Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #17,012 of 64,221
One question...the silver cable that can be buyed apart...can be used both with the zs3 and the zst kz's?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

The ZS3 and ZST each have their own upgrade cable.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #17,014 of 64,221
The ZS3 and ZST each have their own upgrade cable.

But is there one of the cables that can fit both of them? I believe the ZST's wont fit the ZS3, but what about the other way around? 

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #17,015 of 64,221
Apr 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #17,017 of 64,221
ZSTs arrived in 2 weeks from GearBest.  Must be a record for me.  Last time they took 2 months haha.  Silver cable was ordered from ebay not too long ago so that'll take another couple weeks.  Doesn't mean I can't use the included cable though!

They really are quite beautiful.  Can't wait to see how they look with the silver cable.

Cable feels and looks the same as the flexible and rubbery cable that the KZ ATR came with.  I like the stock ZS3 cable since it didn't grip onto everything it touched as easily.  There's "memory" wire on this cable as well - same as the ZS3 as far as I can tell.  Thin, flexible metal that you bend around your ear.

First impressions: Pretty balanced.  I haven't really had any issues with treble - my old SHP9500s and Monk+ have much harsher treble that I can borderline cope with.  Definitely not as bassy as the ZS3.  Something still sounds a tad bit off in the midrange.  More listening to come.

But as it currently stands with my 30 minutes of listening: ZS3 -> ZST -> ATR -> ED9.  I think.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #17,018 of 64,221

To me the ATR is a direct upgrade to the ATE. Better build quality with a VERY similar but more well-rounded signature. Can't go wrong with either.

ATR is flat on both sides and has terrible extension. The ATE's don't have the soundstage, but the signature is definitely better and they have much more extension in lows and highs. I would never recommend the ATR's over the ATE's to anyone here.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #17,019 of 64,221
  ATR is flat on both sides and has terrible extension. The ATE's don't have the soundstage, but the signature is definitely better and they have much more extension in lows and highs. I would never recommend the ATR's over the ATE's to anyone here.

I know :) And I would only recommend the ATE if you couldn't get access to an ATR.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #17,020 of 64,221
After hearing the ZS3 and ZST for myself I can't really recommend the ATR unless you really can't afford spending an extra $5 (in that case, you probably have more important priorities to take care of instead of earbud shopping lol).  My ears just find the clarity leagues ahead of the ATR.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #17,022 of 64,221
Wow! I can't understand how the ATR's are that bad!?....They are one of my favorites when used on a DAC or professionally amped, as well as the ATE's! Too many "QC issues" purchasing the ZST or the ZS3. Bought both the ZST and the ZS3 "twice" only to encounter issues with both the make and structure and the lack in balance of the left and right drivers as well.

There is more potential than the ears can hear on the ATR and ATE....IMO! 
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #17,024 of 64,221
  After hearing the ZS3 and ZST for myself I can't really recommend the ATR unless you really can't afford spending an extra $5 (in that case, you probably have more important priorities to take care of instead of earbud shopping lol).  My ears just find the clarity leagues ahead of the ATR.

ATR is brilliant value for money, but that's not why some people will pick it.

It offers a more balanced listening experience if you don't want the extra bass of the ZS3 or the brightness of the ZST. It has it's place in the KZ range. There's plenty of people who find the ZST too bright and the ZS3 too bassy, this is the ATR's niche. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #17,025 of 64,221

It offers a more balanced listening experience if you don't want the extra bass of the ZS3 or the brightness of the ZST. It has it's place in the KZ range. There's plenty of people who find the ZST too bright and the ZS3 too bassy, this is the ATR's niche. 

Doing some A/B with the ATR and ZST right now and I can agree with this statement.  Not quite as bassy as the ZS3, but isn't as sharp as the ZST.  I still stand by my statement that you lose midrange clarity with the ATR though.

I put some starlines that came with my ZST on my ATR and they seem to fit a tiny bit better.  Sound seems similar enough though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back