knife-fi?
Jun 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,026 of 2,248
I have a manix and found it to be an easy carry. Not spydercos best but pretty good. Personally the lum chinese folder and perrin models have been my favorite.

With the blade tip practically scraping the inside of the scales, I unfortunately decided to send it back. Not before determining how much I like the form factor, function, and weight. 

It was a no-brainer to exchange for, or order the LW Dark Blue S110V version, but I didn't. I get gun shy after going through the return/refund drill which I strongly despise. 

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,027 of 2,248
Bummer about the Manix issues. I will say, that Blurple S110V version is one of the only ones that has tempted me. 

I'm done for the short term. I have two new Benchmades on the way for early next week. The 761 monolock, and 765, it's little brother.

I'll probably start unloading some of the more unloved knives in the collection soon. I have moving expenses to pay. :/

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2,028 of 2,248
  Bummer about the Manix issues. I will say, that Blurple S110V version is one of the only ones that has tempted me. 

I'm done for the short term. I have two new Benchmades on the way for early next week. The 761 monolock, and 765, it's little brother.

I'll probably start unloading some of the more unloved knives in the collection soon. I have moving expenses to pay. :/

Nice additions. I've always wanted a Benchmade, and have been looking at a Mini-Griptilian. 

Despite my negative comments on the Spyderco Military a couple pages back, I just ordered the green Knifeworks sprint in CTS-204P. I should be able to warm up to it...

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #2,029 of 2,248
The sum total of my (non-kitchen) knife collection. Top is a Monnerie, bottom is a Laguiole copy with a Damascus blade.

Oops, I forgot the half-size Kukri hanging on the wall! That's a nice blade too, if a little ancient.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,030 of 2,248
Ryan Benes' Custom Skinner.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #2,031 of 2,248
Nice skinner, Mr Rick. And I love the color on the sheath. 

Got in the second knife of the pair today. 761 and 765 Benchmade monolocks. They are really beautiful - every bit as well made as my CRK Sebenza, and the lock structure is interesting. I think I'm only keeping the smaller 765 - it fits my hand better. But fun to have them both here today. 

765 next to the 470-1 for size comparison. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #2,032 of 2,248
Ryan Benes' Custom neck knife.

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #2,033 of 2,248
  Nice skinner, Mr Rick. And I love the color on the sheath. 

Got in the second knife of the pair today. 761 and 765 Benchmade monolocks. They are really beautiful - every bit as well made as my CRK Sebenza, and the lock structure is interesting. I think I'm only keeping the smaller 765 - it fits my hand better. But fun to have them both here today. 

765 next to the 470-1 for size comparison. 

Great testimony on the 765 right there. Perfect size too, like a medium Sebenza. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,034 of 2,248
Been under the weather since the weekend, otherwise I would have carried this small Sebenza already, which came in Monday. Need to remove the lanyard first, which I personally find *very* irritating. The action seems a bit draggy, so I'll hone the washers a bit to smooth it out.

Really love the quality on the small Sebenza, the form factor, blade profile, and sand blasted finish. I'm not justifying the money spent, as I'm pretty ruthless about sending down the road anything that doesn't meet my specification. 

Decided on the CRK as a potential replacement for my 1st Generation C11 Delica, early model w/narrow FRN clip. Love the CRK clip---its doubtful I'll buy many more Spyderco with their steel clip, which doesn't work for me most of the time.

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,035 of 2,248
  Been under the weather since the weekend, otherwise I would have carried this small Sebenza already, which came in Monday. Need to remove the lanyard first, which I personally find *very* irritating. The action seems a bit draggy, so I'll hone the washers a bit to smooth it out.

Really love the quality on the small Sebenza, the form factor, blade profile, and sand blasted finish. I'm not justifying the money spent, as I'm pretty ruthless about sending down the road anything that doesn't meet my specification. 

Decided on the CRK as a potential replacement for my 1st Generation C11 Delica, early model w/narrow FRN clip. Love the CRK clip---its doubtful I'll buy many more Spyderco with their steel clip, which doesn't work for me most of the time.

Awesome purchase pigmode, love my large and small Sebenzas but admittedly cost more than what I normally spend or want to spend on an EDC. Their sale rep were here at last years knife show at the Hilton Hawaii Village, they had a special limited edition Hawaiian designs on their Sebenzas and a few of their other models for sale at the show.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #2,036 of 2,248
Aye - a fine choice. I'll probably go for one of the carbon scaled small sebenzas (insigo?) again soon - I sold my last one, but miss it now. I do wish he made a "deep carry" clip option. 

Got my "blurple" spyderco PM2 in S110V.

That's one where at least there are aftermarket deep carry clips. I'm with you in that the stock spyderco clips rarely work well for me. My two edc spydies have STR custom deep carry clips, and I couldn't be happier with them. I'll try to get pictures later.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #2,037 of 2,248

Awesome purchase pigmode, love my large and small Sebenzas but admittedly cost more than what I normally spend or want to spend on an EDC. Their sale rep were here at last years knife show at the Hilton Hawaii Village, they had a special limited edition Hawaiian designs on their Sebenzas and a few of their other models for sale at the show.

Thanks, warubozu. This is probably the most expensive knife I've owned, and that I've bought for EDC as well. From a utility POV it might be a little extravagant, but the higher quality standards is imo pretty gratifying. This is a user knife for sure.

I'm going to have to make it to the next local knife show.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,038 of 2,248

Thanks, warubozu. This is probably the most expensive knife I've owned, and that I've bought for EDC as well. From a utility POV it might be a little extravagant, but the higher quality standards is imo pretty gratifying. This is a user knife for sure.

I'm going to have to make it to the next local knife show.

Next show is tentatively schedule for Feb 2017 at the same venue. Although it doesn't compare in size and magnitude as some of the mainland gun and knife shows I've been to, not a bad turnout of knife makers from the mainland and quite a few local custom knife makers.

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,039 of 2,248
  Aye - a fine choice. I'll probably go for one of the carbon scaled small sebenzas (insigo?) again soon - I sold my last one, but miss it now. I do wish he made a "deep carry" clip option. 

That's one where at least there are aftermarket deep carry clips. I'm with you in that the stock spyderco clips rarely work well for me. My two edc spydies have STR custom deep carry clips, and I couldn't be happier with them. I'll try to get pictures later.

Awesome, the purple scales looks cool actually. May consider it as an alternative to the standard black one on my next spyderco purchase.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,040 of 2,248

I waffled on choosing the knife arts carbon Sebenza--very cool. The regular version otoh was a more conservative choice for a first, as I can't say for sure I won't end up with a Large as well.

Nice blurple. Mine is in queue for regrinding, maybe two weeks out.

Thinking real hard on ordering a Goddard Lightweight, the main issue being I might like it better than the Para Military.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back