knife-fi?
Jan 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,111 of 2,251

Quote:
Good man!

You gotta buy a third one to sell back whenever you're low on cash... although I derno if you have that problem like I do rofl

Otoh you test a lot more equipment. 
biggrin.gif

But yeah, I signed up for an orange CTS-XHP-- mostly for the color which seems more acceptable for city wear. I'm not a steel whore but the higher performance grades won't hurt, and *should* be hand sharpenable with the Para's mild curve. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,112 of 2,251

Quote:

Otoh you test a lot more equipment. 
biggrin.gif

But yeah, I signed up for an orange CTS-XHP-- mostly for the color which seems more acceptable for city wear. I'm not a steel whore but the higher performance grades won't hurt, and *should* be hand sharpenable with the Para's mild curve. 

Oh yeah for sure, I have a D7000 coming to me from Japan in a couple of days :)

Haha the orange knives were originally "safety" colors but for some reason Spyderco fans are super eccentric and just get them to be different and now there is a mini cult of people who collect the orange handled knives... I've had my eyes set on that orange Endura for a while. That lets you know Spyderco knives are pretty good especially considering I have an Umnumzaan in my pocket right now as I'm typing this!

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #1,113 of 2,251
Another knife enthusiast here.  This is a few of my favorites.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #1,114 of 2,251
My name came up on Chuck Gedraitis' custom knife list... oh man my finances are going to **** now...

If you folks aren't familliar with his work he does things like this:

In other words.. I'm DOOMED financially... I think it's going to cost me well in excess of 500 but this is sort of one of my milestones in life: my first custom built project built just for me... well other than the exotic wood cups I get for my Grados haha

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #1,120 of 2,251

Quote:
My name came up on Chuck Gedraitis' custom knife list... oh man my finances are going to **** now...

If you folks aren't familliar with his work he does things like this:

In other words.. I'm DOOMED financially... I think it's going to cost me well in excess of 500 but this is sort of one of my milestones in life: my first custom built project built just for me... well other than the exotic wood cups I get for my Grados haha

Go for it dood, Ti handles would be great. I was pretty good in the early 80's with a 4"+ butterfly from the Philippines. Then one night while drunk, I cut an extension cord.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #1,121 of 2,251
I dunno who keeps promoting my stuff but I got a few orders today so I'm forming a nice financial security blanket before I trainwreck myself... I feel like a kid saving up all his allowance to buy that bike he's always wanted except I'm not active and I hate exercise other than lifting weights haha.

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #1,124 of 2,251
Found a good fixed blade (pics later), not exactly what I first wanted, but with (good) compromises. Have become a steel alloy ho, as I now want an S90V Para 2. This is the third time the Sebenza has been passed over in about 12 yr, so maybe for the better.

Dayam, I need to get off the edge forums.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #1,125 of 2,251

Quote:
Sounds Nice! Is it a traditional katana with layers of steel with different hardness or a modern katana like the cold steel ones??? 

It is a differentially hardened hand forged and folded traditional Katana, authentic ayasugi hada and mokuke hada, real hamon, medium niku with full tang blade.  It was actually 12 folds at 8100 layers.  Not really authentic as a real combat Katana is folded quite a bit more than that, but I've owned Mushashi 1060 blades in the past that were just one slab of 1060 steel that were not folded and they were solid as a rock, no worries about breaking or falling apart when you try to slice a tree or something solid like brick or something.  This blade, having authentic hardening and folds should be able to stand up to a baseball bat and slice through it like butter.  I plan to actually try to do just that hehe.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back