Klipsch S4i or Maximo iP-595 for iPhone
Nov 26, 2010 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

z999

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a new set of IEMs for my iPhone 4 with the apple remote.
I listen mainly to metal (progressive, the kind that requires precision) and some alt. Rock with tastes of 70's rock.
I've narrowed my search to either the Klipsch S4i or the Maximo iP-595, both offer decent response all over the spectrum, but which of them will be more fitting to rock&metal? I'm looking for precision and balance but still fun earphones. I want the bass to not be overpowering but still have a nice interesting sound.
Thx, Ziv :)

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I've narrowed my search to either the Klipsch S4i or the Maximo iP-595, both offer decent response all over the spectrum, but which of them will be more fitting to rock&metal? I'm looking for precision and balance but still fun earphones. I want the bass to not be overpowering but still have a nice interesting sound.

Definitely the Maximos.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 9
Because of the better definition? Are the klipsches that bad?
Should I also get some comply replacement tips? Or Shure olives? Will the olives fit?

After such a definite answer I think I'll get the maximos.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Because of the better definition? Are the klipsches that bad?
Should I also get some comply replacement tips? Or Shure olives? Will the olives fit?

After such a definite answer I think I'll get the maximos.

The S4 is not a bad earphone but 'precise' and 'balanced' are not words I'd use to describe them. Comply tips (*200 size) fit but aren't really necessary unless you already know that you don't like silicones. Sony Hybrids will fit too. Olives fill not fit.

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #7 of 9
I have used the 4s and im490 and like the im490 MUCH better. I have heard the 595 is even better. I have put the black comply tips on mine and I lke them a lot. It tones down the bass a bit and gives it more clarity (imho).

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 9
I initially had some problems but Andrew at Maximo quickly sent out a replacement - they sound and work great.

If these or any other headphones are causing your iPhone to act erratically, there may be dust or dirt in the earphone jack - Andrew told me about this and after blasting the jack out with compressed air it all works fine.

10/10 go get yourself a pair!

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 9
Actually I bought the Maximos ans SQ-wise they are much better to my friend's S4s (we bought them just when I bought mine). The 595s offer much more detailed bass and are overall more equal than the Klipsch, in the klipsch I often found the bass to be overpowering all the other sounds and the Maximos give me a more accurate response all over the spectrum. They do have two issues, their mids are a bit overpowering (something that I guess can be fixed with an equalizer but the iPhone doesn't have a proper equalizer) and my left earpiece makes ticking noises when it changes place, I heard somewhere that it's because of the change in pressure the driver moves a bit, I won't be trying to replace them in the meanwhile because I'm too impatient, they have been stuck in the mail for two months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back