing hype" because one is being used as something akin to a crossover... but does that even matter if it sounds good? That would be up to you to decide.
FLAC/ALAC vs 128kbps MP3, for sure you'll hear a difference. But if vs 320kbps, really hard to hear...even on pricey speaker systems it's difficult, let alone IEMs.
But hey if you've got the space on your device, go for it.

BTW while apple products generally are quite decent, more and more android devices come with better DACs/amps within the phone e.g. LG G6+
You can always use a separate DAC like Fiio units for better sound. It's mainly the DAC that's giving the improvement though, IEMs don't need much power.
for commuting 320kbps good enough

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #19,496 of 64,397
So a local store just have their stocks of the ZSE yesterday. Should I buy or not?
All I can say is....they are insanely good!

I like that one driver just draws out the bass/sub-bass (lows):point_down:, while the other driver, which looks like a transducer, does the upper-range (highs):point_up_2:. Great combination!....and the only one I've seen of its kind.

Aug 3, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #19,500 of 64,397
Can you pls help to rank this IEM w.r.t iems that you have
I can quickly say that they just bumped all my dynamics (even double DD's) to the side to become my number one dual dynamic drivers to take first place in the dynamic driver area. Other than microphonics being a slight issue (which a shirt-clip can easily fix) they are stellar! They can easily compete with ZS5 and K3 PRO, though constructively more fragile (plastic build) and cables are not detachable. But, the price is insane!...can't get over that price!

They are, in no way, the best looking....but they have an "old retro look" that makes them stand out from most "in-ear" earphones.

IMG_20170730_153011_1501400398631.jpg

-Clear

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_153234_1501400199081.jpg
    IMG_20170730_153234_1501400199081.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back