knife-fi?
Jan 5, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #1,126 of 2,248
A pair of beautiful Chuck Gedraitis folders I scored earlier today before I fell asleep in my cold-induced coma

They're very pretty and feel good in the hand, very classy too, I scored them for a pretty good price and I'm looking to catch and release to fund my balisong :)

Cold medicine is also horrendously expensive (by my standards haha)

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #1,127 of 2,248

Quote:

It is a differentially hardened hand forged and folded traditional Katana, authentic ayasugi hada and mokuke hada, real hamon, medium niku with full tang blade.  It was actually 12 folds at 8100 layers.  Not really authentic as a real combat Katana is folded quite a bit more than that, but I've owned Mushashi 1060 blades in the past that were just one slab of 1060 steel that were not folded and they were solid as a rock, no worries about breaking or falling apart when you try to slice a tree or something solid like brick or something.  This blade, having authentic hardening and folds should be able to stand up to a baseball bat and slice through it like butter.  I plan to actually try to do just that hehe.  

how much did you pay for?i hope not so expensive

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #1,133 of 2,248

Quote:
I have a small collection but for EDC:

When not at work: Strider SNG
When at work (something less commando looking): various Spyderco or Al Mar

I'm getting another SnG CC in a few days

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,135 of 2,248
my edc is a 3.5" hinderer flipper.  others folders in rotation are spyderco delica orange bone sprint run with damascus blade, a few benchmades and  crk micarta small sebenza.  but usually have the hinderer on me.  my fixed blades consists of mostly busse

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,136 of 2,248
good stuff! especially the hinderer and crk. ive been tempted to get a hinderer, but they are much more expensive than crk/strider...

cant keep up with knives and audio...sigh

Quote:
my edc is a 3.5" hinderer flipper.  others folders in rotation are spyderco delica orange bone sprint run with damascus blade, a few benchmades and  crk micarta small sebenza.  but usually have the hinderer on me.  my fixed blades consists of mostly busse

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,137 of 2,248
Ahh, I thought hard about pulling the trigger on an X-24 but decided on a trio of paramilitary 2's, so that's pretty much a commitment. Otoh I check the classified xx.x number of times a day, looking for a particular Busse. This thread has motivated a full update on my toolbox, and that's a good thing!  
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,139 of 2,248
the custom ashworth turtle is pretty cute. if not much of a knife. it is also cheap as far as customs go. problem for me is it is not vegan. so the crkt was a no brainer. honestly it is a lot of knife for $9. those martin knives are really pretty too. again, maybe not much of a knife. hardly vegan either lol. i wanted something different for a change.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #1,140 of 2,248

Quote:
good stuff! especially the hinderer and crk. ive been tempted to get a hinderer, but they are much more expensive than crk/strider...

cant keep up with knives and audio...sigh

yeah...all these different hobbies are dangerous.  especially when you start spending too much time on forums...thats when you know your in trouble.  you should check out the zero tolerance/hinderer collaboration, the 550.  very reasonably priced, well much lower than a x18.  i'm pretty set on my firearms/knives/and photography equipment so now im starting to concentrate on audio :)

Quote:
Ahh, I thought hard about pulling the trigger on an X-24 but decided on a trio of paramilitary 2's, so that's pretty much a commitment. Otoh I check the classified xx.x number of times a day, looking for a particular Busse. This thread has motivated a full update on my toolbox, and that's a good thing!  
wink.gif

the x-24 is quite the beast but i can't bring myself to pick up the 24.  which busse are you after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back