Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i)
Nov 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #16 of 167
Ahh thats a pity they feel bigger.. I thought that maybe because the body of the headphone didn't protrude out past the edges of the ear tips they might have the same fit and feel as the x12i.. 

I think that rules out the x20i for me because i've had many x10i and x11i and I don't want to give up how small they feel in my ears..

Looking forward to your review of the x20i though!

Cheers,

LG. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 167
  Ahh thats a pity they feel bigger.. I thought that maybe because the body of the headphone didn't protrude out past the edges of the ear tips they might have the same fit and feel as the x12i.. 

I think that rules out the x20i for me because i've had many x10i and x11i and I don't want to give up how small they feel in my ears..

Looking forward to your review of the x20i though!

Cheers,

LG. 

I don't know who said they feel bigger.  I've actually never tried the x11i, so not sure if the x20i is larger.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #19 of 167
I finally got my review of the X20i finished: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/klipsch-x20i-earbuds-with-mic-and-playlist-control-for-ipod-iphone-ipad-silver-black/reviews/14709

Now I start work on the X12i and X6i and will do my best to have those done as soon as I can.  Then wait for the XR8i HYBRID when it becomes available (still Pre-Order only). 

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #21 of 167
I finally got my review of the X20i finished: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/klipsch-x20i-earbuds-with-mic-and-playlist-control-for-ipod-iphone-ipad-silver-black/reviews/14709

Now I start work on the X12i and X6i and will do my best to have those done as soon as I can.  Then wait for the XR8i HYBRID when it becomes available (still Pre-Order only). 

Thanks for putting in the time to write the review! I've been eyeing the x20i's since it was released, but wanted to hear what other people thought of them before buying them.

I can't wait to read your reviews the others.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #22 of 167
Thanks for putting in the time to write the review! I've been eyeing the x20i's since it was released, but wanted to hear what other people thought of them before buying them.

I can't wait to read your reviews the others.

Thank you for the kind words, I'll do my best to post up my reviews on the other models as soon as I can.  
cool.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #23 of 167
I received mine from Amazon yesterday from worldwide stereo (authorized klipsch dealer and in stock) w/ prime shipping.

Curious about your thoughts when you receive them vs. the 20i's.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #24 of 167
Very interesting that they are using the Accupass driver combo in the X20i - I wonder if it shares the same characteristics of some of the customs using that combination. The price is a bit higher than the customs - but I imagine Klipsch has done some tweaking of the drivers.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #26 of 167
X20i arrived last Thursday.  Tried with all my might to enjoy them this weekend.  Worst IEMs I've heard in a very long time.  To my ear - muffled, congested, overly warm and muddy.  Not at all revealing.  So much detail destroyed that I couldn't get texture out of classical strings to save my life.  Cable far more microphonic than I expected it to be.  Very strange experience.  Returning them today. 

I hope your personal experiences are better than mine.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #27 of 167
  X20i arrived last Thursday.  Tried with all my might to enjoy them this weekend.  Worst IEMs I've heard in a very long time.  To my ear - muffled, congested, overly warm and muddy.  Not at all revealing.  So much detail destroyed that I couldn't get texture out of classical strings to save my life.  Cable far more microphonic than I expected it to be.  Very strange experience.  Returning them today. 

I hope your personal experiences are better than mine.

What?  Really?

Almost the complete opposite as what I heard.  That is so strange.  My wife and I were both blown away with the clarity and overall neutral tone of the X20i.  

So far, I only know of a handful of people who have heard the X20i, it has either been love or hate.  Really weird.  

--

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #28 of 167
I know - I feel exactly the same way.  I read a number of your write-ups and really enjoyed them, so it's hard for me to believe that we hear the world that differently.  Admittedly, IEMs are very sensitive to fit issues, and I didn't like the way the X20's fit - for me.  I could get them properly seated, but it wouldn't have been ideal, even if I had loved their sound.  Maybe they are particularly sensitive to bone conductance?  Just guessing wildly here.

Then again, maybe I've just been listening to my IE800 and AKG K3003i's for too long.  :wink:

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 167
  I know - I feel exactly the same way.  I read a number of your write-ups and really enjoyed them, so it's hard for me to believe that we hear the world that differently.  Admittedly, IEMs are very sensitive to fit issues, and I didn't like the way the X20's fit - for me.  I could get them properly seated, but it wouldn't have been ideal, even if I had loved their sound.  Maybe they are particularly sensitive to bone conductance?  Just guessing wildly here.

Then again, maybe I've just been listening to my IE800 and AKG K3003i's for too long.  :wink:

I bet I know the difference. 

Are you using the oval silicon tips?   I am using the specially made Comply TS-100 (Small Size):  http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Ts-100/

Klipsch said that future shipments might have these tips included.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #30 of 167
Ah....very interesting point.  Yes, I only tried the silicone tips included in the package.  I've tried numerous Comply tips with my IE800s and the trade-offs have never amounted to a net positive for me, so I'll admit, I didn't even think about trying them.  I had heard such good things about Klipsch's silicone tips that I was probably just biased to using them from the time I made the purchase.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back