Knock! Knock! FiiO's New Earphones FD3/FD3 Pro Is Coming!
Sep 27, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #31 of 35
Dear friend,

Thanks for the feedback. We will also report to the product manager. And you may check whether the FD3 in silver colour could meet your need?

Best regards
Thank you for your reply! The silver one is fine, but I rather purchase the "Pro" model with the upgraded cable, so I guess I will wait and see if the FD3 Pro will be offered in Silver in the future! Thanks again for the reply!

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #32 of 35
Hello friends,

I got to experience the FD3 courtesy of a friend(he bought the unit and sent me for audition), here are my short impressions on the same.
fd3.jpg

FiiO is one of my favorite brands where I have used many of their gears previously including M11 Pro Music Player, FH5 IEM, and FD5 IEMs. And to be very honest, FD5 were among my favorite single dynamic IEMs until today when I got to experience the FD3.

I was not at all interested in buying the FD3 at all. I thought I have now evolved from the state where I need my FD5 with me(I sold it long back). But hearing this gem, made me go insane. This little beauty comes very close to just 100$ but in my general opinion, is a much better value-for-money stuff than the FD5. It's like FiiO created a competition for themselves. Coming to brief impressions on the FD3.

Tonality: Warm with elevated bass. The bass response of this pair is like a sub-woofer. You get to experience some of the best bass you can at this price point with the FD3.

Lower End: As mentioned above, the best I have experienced at this price point. It's punchy, it's impactful, it's literally a sub-woofer in your ears. Want a fun listening session? FD3 is the perfect one for you.

Midrange: I find midrange warm and musical. The vocals have good clarity and carry good emotions with them. Acoustic instruments are well-detailed.

Treble: The top end has a smooth treatment, the extension is good, the instrument separation is excellent for the price point. There is no noticeable harshness or sibilance with the FD3.

Soundstage: Good width with a decent amount of air on the stage.

A short comparison between FD5 and FD3.

IMO, take a little bit of energy out of FD5, elevate some bass response, and give a warm touch to the vocals, whooosh FD3 is here.

Some Cons with FD3:-
In terms of sound, I just can't complain about anything. But obviously, if you prefer reference-grade or balanced sound, the FD3 is not for you. It has a bassy signature.

My Biggest concern with FD3 is its weight. I listened to the pair for about an hour or two, and my ears were paining. The earpieces are heavy and are not designed for long listening sessions.

Well, that's about it from my side on the FD3. Hope it helps you out.

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #33 of 35
Hello friends,

I got to experience the FD3 courtesy of a friend(he bought the unit and sent me for audition), here are my short impressions on the same.
fd3.jpg
FiiO is one of my favorite brands where I have used many of their gears previously including M11 Pro Music Player, FH5 IEM, and FD5 IEMs. And to be very honest, FD5 were among my favorite single dynamic IEMs until today when I got to experience the FD3.

I was not at all interested in buying the FD3 at all. I thought I have now evolved from the state where I need my FD5 with me(I sold it long back). But hearing this gem, made me go insane. This little beauty comes very close to just 100$ but in my general opinion, is a much better value-for-money stuff than the FD5. It's like FiiO created a competition for themselves. Coming to brief impressions on the FD3.

Tonality: Warm with elevated bass. The bass response of this pair is like a sub-woofer. You get to experience some of the best bass you can at this price point with the FD3.

Lower End: As mentioned above, the best I have experienced at this price point. It's punchy, it's impactful, it's literally a sub-woofer in your ears. Want a fun listening session? FD3 is the perfect one for you.

Midrange: I find midrange warm and musical. The vocals have good clarity and carry good emotions with them. Acoustic instruments are well-detailed.

Treble: The top end has a smooth treatment, the extension is good, the instrument separation is excellent for the price point. There is no noticeable harshness or sibilance with the FD3.

Soundstage: Good width with a decent amount of air on the stage.

A short comparison between FD5 and FD3.

IMO, take a little bit of energy out of FD5, elevate some bass response, and give a warm touch to the vocals, whooosh FD3 is here.

Some Cons with FD3:-
In terms of sound, I just can't complain about anything. But obviously, if you prefer reference-grade or balanced sound, the FD3 is not for you. It has a bassy signature.

My Biggest concern with FD3 is its weight. I listened to the pair for about an hour or two, and my ears were paining. The earpieces are heavy and are not designed for long listening sessions.

Well, that's about it from my side on the FD3. Hope it helps you out.
Very nice impressions brother!

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #34 of 35
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #35 of 35
#FiioFD3 delivered just at the right time when I required something to wake my brain up!! Don't kill me for saying that but feels overall better tonality than FD5, although FD5 excels at many other ways.

P. S. I am using satin audio hybrid cable instead of stock one. Damn what a bass!!
🤯
🤯
🤯

245198915_4748366328507277_455572701013146469_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back