Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #241 of 355
hey guys i really wanna get the klipsch x10s, but they look like they will stick out from your ear and look really weird!! i think i have average sized ears... i use the medium tips for klipsch s4is, so will these stick out like sideways for me? Also are the highs for these things much better than the s4s? I have the s4s and i cant stand how sibilant they are!! thanks!

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #242 of 355
They don't really stick out from the ear because they are actually smaller than they look and fit quite snugly far into the ear. I can't comment on sound quality because I'm not very good at listening for these things unfortunately ( I can't even tell a $40 earphones from $200 if you don't count the static at loud volumes)

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #243 of 355
Quote:
hey guys i really wanna get the klipsch x10s, but they look like they will stick out from your ear and look really weird!! i think i have average sized ears... i use the medium tips for klipsch s4is, so will these stick out like sideways for me? Also are the highs for these things much better than the s4s? I have the s4s and i cant stand how sibilant they are!! thanks!

They do not stick out too much, also since the head isn't as bulky as the S4i's which I also own, the X10s are more discrete. In terms of audio the X10s sound warmer than the S4i's - I havent noticed the treble being sibilant and my ears are very sensitive to sibilance.

I dont know if you have demo'ed some of Denon's headphones but the S4i to X10 jump in audio quality and enjoyment is similar to the D2000 to the D7000 IMO.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #244 of 355
Quote:
Both lack detail. They're very, very muddy. Smooth sound is one thing. Jazz is smooth. Certain genres are "smooth". This is just muffled.
I'm spoiled by full size headphones hooked up to AMPs and DACs, I know, but I am still disappointed that these sound so average considering the MSRP, let alone the $85. I'm considering returning them since I'd use them for jogging, working out, etc, and they look really fragile for that, despite how comfortable they are. I wonder if Amazon will give you a full refund for opened items? (minus the restocking fee, of course)

They're not super clear but the vocal detail is pretty good and definitely not comparable to budget IEMs. The bass isn't punchy enough for my tastes and was occasionally overwhelming from previous listens. However, other people feel the X10's have pretty good bass including joker. I think the X10 would be horrible for MSRP but they're pretty nice for 85 or 95$.

Edit: Tried the X10s with larger tips like a poster suggested. The bass sounds clearer with the large tips vs the medium tips/hybrids, perhaps because of shallower insertion? 

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #247 of 355
Agreed, these improve immensely with shallow insertion. Its counterintuitive as I automatically headed for the double flanges, but there's a definite difference in clarity.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #249 of 355
I bought these on black friday from amazon as well and I have to say they are by far the best IEM I have owned for fit and comfort.  They fit my ear effortlessly and do not give me that fatigue feeling of having IEM on for most of the day.  I run these off my creek audio amp at work and compared to monster turbines or my shures are more enjoyable to my ears.  Overall I'm happy to only have spent $85 for these guys.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #251 of 355
Alright, I highly advice that you heatshrink the top strain reliefs. Do a little trial and error, because if you make it too long you'll stretch out the heat shrink, and it WILL not shrink. May have slightly scalded the finish on one side of my phones :/ (using a lighter, which btw works far better than a hairdryer). Makes them feel MUCH more sturdy

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #253 of 355
Alright, I highly advice that you heatshrink the top strain reliefs. Do a little trial and error, because if you make it too long you'll stretch out the heat shrink, and it WILL not shrink. May have slightly scalded the finish on one side of my phones :/ (using a lighter, which btw works far better than a hairdryer). Makes them feel MUCH more sturdy
How about mighty tapel as seen on tv, you don't like it just unpeel.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #254 of 355
Quote:
How about mighty tapel as seen on tv, you don't like it just unpeel.

beauty of the heat shrink is it leaves no residue.. black electrical tape would.. but I guess it would be a easier option - I also purchased the heat shrink, though I haven't had a chance to try the install. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #255 of 355

:beerchug:

If you guy's are going to use a lighter, keep it sweeping back and forth quickly, so the flame cannot focus any heat. Keep it moving back and forth waving underneath, the heat will distribute evenly with lesser chance of burning or scalding. Also rotate the earpiece at the same time. Get a multi hand thing going on.

For those with soldering irons you can also use the thicker end on heat shrink (not the tip!) the thickest end up towards the handle, works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back