Klipsch r6? Help!
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #16 of 75
I've owned the s4, s4ii, s215 and now the r6. S4ii were perfect in my mind. 215 was super uncomfortable and sounded worse than s4 to my preference. The new r6 without burn in sounds a lot like the shure. I think it's more balanced but definitely less bass than s4 for now. Hoping burn in will change it

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #17 of 75
I have gone throgh easily 10 pairs of Klipsch s4 & s4i's over the past 4 years because the strain relief splitting or something else going wrong. I picked up a pair of these for 80$ at BB today. They are the only iems that sound good with my nexus 5 so I love them but also the build quality is far better than the s4 I'll tell you that much!! Sound quality seems about the same for me. Lots of bass I usually turn it down.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #18 of 75
Wow this is literally the only thread with information on these. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to replace my broken s4's and I'm having trouble chooses between the s4 ii's and the new r6's. Which has more bass?

Apparently the r6's are made of metal, and must be heavier? How's the comfort compared to the s4? The s4's were really light and you could barely feel them.

Do you think theyre worth $85 vs $50 for the s4ii's? I'm sure the price will drop to around $60 or something since both retail for $79, but the r6's are newer..

edit: Are these any more/less bulky than the s4's? I imagine more because of the flat cable but other than that is the plug still slim and the y splitter?

If anyone can compare them to the Shure se215's that be great, they're in the same price range but the se215's apparently have better sound(?) but are definitely more bulky and over ear only.

Sorry for the late reply. I think the R6 might have more bass than the s4's if anything. They're about the same. The comfort is about the same I guess. They're a little heavier but they're not bad. If they're worth the money is going to be up to you. I think they are, but that's my opinion. They're about the same as the s4 II for bulkiness and a little more bulky than the original s4

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 75
I've owned the s4, s4ii, s215 and now the r6. S4ii were perfect in my mind. 215 was super uncomfortable and sounded worse than s4 to my preference. The new r6 without burn in sounds a lot like the shure. I think it's more balanced but definitely less bass than s4 for now. Hoping burn in will change it

It seems to be on the warmer side. I actually like it that way.

May 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #20 of 75
Yeah, i just picked a pair up. Not as comfortable as the s4's but I'd rather have tangle free over a little more bulk. The plug is a lot larger than the s4's and I'm a bit annoyed by that, since it sticks out a good full inch and feels like it could break my headphone jack if i catch it on something. The silver on the sides is actually just silver plastic like on the s4's, the only thing aluminum on this thing seems to be the o shaped decorated brushed metal on the back. I actually think the drivers on these are the same because they sound really similar, only the r6's a little less "crisp" on the high's. Maybe someone thats not as lazy as me email Klipsch and see what they have to say. I was hoping for more bass but I haven't burned them in at all so we'll see. These do feel like they'll last forever and the cable is much better than the old ones. Considering the s4's lasted a good 2 years before crapping out after being washed twice, I think these would last a while. 

They sound flatter to me. I got really used to a V shape sound just from listening to a lot of hiphop with the s4's so maybe that's way. a lot of people would definitely be satisfied with the amount of bass 

May 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #21 of 75
Compared to the s4 they have faster bass response since it has a much smaller speakers, instead of 8.5mm they are 6.5mm in the r6. The Soundstage is way better and bigger compared to the s4, I have about 40+ hours of break in on my R6 and the bass expands and smoothens, mids come out more and the sparkling highs they had in the out of the box sound tame down and blend in better. Instrument separation is way better than the s4 for sure! What helps in contribute to that is fact that the bass response is faster and the bigger and wider sound stage. What I like is these give you that impact when the song needs it I'm terms for bass, unlike the s4 it was like listening to subwoofers all the time. I hope this helps everyone coming across this thread.

