Klipsch X11 or something else?
Feb 2, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #16 of 20
With some EQ, these things can sound decent; however there is way too much leakage in that 100-500hz range where it just sounds muddy out of the box.  These things take fairly well to EQ, so you should come close to the sound you're looking for with these if you're willing to put in the work.  Using the goldenears calibration as a baseline is a good starting point.  You can try the Accudio app on an iPhone to hear the difference a good EQ can make.  You'd use the X10 calibration, but since there is no difference between the X10 and X11 except the housings as far as I know, should be safe.

However, I will live with these nuances because the X10/X11 are hands down the most comfortable IEM on the market.

Out of all my earphones however, the Ortofon eQ-5 kick the crap out of these in every way imaginable except fit and comfort.  Those things are SO fun to listen to, their biggest ding is the housings are so heavy; you'll need a shirt clip or an ear loop to keep them in your ears while moving.  Have not tried the eQ-7/8.  I got mine BNIB for $150 shipped, so for a few bucks more you'll find something far superior on the SQ front.

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 20
  With some EQ, these things can sound decent; however there is way too much leakage in that 100-500hz range where it just sounds muddy out of the box.  These things take fairly well to EQ, so you should come close to the sound you're looking for with these if you're willing to put in the work.  Using the goldenears calibration as a baseline is a good starting point.  You can try the Accudio app on an iPhone to hear the difference a good EQ can make.  You'd use the X10 calibration, but since there is no difference between the X10 and X11 except the housings as far as I know, should be safe.

However, I will live with these nuances because the X10/X11 are hands down the most comfortable IEM on the market.

Out of all my earphones however, the Ortofon eQ-5 kick the crap out of these in every way imaginable except fit and comfort.  Those things are SO fun to listen to, their biggest ding is the housings are so heavy; you'll need a shirt clip or an ear loop to keep them in your ears while moving.  Have not tried the eQ-7/8.  I got mine BNIB for $150 shipped, so for a few bucks more you'll find something far superior on the SQ front.

Would you mind sharing where you get the  Ortofon eQ-5 for $150 shipped? Thanks!!

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #18 of 20

What makes the Ortofon Eq5 a better IEM than the X11?

Can you share more specific qualities that make the Eq5 more endearing to you?

FYI, I am getting both the Eq8 and Eq5 for review.  I'd like to get the Klipsch X11 to do comparison sometime later.  For now, I'd like to hear as much inputs from people who've heard both as possible.

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #19 of 20
So I bought these, and was very happy with him up until I left them on a train about a month ago. Ironically after losing them I went on to wire cutter and read there under 200 IEM guide and saw they were commanded the Sony XBA – H1.

I'm currently just using my TTPOD T1-E and they are making do.

Horror of horrors, I'm considering moving from my QC-15s as my commuting set to the QC-20is for portability.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #20 of 20
Just rushed out and bought mine at this 119 price. I auditioned x10 years back at 349 price but even the second hand market x10 was selling at 300. Great sound stage if my memory serves me right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back