Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #18,362 of 63,940
I bought the kz bluetooth cable from the first moment i saw on aliexpress on 27/04 and received it at 31/05
The battery life of the cable i have is less than hour on maximum volume playing youtube video also the signal reception is not very good
I talked with seller and he told me that there was som QC issues and that why kz stopped production to solve that issues
now they are selling the new version without that issues
He offered me to resend the newer version but i prefered refund .

That's good to know!
Anyway to distinguish between the old version and the new one?

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #18,363 of 63,940
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #18,364 of 63,940
They're much warmer and bassier than the ED10. Just an fyi. I had it and gave it away.

Thanks for the correction. The pair I had sounded similar from what I remembered, but I did not have the ED10 at that time to directly A/B. I was just going by memory.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #18,365 of 63,940
Thanks for the correction. The pair I had sounded similar from what I remembered, but I did not have the ED10 at that time to directly A/B. I was just going by memory.

I was pretty disappointed in them tbh. That said, I did try a pair a second pair and while it sounded better than the set I had, it was still considerably bassier and warmer. The cable is a major upgrade from the ED10's though so I'll give it that, haha.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #18,366 of 63,940
I was pretty disappointed in them tbh. That said, I did try a pair a second pair and while it sounded better than the set I had, it was still considerably bassier and warmer. The cable is a major upgrade from the ED10's though so I'll give it that, haha.

I was definitely shocked that they had so much bass despite coming with wide-bore turbo tips. Tip rolling would have only increased the bass more.

Oh well, the guy that bought them said they sounded fine to him, so all was well.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #18,367 of 63,940
Crap, i've ordered $35 worth of QKZ across 6 IEMs and both the DM7 and X10 are in there.

What other QKZ models did you order?

The DM9 is decent, and the W1 Pro is OK once modded. The rest that I've either owned or heard have turned me off of the QKZ line altogether. But I haven't heard every model they make so it's possible there still could be a hidden gem in their lineup.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #18,369 of 63,940
I bought the kz bluetooth cable from the first moment i saw on aliexpress on 27/04 and received it at 31/05
The battery life of the cable i have is less than hour on maximum volume playing youtube video also the signal reception is not very good
I talked with seller and he told me that there was som QC issues and that why kz stopped production to solve that issues
now they are selling the new version without that issues
He offered me to resend the newer version but i prefered refund .

Which seller? Really worried the one I just bought is the old version!

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #18,370 of 63,940
Can you show me where you found the 3rd party and the Tingo one, have only found (and ordered) the official one!

I only ever saw the 3rd party posted on HF. I remember the links were to Aliexpress though.

As far as the Tingo one, I posted the Taobao link right above the photo.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #18,371 of 63,940
Jun 20, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #18,372 of 63,940
I only ever saw the 3rd party posted on HF. I remember the links were to Aliexpress though.

As far as the Tingo one, I posted the Taobao link right above the photo.

Just seen that, cheers.

Although it sells it as a ZS5/ ZS3/ZS5 as a single choice ... I was under the impression the ZST was different to ZS3/ZS5, particularly as AliExpress sellers for the offficial one make you choose which of these two it's for?

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #18,373 of 63,940
That one button mic cable for ZS5 is in the picture on Gearbest too. Not sure why they would do that.

Maybe worth looking into QKZ DM7 and X10. They're probably variants of ED10. QKZ had a model ED11 that was a special version of ED10. (sounding different) DM7 and X10 are likely variations with the M added just to make them look like Marshall earphones. I promise nothing, as i havn't heard any of them, but worth doing a search. They're $5-6.

They're much warmer and bassier than the ED10. Just an fyi. I had it and gave it away.

Thanks dudes, Scrambler do you know what the differences if any are between those two QKZ's? I dont really like the M on the side but i still have some broken pairs of ED10s laying around so i could easily just remove the plates with the M on and replace them with the ones on the ED10s :wink:

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #18,374 of 63,940
Thanks dudes, Scrambler do you know what the differences if any are between those two QKZ's? I dont really like the M on the side but i still have some broken pairs of ED10s laying around so i could easily just remove the plates with the M on and replace them with the ones on the ED10s :wink:

I only had the DM7. Maybe the X10 is the same thing but with a mic? Really couldn't say, sorry. The DM7 wasn't bad btw, just nothing special. I have a ton of iems with the same basic signature, hence why I gave them away.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #18,375 of 63,940
Don't know if it was published here yet.
here are a few ZS5 plots. (grey are raw)
zs.JPG zs1.JPG
zs2.JPG zs3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back