May 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 75
Compared to the s4 they have faster bass response since it has a much smaller speakers, instead of 8.5mm they are 6.5mm in the r6. The Soundstage is way better and bigger compared to the s4, I have about 40+ hours of break in on my R6 and the bass expands and smoothens, mids come out more and the sparkling highs they had in the out of the box sound tame down and blend in better. Instrument separation is way better than the s4 for sure! What helps in contribute to that is fact that the bass response is faster and the bigger and wider sound stage. What I like is these give you that impact when the song needs it I'm terms for bass, unlike the s4 it was like listening to subwoofers all the time. I hope this helps everyone coming across this thread.

My thoughts exactly. They really did an excellent job! I'll be buying these again once they break

May 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #23 of 75
Yeah, i just picked a pair up. Not as comfortable as the s4's but I'd rather have tangle free over a little more bulk. The plug is a lot larger than the s4's and I'm a bit annoyed by that, since it sticks out a good full inch and feels like it could break my headphone jack if i catch it on something. The silver on the sides is actually just silver plastic like on the s4's, the only thing aluminum on this thing seems to be the o shaped decorated brushed metal on the back. I actually think the drivers on these are the same because they sound really similar, only the r6's a little less "crisp" on the high's. Maybe someone thats not as lazy as me email Klipsch and see what they have to say. I was hoping for more bass but I haven't burned them in at all so we'll see. These do feel like they'll last forever and the cable is much better than the old ones. Considering the s4's lasted a good 2 years before crapping out after being washed twice, I think these would last a while. 

They sound flatter to me. I got really used to a V shape sound just from listening to a lot of hiphop with the s4's so maybe that's way. a lot of people would definitely be satisfied with the amount of bass 

I noticed the fact that they were flatter right off of the bat. I actually like it that way a little bit more. The good news is that I can finally watch tv on my phone without my ears bleeding. The sibilance on the original pair of s4's I was using is unbearable.

May 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 75
Playing with this set some more. Wound up using poweramp's tone control to boost the bass. The drivers are physically capable, perhaps just tuned not to be excessive stock. Anyways, I'm happy now :)

May 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #25 of 75
Just picked these up to replace my S4's that had begin to have some issues. I'm liking them a lot so far. Nice and clean sound.

I have a question for anybody that has a pair of these. Are y'all wearing them wrapped over the ear or no? I always wore my S4's wrapped over my ear but I'm having trouble getting these to fit right when I try to wrap them. I'm guessing it's due to the flat cable..

Thanks!

May 4, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 75
Anyone experience driver flex with these? I can hear a distinctive crackle pop when I push in the right ear bud, the left one doesn't have this so maybe its a defect? The s4s had no driver flex but they also didn't have the small vent hole these do.

May 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #27 of 75
Anyone experience driver flex with these? I can hear a distinctive crackle pop when I push in the right ear bud, the left one doesn't have this so maybe its a defect? The s4s had no driver flex but they also didn't have the small vent hole these do.

I haven't seen that. The only "pop" I hear is when I push them in so far that there's no room. I just did that now to see if they had the issue. The sound didn't change at all. Maybe yours have a defect? I haven't heard crackling or popping when putting them in

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #28 of 75
  Wow this is literally the only thread with information on these. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to replace my broken s4's and I'm having trouble chooses between the s4 ii's and the new r6's. Which has more bass?

Apparently the r6's are made of metal, and must be heavier? How's the comfort compared to the s4? The s4's were really light and you could barely feel them.

Do you think theyre worth $85 vs $50 for the s4ii's? I'm sure the price will drop to around $60 or something since both retail for $79, but the r6's are newer..

edit: Are these any more/less bulky than the s4's? I imagine more because of the flat cable but other than that is the plug still slim and the y splitter?

If anyone can compare them to the Shure se215's that be great, they're in the same price range but the se215's apparently have better sound(?) but are definitely more bulky and over ear only.

