Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 17, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #16 of 159
X2 on those cable cover issues. Mine look like new. I heard from the grapevine that while it ain't pretty, it will not affect SQ or hurt the drivers. And apparently Klipsch is working on a fix for future IEMs. But I really think careful handling should work.

FYI, I thought Klipsch offered a two-year warranty, but it's only one. My bad (I had posted otherwise a few places).

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the Custom3s. Now, what can I sell to pay for them? Sleeks? Nah. AL 716s (modded)? Maybe. Sony A818? Maybe.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #17 of 159
I've been thinking of ordering a pair of UE sf3, but the price on the X5 has me tempted. I'm familiar with Klipsch as a speaker manufacturer but have no experience with their headphones. What is the sound quality of these? How do they compare with the UE sf3 and the er-6i? Is the X5 better than the Custom-3, or just different? I am really considering the X5.

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #19 of 159
Nov 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #20 of 159
Why is it US only?
frown.gif
I think the X10 are way much better than my Fi.5 (maybe it is also good this action is us only, otherwise I spent a lot of money again, and as a poor student I don't have many of that
tongue_smile.gif
)

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 159
Probably U.S. only cause of the free shipping, to keep it simple. This only runs until 11/30. It will be interesting to see if prices go back to MSRP again, or stay low. Amazon already had these phones discounted near $$200 (X10s), so they can still be had for less than MSRP from an authorized dealer. I will tell you the X10s is much, much better than the SF5. I owned the latter, and returned them in a week.

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #22 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidr2287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried using this coupon code : Klipsch Coupon MasterCard Shop Klipsch.com and save 25% off The Ultimate Sound Experience. From high-performance computer and iPod'#174;/MP3 speake
in combination with the "half off" code? I dont know if the code even works or if it can be use in combination but its supposed to add an extra 25% off if using a mastercard as form of payment. I don't have a mastercard to verify if it works in combination thus I am asking.

The Mastercard promotion ended in June and will no longer work.

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #23 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by theodouma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is it US only?
frown.gif
I think the X10 are way much better than my Fi.5 (maybe it is also good this action is us only, otherwise I spent a lot of money again, and as a poor student I don't have many of that
tongue_smile.gif
)

Our store is only set up for direct sales on the few products that we do offer for a few reasons. The biggest is probably that it would be a large expansion for us to set up the infrastructure to be able to ship internationally to individual consumers (legally and logistically), and also the additional support we'd need to provide on an international level.

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #24 of 159
Thanks for the heads up on this one. Was able to get a pair of Custom 3 for $162 total! I think they're gonna be way better than the FX300's I'm still using. Paired with the fact I just found my Tomahawk again, and my ears are going to be in total bliss!
biggrin.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #28 of 159
i want to get in on this, however i'm wary because there been saying that the treble on the x10s arent that great. i checked the return policy and it states that tax is not reimbursed on returns?!?

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #30 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want to get in on this, however i'm wary because there been saying that the treble on the x10s arent that great. i checked the return policy and it states that tax is not reimbursed on returns?!?

Treble is fine. Nice, crisp, clean. May not equal other high-end phones, but the overall sound delivery on the X10s is nice, very nice. Also, the combo of comfort and SQ is impossible to beat at $175. Doubt you will be disappointed at this price point. Tax, what tax?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back