Klipsch S4 Sound with Sennheiser CX 500 fit
Oct 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ohmightyrv1

New Head-Fier
I just sold my Klipsch S4s because I couldn't get a great fit and I found them to be a bit uncomfortable in my ears (even though I loved the way they sounded). I ended up picking a pair of CX 500s on the cheap, but don't think they Senn's hold a candle to the S4s in terms of sound quality.

I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for me in terms of finding something that has the fit of the Sennheiser CX 500s and the sound quality of the Klipsch S4s. I find the Senns to have a muddy bass, whereas the Klipsch bass was more punchy. 

Price wise I'm open to anything between like, $30 and $80.

I've been doing a little research and am considering the RE0s, NuForce NE-7Ms, and Brainwavs M2, but I can't really make up my mind.

My biggest priorities are sound quality and comfort, as I sometimes wear my headphones before I go to sleep and like something that doesn't stick out to much (like the Klipsches - very uncomfortable, the Senns are very comfortable for me).

Build quality is also important, as I travel quite a bit so I don't want anything that might fall apart (or anything that requires an amp). I'm also a little concerned about microphonics.

Got any ideas? Something I might not have considered?
Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back