Way better than the S4's but I see you already got a pair

What are you on?  The 215's are a little lacking in the highs but other than that probably the best $200 or less dynamics out there, most detailed in the mids by far too. They do take awhile to fit right, the iPod or Fiio cable is better than the stock cable. S4's bass is loser and boomier but I think about the same level so the R6's sound like they have a little less bass but not really.

I have gone throgh easily 10 pairs of Klipsch s4 & s4i's over the past 4 years because the strain relief splitting or something else going wrong. I picked up a pair of these for 80$ at BB today. They are the only iems that sound good with my nexus 5 so I love them but also the build quality is far better than the s4 I'll tell you that much!! Sound quality seems about the same for me. Lots of bass I usually turn it down.

Ummm thats when you buy different headphones..., I gave up after my first pair went and moved to 215's then 535's then I did get another pair of S4's on sale for like $35 and now the R6's.

The S4II's felt cheap to me, even tho the R6's are the same material they feel better.

I don't think its the smaller driver I think there just better headphones haha, the S4's don't even have that much bass boost listen to some monster or skullcandy in ears lol.

I noticed the fact that they were flatter right off of the bat. I actually like it that way a little bit more. The good news is that I can finally watch tv on my phone without my ears bleeding. The sibilance on the original pair of s4's I was using is unbearable.

Yeah I can't believe I listened to metal with them for so long.

Playing with this set some more. Wound up using poweramp's tone control to boost the bass. The drivers are physically capable, perhaps just tuned not to be excessive stock. Anyways, I'm happy now
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I hate headphones like the the Shure SRH840's and stuff that just physically are not capable of putting out more bass than they have out of the box. The Shure SE in ears you can get a little more, but most Klipsch's are good in there ability to pound if you have a good bass EQ.

Just picked these up to replace my S4's that had begin to have some issues. I'm liking them a lot so far. Nice and clean sound.

I have a question for anybody that has a pair of these. Are y'all wearing them wrapped over the ear or no? I always wore my S4's wrapped over my ear but I'm having trouble getting these to fit right when I try to wrap them. I'm guessing it's due to the flat cable..

Thanks!

Yeah I don't really see away to do this unless you swaped the right and left and the flat cable really doesn't help.

I've never even heard of driver flex except on the Turbines.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #29 of 75
I bought a pair of R6i 2 weeks ago after having bought a pair of s4i II a month ago because I like these.
There are things I just don't understand when I read all those reviews.

1 : Build quality.

Unlike what I've read, there is absolutely no difference between the cable and strain release of the R6i and S4i II. So if you have gone thru several s4i, you will also have problems with R6i.

2 : Sound quality

The basses on the R6i are tighter. But they are also stronger in my opinion. I think the R6i has a little bit more bass, and I don't like it, the bass are invading and in my opinion the R6i are less balanced than the S4i II. The highs seem to me a little bit less detailed. There are sounds that I just don't hear with the R6i and I can ear clearly with the S4.

Overall sound : My reference in sound are the Audio technica M50. I love their sound. The S4i sounds to my ears closer to the audio technica, the R6i is too on the bass side for me. I whish I had bought another pair because it doesnt sound to me to be an upgrade over the s4i I should have bought the X7i instead.

The good point :

The build material (plastic) of the r6i headphones is more pleasant, the design is also  more modern. I also prefer the remote control of the R6I versus the one of the S4i II.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #30 of 75
I picked p a pair of R6's recently, will review.

Edit: The r6's have decent bass, but sound pretty muddy and imprecise. The bass is overpowering at times. Listening to a such like You Wont Relent - Misty Edwards, the bass guitar overpowers everything. Wake Me up - Avincii the bass overpowers everything. Electric guitars sound muddy and indistinct.

Edit2: A bit more listening has led me to the conclusion that these just have too much bass. They are powerful, yes, but unbalanced. If you enjoy that kind of thing, go for them, but they are not my thing. I prefer the s4 to the r6.

The bass is just to unbalanced and leaky imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back