Klipsch X1 (S2) review
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My prediction would be for these to annihilate the CX-anything.

timmy, any X1 v Ai-M6 impressions yet?

ah I sold my M6's but I've resurrected this thread to say that the X1/S2's are the best dynamic phone I've owned and in terms of cost vs performance the best IEM period. I've been disappointed with alot of my gear after getting JH13's, the demo unit made my SE530's feel dull and lifeless. This morning I listened to the 13's for an hour then stuck in my S2's and was in no way disappointed..the mids are so detailed for such a tiny driver, bass isn't the tightest but is very layered, treble is sparkly but dialed back just enough as to not be sibilant.
These required about 20hrs burn in for me to really start opening up, but once they do they are outstanding..for £20 they are truely shocking.
And..yea I'm gonna say it..the sound sig reminds me of JVC FX500's but imo these are better (well..hence me saying they are the best dynamic I've owned). There is just something about these that I really like...

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah I sold my M6's but I've resurrected this thread to say that the X1/S2's are the best dynamic phone I've owned and in terms of cost vs performance the best IEM period. I've been disappointed with alot of my gear after getting JH13's, the demo unit made my SE530's feel dull and lifeless. This morning I listened to the 13's for an hour then stuck in my S2's and was in no way disappointed..the mids are so detailed for such a tiny driver, bass isn't the tightest but is very layered, treble is sparkly but dialed back just enough as to not be sibilant.
These required about 20hrs burn in for me to really start opening up, but once they do they are outstanding..for £20 they are truely shocking.
And..yea I'm gonna say it..the sound sig reminds me of JVC FX500's but imo these are better (well..hence me saying they are the best dynamic I've owned). There is just something about these that I really like...

What made you sell your M6? Are the S2 definitively better, or is it just a personal preference?

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 59
Well one thing that the S2s have over the M6 is they don't have the fiddly memory wire
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What made you sell your M6? Are the S2 definitively better, or is it just a personal preference?

well its always subjective but for me the S2's presented the music in a much more linear fashion (felt the mids on the m6 were recessed) and the sound was alot more richer and fuller. Slightly less detailed perhaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez, are you going to make me buy a paid of S2s now? After the JH13, you were not disappointed. Strong statement.

relatiely. Don't get me wrong they are no where near the level of a JH13, £20 vs £900 IEM there's no competition haha. But as dynamic IEM's go these are personally the best I've had as an all round dynamic IEM. I've owned the RE0's and people love them, I hated the clinical sound signature. For the the S2's present the music exactly how I like it, textured bass, rich mid range, treble present but dialed back enough not to be harsh, detailed

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #24 of 59
Looking for a nice but not too expensive earphone for my girlfriend to go with her new iPhone 3GS and I reckon these would be perfect!

£23 as well. Bargain.

Wait, is the S2 the same as the Image X1?

Edit - nvm I see the X1 is the newer and cheaper model. Sweet.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #25 of 59
X1 = S2, exactly the same apart from the box and the price. Amazon.co.uk and Klipsch have 'teamed up' to bring you this special limited edition blah blah its an S2 with a different box (not that thats a bad thing!)

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #26 of 59
I am an S4 fan, and based on what I have read, probably would not care to own the RE0 (I just sold the RE252). So that could stop me from buying the S2 ( I mean already have the S4). But I am curious nonetheless. Sounds like a great gift IEM, impress people at low cost. Others have disparaged the S4, but I think Klipsch has done well for their first shot at dynamics.

Oh, and I didn't meant to imply that the S2 could approach the JH13. Just it was a strong endorsement of the S2.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #27 of 59
Sounds good to me. Will be perfect for my girlfriend who can't always tell the difference between one speaker and the next. Although she did say "they're good aren't they?" after listening to Animal Collective's "My Girls" on my C710s.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #28 of 59
I've recommended the S2's to some people who have some decent phones, one guy owns some Beyer DT990's and was impressed with the S2's.
For £20 they're such a great budget phone..I mean..ahah..Ink'd are £17.99 (oh but you can get them with the Paul Frank monkey on!) and Broken' (Smokin') buds are like £30!

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #29 of 59
just to bump this up, I've just put these into my newly built SS tube amp, they respond very well..huge open airy sound, massive ss width and pounding bass. These are without question the best sounding dynamic I've heard and now amping them takes them to a whole new level...for £20 its unbelievable

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #30 of 59
I bought a pair for my dad... he didn't want them. Mine now. The soundstage really is very good. Low profile when inserted fully, I suspect one could sleep with these in. Bass is a bit too heavy for me, but I can see people coming from CX---s liking these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back