Klipsch Image x10 x5 compared to Image S4 / S4i
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone has the X10's and the Sony Hybrid tips, please comment on the SQ! I wish I'd have known about the hybrids when I had the X10's.

You can ask me.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 34
Does anyone know if the gels on the x5 fit on the s4?

Having lost my £100 x5's somehow (theyre now £175 grrr) ive been forced to look at the s4's as a possible replacement. theres no way i can go back to my low end sonys after the sweet highs.

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can ask me.
biggrin.gif

Ha ha, thanks! So do the Sony hybrid tips help out the SQ of the Image X10's??

I appreciate it...

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 34
I tell you it made a world of difference, it went from muddy to clear.
eek.gif
The Treble and Bass are there now and they sounds so crisp. The separation is breathless. These are very precise. I'm actually using the Sony Hybrid knockoffs from ebay and they work great! I bet they will sound sweet with your Cowon. They sound good from bibrate 192-320 ripped. Even better with Flac, for $141.00 shipped these are a great deal.

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tell you it made a world of difference, it went from muddy to clear.
eek.gif
The Treble and Bass are there now and they sounds so crisp. The separation is breathless. These are very precise. I'm actually using the Sony Hybrid knockoffs from ebay and they work great! I bet they will sound sweet with your Cowon. They sound good from bibrate 192-320 ripped. Even better with Flac, for $141.00 shipped these are a great deal.

Well my S4's are going across the pond on loan for a demo to soozieq, along with my RSA The Shadow amp... But yeah, they sounded awesome with the Cowon S9, amp, and Hybrid tips. The detail really opens up, and is so smooth yet distinct. They take amping wonderfully, and scale up even more beyond their price point. Amazing really.

Makes me sort of wish I still had the X10's, so I could try the hybrids on them, and listen to them again with these new amps I have to play around with.

Nov 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #24 of 34
I'm wondering the same thing, where did you (legally
tongue.gif
) get them for that price?

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #25 of 34
First time posting on Headfi!
I own both the S4 and the Image x10. Not sure that they were x10's for sure. The packaging on them just said Image. The salesman I talked to at Klipsch said there were no differences whatsoever.
In my experience, I actually prefer my S4's straight out of my DAP. I mainly use the Sony S639 and the S4's sound GREAT! Far better than my images at the same volume. Strangely enough however, when I plug both of these headphones into my Harman Kardon receiver, the Images blow the S4's out of the water. The S4's sound very flat and boring. The Images really shine out of a full size receiver with DH.
By the way, I bought my Images brand new factory sealed for 129. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the store name. Perhaps someone could let me know if that's allowable here.

Thanks.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #26 of 34
Yep Ultimate Electronics. That's where I got my X10.

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 34
Yep. me too. And I have to say, even if I don't listen to them as much as I listen to my S4's...that price was WAY too good to give up. I wonder are they just discontinuing Klipsch headphones completely or gearing up for a new line? Anyway, pricing is great right now...

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE
Please checkout this discussion Help! Which is more detailed w/ good bass: Klipsch Image x10 or Image X5 or Other

I recently sold my Shure SE530's, and I was looking for a budget earphone for jogging. I was going insane listening back to the iPhone earbuds. So yesterday, I picked up the Klipsch S4i at my local Apple store. All I can say, this is the best $100 I have ever spent on a pair of earphones. Many will think I'm insane, but I honestly enjoy them a hell of a lot more than when I had the SE530. I decided to go the cheaper route, because I mainly use IEMs for jogging.

If these sound this good, then I can only imagine how good the x10 sounds. So can someone that has heard both please comment? I'm worried the x10 may have too much bass that will muddy up the other sounds. Is this true? I don't mind a little more boomy bass, as long as it doesn't distort everything else. Also, what I like about the s4i, is the fit! They fit snuggly in my ear when I jog with them. They don't fall out, and I don't have to constantly keep pushing them back in. With the Shure SE530's, it was a royal pain in the a** to put them in my ears. And I always had to wrap the cable around my ears twice.

My concerns with x10: is the bass overpowering? other than bass, what else does the x10 offer that is superior to the s4 / s4i? Sound stage? How does the treble/mids/highs compare to the s4? Will the x10 fit the same as the S4?

I might be able to get a good deal on the x10. I need your responses ASAP, because I have 14 days to return the S4.

hi, so do the s4 really beat out the se530 in sound quality and how about bass and punch????

i cant deceide wheather to try the shure se530 pth i am mainly wanting to try another pair of iem's with an inline mic option for use with the iphone

i am very skeptical that the s4 would sound better than the se530

thanks

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, so do the s4 really beat out the se530 in sound quality and how about bass and punch????

i cant deceide wheather to try the shure se530 pth i am mainly wanting to try another pair of iem's with an inline mic option for use with the iphone

i am very skeptical that the s4 would sound better than the se530

thanks

I owned the SE530's for about 4 years. They were actually the most uncomfortable IEM I have ever owned. Perhaps my ear canals are too shallow. I just had to shove them so far into my ear that it hurt after 30 minutes. Unbearable pain actually. Other than the comfort issues, I think the bass was my biggest disappointment with my Shures. People think I'm crazy for this but I truly believe the bass in the Shure's is very weak. It is present and it's very controlled. The mids and clarity of the SE530 was so great that it made me keep them for as long as I did.

I also own the S4's and I no longer own the Shure's. There is no question that the bass in the S4's booms much bigger than the Shures. You are going to give up soundstage and clarity and tremendous mids. But I have to give it up to the S4. For 79 dollars I think you are getting one of the best bang for buck IEM's on the market. And there is NO WAY the SE530 was worth almost 400 dollars more.

I have my S4 paired with my Walkman S639 and they are absolutely great! I had bought the x10 at the original price about a month after getting my S4's. I also decided that they were not 280 dollars better. When Ultimate Electronics sold the x10 for 129, I did rebuy them. but I still listen to my S4's more. The x10 is more comfortable.

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 34
I purchased an I-Phone two weeks ago so the hunt has on for the best earbuds with a mic. I tried alot of buds and took them back if i didn't like them. I tried the $149 Bose, $129 Shures, All the Skullcandy's, Sony's and i heard the klipsch s4 and it kicked all those headphones ass'es. so I ordered a pair of Klipsch s4i's offl the internet cause i couldnt find them in my town. I have a pair off the Dre tour beats which are better but IMO not double the price with talk control better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back