Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #19,471 of 64,373
That was partially "quoted" by you :point_right: "They even slightly better the ZS5 in a more comfortable listening experience" :point_left::blush:

....Meaning: They are more comfortable than the ZS5's. :yum: Though the ZSE has better treble extention, in my opinion.

I know - it was meant to be funny, taking it out of context (like they do in the news media all of the time) to make the joke about the hype train.

Wooo woooo chuga chuga

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #19,473 of 64,373
The two driver ZS5 thing came up around page 1209 (with some better pictures from the original taobao disassembly comments) but still not a sufficiently detailed disassembly to actually "prove" anything since a BA tweeter would only need a tiny pinhole to contribute to the sound, which could easily be missed/damaged while scraping out all that blue goop,,, and a sub-bass DD wouldn't even need a sound channel at all if the tuning intent is for it to pass through the chamber wall...

Mind you I'm not an audio engineer, I'm just parroting back what I read back there.

I do have a tiny bit of electrical engineering experience though, and... even if you completely can't hear them (which I am in no way trying to imply)... attaching addition complex loads to a system can considerably change the overall output, even if it has no direct contribution to the output in the band being considered, right? So even if you can't hear it at all, that BA could still be very significant...

If that were true, one could make the argument that 4 drivers is "marketing hype" because one is being used as something akin to a crossover... but does that even matter if it sounds good? That would be up to you to decide.

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #19,474 of 64,373
Trainspotting

trainspotting.gif

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #19,477 of 64,373
Worth every penny and then some. :ksc75smile: This train is going to be hard to stop....wait 'till you get your pair. Priceless sound signature and resolution! :beerchug:
I still can remember your "Hype Train" on the Ivery 1....just in case you forgot. I still remember you saying that the Ivery 1 sounds as good as the Sennheiser HD600. Luckily I still have my HD600. :grinning:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #19,479 of 64,373
Try the opposite. Tear open a shure or something, say your KZ sound engineer friend says it's crap and even the ED9 (or whichever one) is better than this LOL

If you donate the Shure and I don't completely fall in love with it, then Shure I'll do it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #19,482 of 64,373
Quick question: will uncompressed FLAC/ALAC files improve listening experience with ZS5?

Listening devices are iPod touch 4 and the 5th gen iPad. My Android doesn't provide very good sounds.

My ZS5 is shipping.. Will get after two weeks hopefully. If uncompressed music files provides better sounds, on my devices then I'll download some FLAC music.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #19,483 of 64,373
Quick question: will uncompressed FLAC/ALAC files improve listening experience with ZS5?

Listening devices are iPod touch 4 and the 5th gen iPad. My Android doesn't provide very good sounds.

My ZS5 is shipping.. Will get after two weeks hopefully. If uncompressed music files provides better sounds, on my devices then I'll download some FLAC music.

That's a can of worms, but IMO I doubt you'll notice any major differences.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #19,484 of 64,373

Users who are viewing this thread

Back