Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Nov 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #61 of 355
They are really nice, there is no reason why you should hate them for that price, or even think about selling or returning them. I mean $349 is expensive for any kind of headphones, PERIOD.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #62 of 355

Quote:
They are very small actually.  But they are nothing at all like the Image One or the S4.  They are much more neutral than either.  Very nicely detailed!  I preferred mine with the Sony round tips.  The ovals are comfortable, but I got a better fit with the Sony's.  If you like neutral IEM's In think you'll be very happy with these. 

These are not neutral....and the vocals make me want to punch myself.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #67 of 355
any impressions?

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #69 of 355
I saw that Amazon review and it made it impossible not to buy the X10's when they were on sale the other day.  Looking forward to the daily ridicule.

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #70 of 355

Quote:
any impressions?

I've only listened to mine for about 30 minutes, but I find them very enjoyable so far. Their sound signature is similar to the S4s (warm), but noticeably better. They are definitely not neutral. They have a lot of bass, but it is much more controlled and well-defined than the S4s. They sound laid-back and smooth, but they still maintain a good amount of midrange detail. The thing that surprised me the most was its soundstage. It's quite spacious (even compared to my IE7s).

This probably goes without saying, but they are insanely comfortable and even smaller than I imagined. I also love the little carrying pouch them came with.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #71 of 355
My first impression is that it definitely fits the Klipsch house sound.
I'm disappointed by how much less bass there is than my Image S4s, but the sound is much clearer.
I knew there would be less bass, but I didn't think it would be this much less. I listen to drum'n'bass so sub-bass (<60Hz) quality is one of the most important things I look for in a headphone. However...high quality can't be achieved without sufficient quantity.
Fit is better and isolation is better than the S4 by far, and better than my friend's Ety HF5s too, I think. I'm using the small double flange tips.

Not sure if I want to keep these atm, to be honest.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #72 of 355
I see what you may need.

Look for the IE8 or Coppers.

I'm in favor of the IE8, and would love to find away around their comfort issue.

Quote:
I'm disappointed by how much less bass there is than my Image S4s, but the sound is much clearer.
I knew there would be less bass, but I didn't think it would be this much less. I listen to drum'n'bass so sub-bass (<60Hz) quality is one of the most important things I look for in a headphone. However...high quality can't be achieved without sufficient quantity.
Fit is better and isolation is better than the S4 by far, and better than my friend's Ety HF5s too, I think. I'm using the small double flange tips.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #73 of 355

Quote:

It seems like the reviews for the x10 are extremely mixed. I currently own the S4 and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music too (DnB, Dubstep), but I also listen to lots of trance. I ordered the x10 and what I'm hoping for is the following: S4's signature with less bass presence(S4 obviously have too much bass), but with tighter/more detailed bass. I also hope the mids/highs will be more detailed and especially the highs, which I dislike on the S4. 

Your comments of the x10's bass has me a little bit worried it won't be present enough but it's quite weird since a lot of persons claim that the bass is very present with the x10.

I'd really appreciate if you (or someone else) could do a more in-depth comparaison between the S4 and the x10. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #74 of 355

Quote:

It seems like the reviews for the x10 are extremely mixed. I currently own the S4 and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music too (DnB, Dubstep), but I also listen to lots of trance. I ordered the x10 and what I'm hoping for is the following: S4's signature with less bass presence(S4 obviously have too much bass), but with tighter/more detailed bass. I also hope the mids/highs will be more detailed and especially the highs, which I dislike on the S4. 

Your comments of the x10's bass has me a little bit worried it won't be present enough but it's quite weird since a lot of persons claim that the bass is very present with the x10.

I'd really appreciate if you (or someone else) could do a more in-depth comparaison between the S4 and the x10. 

The highs and mids (especially highs) are very detailed and clear, and I think they're great. snare drums and cymbals are so sharp.
I didn't think the S4s had too much bass except on specific songs.
The bass in the X10s is probably tighter/more detailed, but, in my opinion, the problem is that the quantity is so low that you can't tell that it's tighter/more detailed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back