Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
Nov 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #46 of 355
The TF10 will make you hate the way they feel in and around your ear.

The fit is very annoying and just will make you wish you had spent your money somewhere else.

I mean after all, if you want to listen to music for a long time, without experiencing ear fatigue, and having to think about why your ears are all of the sudden tired and in pain, then go in a different route than the TF10.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #47 of 355
This is true. I don't feel pain or fatigue, but I just hate the overall bulk of the shell.

I prefer to wear something more comfortable and minimal like the UE700, so I'm super excited about the X10 since they should be better than UE700.

Quote:
The TF10 will make you hate the way they feel in and around your ear.

The fit is very annoying and just will make you wish you had spent your money somewhere else.

I mean after all, if you want to listen to music for a long time, without experiencing ear fatigue, and having to think about why your ears are all of the sudden tired and in pain, then go in a different route than the TF10.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #48 of 355
Absolutely. I mean the headphones look great, which can attract any buyer to them, but truly, comfort in an issue with them. Are they worth $399 as retail? No. Are they worth about $200 from amazon? No. $100? It's a steal. But is there any way you can work around the comfort issue? No, unless you push yourself everyday to deal with it and try to forget about the pain, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Quote:
This is true. I don't feel pain or fatigue, but I just hate the overall bulk of the shell.

I prefer to wear something more comfortable and minimal like the UE700, so I'm super excited about the X10 since they should be better than UE700.

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #49 of 355

Quote:
i actually can't wait for my X10s to arrive.

super small,  very comfortable, isolating with a warm relaxing sound, they are perfect for flights.

i was worried about going on a 14 hour flight with my GR07s cause they aren't the most comfortable and isolating iems.

Yep totally mate, don't bring GR07 flying with you, I tried that once and regretted it, it does not block at all.

I use my B2 for flying at all time because that is my best isolating IEM's at the moment

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #51 of 355

Quote:
Absolutely. I mean the headphones look great, which can attract any buyer to them, but truly, comfort in an issue with them. Are they worth $399 as retail? No. Are they worth about $200 from amazon? No. $100? It's a steal. But is there any way you can work around the comfort issue? No, unless you push yourself everyday to deal with it and try to forget about the pain, but we all know that's not going to happen.

You think the TF10 is the worst triple BA IEM out there "not worth 200$"? And personally I have no comfort issues with hybrids/flip mod.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #53 of 355

Quote:

that's right , no burn in. klipsch used to offer, free three sets of tip in your choice of style; either single flange or double flange in your preference of size. the tips are very comfortable being oval shaped. the only real complaint about the x series is splitting cable reliefs. easily fixed with a ultra small dot of superglue where the cable enters the relief. hopefully in the later iterations this is fixed. if not still under warranty the glue really does the job. they also come with a hard case, very nice magnetic closure. the picture doesn't do justice to how small these really are. if you like dynamic drivers your really going to like these!

Quote:
so i should put some superglue when its new to prevent it breaking??

or when its breaks....

Quote:
You don't really compare the X10 to the S4. I have used the S4 for a long time, and have tried the X10 a long time ago, the X10 wins hands down.

The TF10s are very uncomfortable and sound VERY similar to the Zune Premium V2 headphones, that is why I don't even bother with TF10.

X10 is a whole new experience in comfort, and crystal clear sound that wont make your ear fatigue after awhile. You can listen to these babies forever and not get tired. They are very well balanced as well.

Just please don't bash the X10 just because you missed out on the deal, okie?
bigsmile_face.gif

The X10 and S4 are in a different league.  Even the comfort between the two.  The S4 has the more "ergonomical" fit and X5's and X10's are the most comfortable universal iem's available.  I can't wait for my $94 X10's to show up.  I just sold my X5's to help fund the purchase.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #54 of 355
I jumped on this deal even though I have X10's that are working just fine (3 years old).  I couldn't pass up $94 for these.

Also, I have UE SuperFi 5's and think they sound great, but the comfort factor deters me every time.  From what it looks like, the TF10's look similar so figure I wouldn't use them much.  The X10's on the other hand are so comfortable (and sound great IMO) that I had to jump on the second set.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #55 of 355

Quote:
Mine also coming this week.

Anyone know how they sound with a comparison to a FXT90, GR07, or Tandem?

Having owned the GR07's prior to purchasing the X10's, I find their sound signature to be very similar, actually.  I was surprised.  The GR07 has a bit more sub-bass than the X10 -- to my ears, at least -- but I actually preferred the mids on the X10's.  Also, whereas the GR07's regularly exhibited sibilance issues for me, the X10's are only sibilant on recordings that are truly sibilant, if that makes sense.

Anyhow.... I *really* loved the GR07's and I wouldn't have given them up if the X10's hadn't featured such a similar sound sig.  When it came down to it, though, I enjoy the X10's sound just as much, and definitely prefer the isolation and fit of them.  Great IEMs.  Overpriced (normally), but great.  $94 is an absolute freakin' steal.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #56 of 355
Even I jumped on it, and I do not like IEMs lol ....

I do not know what to expect, I hope I am pleased. But it will be interesting to see if they are worth the retail price they normally sell at.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #57 of 355

Quote:

Having owned the GR07's prior to purchasing the X10's, I find their sound signature to be very similar, actually.  I was surprised.  The GR07 has a bit more sub-bass than the X10 -- to my ears, at least -- but I actually preferred the mids on the X10's.  Also, whereas the GR07's regularly exhibited sibilance issues for me, the X10's are only sibilant on recordings that are truly sibilant, if that makes sense.

Anyhow.... I *really* loved the GR07's and I wouldn't have given them up if the X10's hadn't featured such a similar sound sig.  When it came down to it, though, I enjoy the X10's sound just as much, and definitely prefer the isolation and fit of them.  Great IEMs.  Overpriced (normally), but great.  $94 is an absolute freakin' steal.

Looking forward to the X10.  Thanks!

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #58 of 355
a question for people who got them.

mine is coming soon (i also got them for 95), do you think the awesome form factor makes up for the slightly overpriceness?? (is 'overpricelness' even a word?? lol)

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #59 of 355

They are very small actually.  But they are nothing at all like the Image One or the S4.  They are much more neutral than either.  Very nicely detailed!  I preferred mine with the Sony round tips.  The ovals are comfortable, but I got a better fit with the Sony's.  If you like neutral IEM's In think you'll be very happy with these. 
Quote:
I picked up a pair. These weren't even on my radar so I have no idea what to expect. They look tiny. I've tried the Image One and owned the S4, but didn't like them.

Nov 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #60 of 355

Quote:
a question for people who got them.

mine is coming soon (i also got them for 95), do you think the awesome form factor makes up for the slightly overpriceness?? (is 'overpricelness' even a word?? lol)

In general, I think that the X10 has received a bad rap (or little-to-no-attention) on Head-Fi primarily due to the price.  Are they $350 IEMs?  No way.  $250?  Probably not.  I would say these compete very well in the $150 - $200 space -- especially when you consider the competition, such as the Ety HF5, Ety ER4, and so on.  They have the isolation and "fit" of the Ety phones, but with a lot more "fun", in my opinion.  If Klipsch just finally brought the price down out of the stratosphere, they'd sell a bundle of these. 

For the record: any sound sig comparisons between the X10's and S4's are utterly ridiculous.  The S4's are a bloated, sibilant mess.  The X10's sound great and deserve to be appreciated amongst the nice-IEM crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back