Klipsch r6? Help!
Aug 10, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #61 of 75
Not sure if to get these or the Sennheiser momentum in ears? http://www.johnlewis.com/sennheiser-momentum-g-in-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote-black/p1755539

anyone have a comparison?
thanks

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #63 of 75
Which do you recommend the klipsch r6 or the shure se215 for modern day top 50 music like hiphop.

I suggest looking into the Audio Technica ATH-IM50 or IM70. I've owned the IM03 and the 04, but for your budget and music preference definitely look at those. They should be considerably better than the Klipsch R6.

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #64 of 75
I've been using a pair of R6's for roughly 6 months now. They're so awesome! The only damage to them is some minor splitting at the connector and removed filters (my little mess up, nothing changed sound wise). I like them a lot more than my s4. The sound stage sounds really good

Question for everyone in this thread (not just DroidArmy): when you say "they're awesome," please clarify: awesome compared to what? The iFrogz you got at Walgreens? Your IE800? Context is everything, here.

I picked up a pair of R6s tonight ($60 at Best Buy; the R6i that I preferred was $80. An extra $20 just for iPod controls?!? F-that!). I have less than an hour listening to them so far, but if "burn in" reduces the sibilant highs, we may have a keeper here! To my surprise they conpare well to my Etymotic HF5s. Both have a mostly neutral colorless signature, the R6 produces much more bass than the H5 (obviously, though taking a wider view, it's my second lightest IEM in the bass dept.). Also obviously, the HF wins in detail and clarity, but not by a tremendously wide margin. If I'd never heard of Etymotic, I would be blown away by the detail here, I suspect. The Klipsch easily ranks above anything in the ~$20 category. At $60 I think these have good value. $80 would have been too much.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #65 of 75
The R6 is not neutral. It has a fairly steep V-shape. Which sounds great on some music, and not so great on others. If the track is already pretty bass-heavy, the vocals will get drowned out more than I like.

If v-shaped is what you want, these are rather good IEMs. They were my first "audiophile" headphones. Even though I like a warm sound, I eventually left the R6 for the Klipsch X7 because I hated how much the vocals got lost on darker music. The X7 is truly neutral.

Later, I made a big upgrade to the ATH-IM03, which had all the warmth of the R6, but far more clarity and detail, with the vocals never getting lost in the mix.

Today I'm all the way up to TOTL, with the Rhapsodio Solar BA10.

How does the R6 compare to all these others? Not well. I would recommend trying the X6, which I believe tries to bridge the gap between the R6 and the X7.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #67 of 75
I've been having issues with my R6i's, the majority of the time I get a muffled seal. When I put them in they're significantly quieter than they should be and I don't know why, maybe my ears are just weord or something idk. Does anyone have any advice?

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #68 of 75
I've been having issues with my R6i's, the majority of the time I get a muffled seal. When I put them in they're significantly quieter than they should be and I don't know why, maybe my ears are just weord or something idk. Does anyone have any advice?

Could you go into more detail? What exactly is happening?

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #69 of 75
Could you go into more detail? What exactly is happening?

Sure, whenever I put them in my ears I get a bass and treble response significantly worse than I should which I know because when I pull them out/if they get loose it actually sounds right. I'm not putting them in any different than I've put iems in before so I have no clue what the issue is.

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #70 of 75
Could be some earwax keeping the tips from making a seal.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #71 of 75
Klipsch R6 are the worst earphones I've ever heard. Where are the high frequencies? Where is the bass? They reproduce only mid frequencies, distorted. They can be compared only to cheap chinese no-name earphones. 
mad.gif

Hands free of my Samsung S5 neo sound much better than the Klipsch R6 although they cost only 1/10 of the price of R6.
Stay away from them. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #72 of 75
The R6 is V-Shaped to the extreme. It has WAY more bass than mids.

My guess is the tips aren't making a good seal with your ear canal. The bass is the first thing you lose when that happens.

Try different sizes.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #73 of 75
I use the right size of silicone tips for my ears but still the bass is much worse than the Samsung's hands-free.
I don't talk about the highs of the R6's because they simply don't exist.
Overall their performance is a great disappointment. 
mad.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #74 of 75
Then you've got a dud. Send back for a replacement. The bass on the R6 is enormous.

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #75 of 75
This is the situation: As I was totally disappointed of the music performance from my Klipsch R6m I decided, instead of throwing them away, to use them for watching movies and some of my favourite TV shows. After 8 to 10 hours of use I noticed that the music soundtrack of some movie was heard exceptionally good! So I gave them a second chance. I played some music files both mp3s and flacs and I was surprised!!
The missing bass was now present, the highs were crystal clear as they should be and the distortion of the mid frequencies was disappeared.
Conclusion: If you buy those earphones R6m from Klipsch don't be in a hurry to judge them. Give them their time. After 8 to 10 hours they improve dramatically their performance. I couldn't believe it. Now I can say that those earphones are one of the best I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back