Klipsch X1 (S2) review
Mar 4, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #31 of 59
Bass seems to be less painful than it was before. These are growing on me. Their detail is super... I'm hearing stuff I didn't even hear with the AD700s! Although that may well be because of their isolation and "easier-to-drive"ness.

My one complaint with them is the cables are quite microphonic and their fuselage* and cable exit aren't really shaped in a way conducive to over-ear routing, rather like the Ai-M9s in fact.

[size=xx-small]* inappropriate nomenclature, I know...[/size]

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 59
they need about 20hours burn in or so to start to really sound the dogs knees and the bees bollo..yea. I put about 60 hours pink noise and the rest has been playtime probably 100 hours on them in total and I love them, they're the only IEM I use besides my JH13's.
The cables are fairly microphonic yes, I just usually tuck it in my coat and its cool

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #33 of 59
It's also difficult to quickly tell the difference between the right and left earphone, so I proudly present my extreme Klipsch Image X1/S2 mod.

picsay-1267745867.jpg

Need a green pen now!

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #34 of 59
nice!! thats actually a really good idea! because yes I do find that too messing about turning it over and stuff, just a fine tipped red permanent I take it? good stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #36 of 59
Hello head-fier's.

This is my first post so apologies if anything goes wrong. I've been doing a lot of reading here in the past few days. Have £20 to spend on an IEM and i'm really inclined on getting the Klipsch S2/X1, specially after reading this thread. However, i don't know if the bass on these would be enough for me, don't get me wrong i'm not a basshead by any means, i just prefer decent amount of tight bass along with balanced mids and highs. The DAPs i'll be using mostly are Clip+/iPod Touch 1G. Music genres i listen comprise of acoustic rock/soft rock, alternative and some pop.

I'm also interested to know how do these compare to Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 220 in terms of bass and overall soundstage.

Thanks for your time.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #37 of 59
I would consider these bass-centric, so you shouldn't have any worries on that front. I'm also impressed by their soundstage and separation. Can't really comment on the Metro.fi other than that I've never seen anyone be particularly enthused by then on here.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #38 of 59
I did buy both but gave them away so I can't really remember which was better, and I only tried them briefly. Suffice it to say one isn't so much better than the other out of the box that it sticks in my mind.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #42 of 59
these have amazing synergy with mini3 amp, makes them thump in the bass, mids are alot stronger (usually ever so slightly slightly recessed), more detail and unbelievably makes the sound stage bigger.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #44 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is how the S4s (the X1's more expensive cousin) are shaking out for me as well. I tend to grab them more than my UM3X these days. I think Klipsch is onto something with their dynamic driver IEMs. I can say I favor the S4s over the X10s when I had both, which is saying something.

What exactly did you find the S4 does better than the X10?

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #45 of 59
so these are definately 100% identical to the s2??

i get amazon and klipsch teamed up, but it is quite a large price difference. i find it quite strange especially if they are indentical lol

if so... how do the s4's compare to these puppies? main differences?

edit: added to cart, seem to be 15gbp now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back