Klipsch x10 vs Ue Triple Fi 10???
May 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 24
both the x10 and tf10s are many tiers above the S4. I found the S4 to be extremely muddy and bloated. Silibilance wise, the TF10 will be fine with majority of songs and genre, it will add a nice zing to techno/pop that wont be found on the x10. The only downside is that the vocals may seem a tad recessed (V shaped), but still as detailed (if not more detailed) than the X10s. I think many consider the TF 10s to be one one of the top tier universals (priced at 400 at release) and one of the best bang-for-buck iems out there at its current price. The caveat being that if it doesn't fit, you'll very much dislike them.
Overall, while i'm sure that which ever you choose, it'll be a much better experience than the S4s.

If you can, i'd go demo these two iems at a local audio store, figure out which you like better and if it fits before dropping 150 on these :)
Also, while these don't really fall into the requirements that you are looking for, there has been a lot of good said about the GR 07s and EPH 100s which are both within the same price range. They are more balanced compared to what you've listened to so far and are pretty sturdy as well.

May 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #18 of 24
The TF10 has great bass.. if an IEM has so much bass that it makes the TF10 sound like no bass, then they're probably minature subwoofers. The TF10 will satisfy all but the most bass-craving bassheads.

May 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
Ok and I am hearing from some sources that are comparing the x10 with the UE saying that the Triple fi 10 have NO bass compared to the X10

I had the same strange experience and i beleive UE change the cable later(long thread here on forum). I preordered before UE release the TF10Pro first batch and TF10Pro where overall soft sounding IEMs (like ADDIEMs) with small soundstage, very detailed mids and highs were amazingly clean extended(even from my iPod mini the highs were so extended and clean). The second pair i got couple years later and it sound so different from first pair because it had very wide soundstage, deeper punchier bass like dynamic drivers IEMs, mids loose some details but more present and in front row with bass, the highs were nowhere near the first pair(clean, not extended).

May 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #23 of 24
As someone who has owned the TF10 THREE times, I find them a spectacularly frustrating IEM.

On the one hand, they have excellent overall sound for the price (smooth, good extension, sparkly treble, solid bass)...

HOWEVER, I find them to be a huge PITA from a fitment perspective. Even after purchasing an after-market cable, and doing the flip-mod, I always found them uncomfortable and ungainly. In fact, they are IMHO, the only truly UNCOMFORTABLE IEM I have ever tried! 

After two times trying to live with the TF10s over the past few years, I had finally given up.

But then last year, I bought the X10 and TF10 at the $99 sale. I thought I would give the TF10s one final chance. I was also expecting to give the X10s a try, sell and move on. 

But to my surprise, though the TF10s seemed a better value at the same price, I find the SQ of the X10 to be shockingly good for a single micro driver! And though I prefer the over-the-ear security of a Westone 3/UM3x/Shure 535/etc... I find them extremely comfortable and easy to fit! 

And once again I struggled to love the TF10s, finding their sound to more than justify the price, but their ridiculous and cumbersome design was just to much.

Long story short: 3 strikes against the TF10, wearing the X10 off-and-on during my daily tokyo commute, something the TF10s could NEVER handle! 

May 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
As someone who has owned the TF10 THREE times, I find them a spectacularly frustrating IEM.

On the one hand, they have excellent overall sound for the price (smooth, good extension, sparkly treble, solid bass)...

HOWEVER, I find them to be a huge PITA from a fitment perspective. Even after purchasing an after-market cable, and doing the flip-mod, I always found them uncomfortable and ungainly. In fact, they are IMHO, the only truly UNCOMFORTABLE IEM I have ever tried! 

After two times trying to live with the TF10s over the past few years, I had finally given up.

But then last year, I bought the X10 and TF10 at the $99 sale. I thought I would give the TF10s one final chance. I was also expecting to give the X10s a try, sell and move on. 

But to my surprise, though the TF10s seemed a better value at the same price, I find the SQ of the X10 to be shockingly good for a single micro driver! And though I prefer the over-the-ear security of a Westone 3/UM3x/Shure 535/etc... I find them extremely comfortable and easy to fit! 

And once again I struggled to love the TF10s, finding their sound to more than justify the price, but their ridiculous and cumbersome design was just to much.

Long story short: 3 strikes against the TF10, wearing the X10 off-and-on during my daily tokyo commute, something the TF10s could NEVER handle! 

Although the fit on the TF10 is quite subjective. It isn't that bad with my ears... but still bad, so yeah. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back