Mar 19, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #2,002 of 2,248
Spyderco 2xl
29393e56a58c9d9e16b79bdaf7a6d2dd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #2,003 of 2,248

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,005 of 2,248
Benchmade 470-1 and GEC #85 for today's Modern + Traditional Pairing

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #2,006 of 2,248

I found this knife for the second time in an old box out in my garage full of stuff from about 15-20 years ago. I first found it when my two sons and I were out on Safari at one of Michigan’s Great state Metro Parks, the Kensington Metro Park in Milford Michigan. My sons were about 5 and 8 years old and we had my very old, but still working metal detector with us. We were out to find buried treasure. We did not find any pirate gold but were did find various bottle caps, a few pennies and this knife buried in the ground! Let me tell you, finding this knife was like finding an ancient Viking sword for those boys. We cleaned it up and it was in surprisingly good shape. 4” stainless steel blade, still very sharp. The handle appears to be mahogony wood and it works great. The knife is very solid and has a very nice weight and balance to it. One of these days, if I ever have grandchildren, it will be handed down to them with a great story.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #2,008 of 2,248

I found this knife for the second time in an old box out in my garage full of stuff from about 15-20 years ago. I first found it when my two sons and I were out on Safari at one of Michigan’s Great state Metro Parks, the Kensington Metro Park in Milford Michigan. My sons were about 5 and 8 years old and we had my very old, but still working metal detector with us. We were out to find buried treasure. We did not find any pirate gold but were did find various bottle caps, a few pennies and this knife buried in the ground! Let me tell you, finding this knife was like finding an ancient Viking sword for those boys. We cleaned it up and it was in surprisingly good shape. 4” stainless steel blade, still very sharp. The handle appears to be mahogony wood and it works great. The knife is very solid and has a very nice weight and balance to it. One of these days, if I ever have grandchildren, it will be handed down to them with a great story.

Great story. The Sharp 300 (and Sharp 200) are Japanese folders I've stumbled across from time to time. I think the handle is actually ebony (just a light example), but it's possible they produced these with more than one wood. They seem to hold up well, as most examples I've seen have been in condition similar to yours - the stainless actually doing its job. :)

If I recall correctly, these were 440C steel, and were made under contract for K-Mart in the 80s

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #2,010 of 2,248
Sorry about the crappy light cell-phone pic. New GEC Texas camp knife. It's a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back