Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Nov 30, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #92 of 355
X10 sounds so much like Klipsch Image ONE with lesser bass. Some might still call it muddy because the amount of bass. If I didn't know, I'd think it has dynamic drivers.
So many people re-sell back at Amazon for $140. Still a good buy in my book.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #93 of 355

Quote:
X10 sounds so much like Klipsch Image ONE with lesser bass. Some might still call it muddy because the amount of bass. If I didn't know, I'd think it has dynamic drivers.
So many people re-sell back at Amazon for $140. Still a good buy in my book.

good, i like dynamic drivers better.....lol, i know, I'm weird...

mine should be coming soon...

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #95 of 355
I ordered these a few days ago and I should get then sometime next week and I was excited but after reading some of the comments on this thread I'm now officially worried
blink.gif
Right now my IEM collection consists of the Sony MDR EX600 the UE 600 and 700 the Klipish S4 and the very recently acquired Monster Turbine Coppers. The S4 has tons of bass but it seems rather uncontrolled at times and the highs could use some cleaning up in my opinion. My favorite IEM at the moment is the MDR EX600 and I especially love it's lean fast detailed sound. I know Klipish is known for having a warm house sound but I thought the X10 although warm still had quite a bit of detail clarity and a somewhat nice sparkle up in the highs. I like what I've read concerning the bass being controlled and well extended but I'm very concerned about the vocals sounding muffled. Has anyone else found the vocals flawed?

P.S.
I recently bought the Coppers on sale for 150 after taxes at a Canadian retailer and after giving them some listening time I can honestly say they're not worth their street price. For the price I bought them they're worth it but for 250 or 300 bones they're a blatant ripoff. Just food for thought before you choose to spend your hard earned money on Coppers. My advice is if you must have them be patient and wait for a sale you'll be glad you did once you've had them in your ears.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #96 of 355

Quote:
I ordered these a few days ago and I should get then sometime next week and I was excited but after reading some of the comments on this thread I'm now officially worried
blink.gif
Right now my IEM collection consists of the Sony MDR EX600 the UE 600 and 700 the Klipish S4 and the very recently acquired Monster Turbine Coppers. The S4 has tons of bass but it seems rather uncontrolled at times and the highs could use some cleaning up in my opinion. My favorite IEM at the moment is the MDR EX600 and I especially love it's lean fast detailed sound. I know Klipish is known for having a warm house sound but I thought the X10 although warm still had quite a bit of detail clarity and a somewhat nice sparkle up in the highs. I like what I've read concerning the bass being controlled and well extended but I'm very concerned about the vocals sounding muffled. Has anyone else found the vocals flawed?

P.S.
I recently bought the Coppers on sale for 150 after taxes at a Canadian retailer and after giving them some listening time I can honestly say they're not worth their street price. For the price I bought them they're worth it but for 250 or 300 bones they're a blatant ripoff. Just food for thought before you choose to spend your hard earned money on Coppers. My advice is if you must have them be patient and wait for a sale you'll be glad you did once you've had them in your ears.

how do they compare to your EX600s?? the Coppers

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #97 of 355

Quote:
how do they compare to your EX600s?? the Coppers

Two completely different animals. The Sony MDR EX 600 is a leaner meaner sound with far brighter highs while the Coppers is a warmer bassier sound with very polite highs. Guitars in the Coppers midrange sounds thicker which isn't necessarily a bad thing while the guitars in the EX600 is clearer and it's vocals sound more natural then the Coppers. The Coppers aren't a bad IEM per say I'm just saying that if I had bought them for 300 bones I would return them because I expected more from an IEM that's priced at 300 and up. I plan on getting the MDR EX1000 next summer and it'll be interesting pitting Sony's flagship against Monsters Flagship IEM. Right now I'm thinking the MDR EX 1000 would probably win out since the Sony mid tier MDR EX 600 is able to keep up with the Coppers. The Coppers really excel over the EX 600 in Electronica especially Trance but I prefer the EX 600's with metal rock and jazz. The only exception to the rule would be some metalcore, the Coppers with it's better percussion can excel past the EX600s with heavily drum driven music. The Coppers are aggressive enough for metal and rock but lack the treble extension required for that kind of genre and me being more of a treble head then a bass head that's an important requirement for me. That being said their thicker sound can be a good thing because they seem quite forgiving with badly recorded music while the MDR EX 600 makes you painfully aware that you're listening to badly mastered music. The Coppers shine in taming sibilant music while the MDR EX600 can be quite sibilant. Like I said before the MDR EX 600 will make you painfully aware that you're listening to badly recorded music. The Coppers has stronger bass and if you're OK with over emphasized bass in your rock and Jazz then they'll work for you but for me I'm not OK with that I'll take the EX 600's bass for rock any day. It's not as powerful and doesn't have better bass extension as the Coppers but it's quite tight and well defined. These are just my impressions of coarse other peoples mileage may vary

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #98 of 355
I'm a big fan of their sound, well-developed overall and not excessive bass in my opinion. The great fit and super light weight are what really seal the deal for me, which really makes them easy to enjoy.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #99 of 355
I took advantage of the Amazon deal and picked these up.  Received them a couple of days ago and am really enjoying them.  I love the fit, size (very small in the ear), and sound.  I don't know that they do anything one thing outstanding, but they have a very lively presentation.  Truly a steal at the sub-$100 pricetag.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #100 of 355
Hi guys,

It's probably wrong of me to post this here, but just in case you missed out on the Amazon deal, I have a set of X10's in the FS section right now. I'm just selling them at cost + shipping and paypal fees. 

I actually have 2 sets, one is brand new, and one was used for literally half a song (1-2 min), and I felt that the sound signature wasn't for me. The used set's outter box wont be included (but the inner box, carrying case, etc etc will be), as I had an epic fail moment and pretty much destroyed the box when opening it. lol. I'm selling both at the same price, so the first person to contact me will get the new set. The used set is still practically brand new, and I'd really like to just recoup my losses on it. =/

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #101 of 355

Quote:
Hi guys,

It's probably wrong of me to post this here, but just in case you missed out on the Amazon deal, I have a set of X10's in the FS section right now. I'm just selling them at cost + shipping and paypal fees. 

I actually have 2 sets, one is brand new, and one was used for literally half a song (1-2 min), and I felt that the sound signature wasn't for me. The used set's outter box wont be included (but the inner box, carrying case, etc etc will be), as I had an epic fail moment and pretty much destroyed the box when opening it. lol. I'm selling both at the same price, so the first person to contact me will get the new set. The used set is still practically brand new, and I'd really like to just recoup my losses on it. =/

Add it in your sig, that way people can see what you have for sale on your posts.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #103 of 355
Go to your profile page, then near the bottom of the page you can "edit signature text". There you should see a drop down bar where you can "show stuff in your signature" for a maximum of 3 spaces. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #104 of 355

Quote:
Hi guys,

sorry totally misread this post, I thought you were selling the triplefi10s just wishful thinking I suppose. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back