Klipsch Image X10 Appreciation Thread
Dec 15, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #106 of 163
Thanks for replying, guys.

I guess I'll have to think it over before buying them... Many people have had issues related to their fragility and that's really something to be worried about, since they are not that cheap (at least, not for me).

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #107 of 163
Lets revive an old thread considering the sale for the X10s on amazon. I just received it today (Funny huh? I wanted them bad). They had these for sale along side of the TF10s. I have 4 pairs of TF10s so I thought "Why not? Lets try a pair of X10s." Unboxing these bad boys, THEY ARE SMALL. The wire looks fragile and the channels are nearly as thin as the wire. I was really surprised by these things at first appearance. So my hopes weren't too high.

When I first put these in, I had a hard time fitting them. But once I got the dual flange in it was comfortable. Actually couldn't feel them. After I fit them properly, Just for evaluation purposes I used my Ipod -> LOD -> RSA Predator.

First few hours 2-3 hours: So I turned on some Five Finger Death Punch (A hard metal band) and man were these bright. Highs were sparklin'! Bass was decent and didn't fully stand out, however, mids were forward. Vocals were beast on these things (especially screamo). The brightness completely killed the feeling though. Fairly neutral till you hit the higher end of the frequency spec. It may have been my setup that made it bright but this setup is mainly for my TF10x8 and isn't supposed to make it brighter and instead bring the bass out. SO I'm not exactly sure.

Second few hours 7-8 hours: So I turned on some Mozart and this is where it shined. Although not as bright as I first heard, the clarity of these bad boys were on point. I enjoyed these very much. The vocals in opera stood out. Everyone says that these are bass heavy, but I think of these as bass balanced. It isn't too much neither too little. It is kind of a middle ground between the SE535s and TF10s.

Third few hours 11-13 hours: Now I turned on the Eagles. Vocals (as expected) still was forward, and brightness died down a little. I think the "burn-in" worked in (or my ears adjusted). What ever it may be the highs dulled down a little. Which isn't a bad thing. However, the forward vocals distract me from a lot of what is going on the sound stage (most of which I appreciate during a song such as Witchy Woman) So would I use these? Not on a daily basis as these aren't really my type of sound signature, but these are decent to listen to. I will have to come back later and give an update when I have listened to them longer.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #109 of 163

Quote:
Lets revive an old thread considering the sale for the X10s on amazon. I just received it today (Funny huh? I wanted them bad). They had these for sale along side of the TF10s. I have 4 pairs of TF10s so I thought "Why not? Lets try a pair of X10s." Unboxing these bad boys, THEY ARE SMALL. The wire looks fragile and the channels are nearly as thin as the wire. I was really surprised by these things at first appearance. So my hopes weren't too high.

When I first put these in, I had a hard time fitting them. But once I got the dual flange in it was comfortable. Actually couldn't feel them. After I fit them properly, Just for evaluation purposes I used my Ipod -> LOD -> RSA Predator.

First few hours 2-3 hours: So I turned on some Five Finger Death Punch (A hard metal band) and man were these bright. Highs were sparklin'! Bass was decent and didn't fully stand out, however, mids were forward. Vocals were beast on these things (especially screamo). The brightness completely killed the feeling though. Fairly neutral till you hit the higher end of the frequency spec. It may have been my setup that made it bright but this setup is mainly for my TF10x8 and isn't supposed to make it brighter and instead bring the bass out. SO I'm not exactly sure.

Second few hours 7-8 hours: So I turned on some Mozart and this is where it shined. Although not as bright as I first heard, the clarity of these bad boys were on point. I enjoyed these very much. The vocals in opera stood out. Everyone says that these are bass heavy, but I think of these as bass balanced. It isn't too much neither too little. It is kind of a middle ground between the SE535s and TF10s.

Third few hours 11-13 hours: Now I turned on the Eagles. Vocals (as expected) still was forward, and brightness died down a little. I think the "burn-in" worked in (or my ears adjusted). What ever it may be the highs dulled down a little. Which isn't a bad thing. However, the forward vocals distract me from a lot of what is going on the sound stage (most of which I appreciate during a song such as Witchy Woman) So would I use these? Not on a daily basis as these aren't really my type of sound signature, but these are decent to listen to. I will have to come back later and give an update when I have listened to them longer.

its amazing how drastically opinions differ. I find that these are quite the opposite of bright and CERTAINLY not brighter than the triple.fi's. did you mean to that they weren't bright?

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #110 of 163

Quote:
its amazing how drastically opinions differ. I find that these are quite the opposite of bright and CERTAINLY not brighter than the triple.fi's. did you mean to that they weren't bright?

Hmm, I didn't find them brighter either but maybe we have different definitions. I will say the TF10 is more fuller and way more glorious sounding but that's just me. The Klipsch are awesome and I really wish I could keep both. I will say the Klipsch are extremely comfortable its not even funny. They're so light and you can barely feel them. But the sound, I gotta give it to the TF10. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #111 of 163

Ship Carrier: UPS
Tracking ID: *******************
Latest Event: MISSISSAUGA ON
Arrival Scan - November 29, 2011 6:10:00 AM

Omg omg, can't wait!

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #113 of 163
Can't wait for my Black Friday pair to show up.

For those of you that have them: do they work well with an iPhone? Or is an amplifier necessary? I could really just afford something like the Fiio E6 at this point, or maybe the E11.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #114 of 163

Quote:
Can't wait for my Black Friday pair to show up.

For those of you that have them: do they work well with an iPhone? Or is an amplifier necessary? I could really just afford something like the Fiio E6 at this point, or maybe the E11.

I use mine out of an iPod Classic and it gets plenty loud at 50% volume. I haven't felt the need to hook it to the E11 yet (which is at home), so I'm not sure how it compares. The X10 is very easily driven though. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #115 of 163
Ok just got them out of the mail... Holy Molly all this bassss out of something so small omg omg

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #117 of 163

Quote:
Ok just got them out of the mail... Holy Molly all this bassss out of something so small omg omg

ive ordered a pair myself (since it was cheap) and would love to hear your comment on the X10's bass, since I listen to alot of electronica stuffs. how's the bass? what music are you listening to? and how is it compared to other headphones you own?
thanks in advance KD

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #118 of 163
I listen to a lot of ASOT etc... Bass is VERY GOOD, I use a Cowon J3 and I had to tone down the EQ, surprising thing was even at high bass there was no distortion.

I did not like any of the tips that came with the X10, so I used some hybrid Sony tips and the seal in my ear was the best I have had yet.

As for the sound, I would agree with the above, I don't find them very bright and that sparkle or get that impressive sound stage experience, compared my other headphones.

Maybe they will open up, they are extremely light and you hardly feel them in your ear. 

Do I think they are worth $400, no way lol, I think you are paying the the size, how small they are and the R&D that goes into them. 

That said I am willing to give them time to open up, but so far yet to get the wow feeling from them.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #119 of 163

Quote:

Eventually the brightness died down. At first they were pretty bright, but as I got used to the seal, they started becoming more neutral than expected. And my TF10x8 is my reshelled TF10s with 8 drivers. 2 super high 2 high 2 mid and the 2 triple fi 10 lows. The clarity of the TF10x8 through the high regions are phenomenal. The lows on the X10s to me are nice and pretty defined. The highs and treble still shine but aren't over expressed as they sounded when I first tried them on. Gain was on low so they don't require a lot of power to perform. Mids are oooookay as I analyze it a little more. They are nice for the $100 dollars I spent for them. Size for the amount of sound they push out. Would I prefer them? Not really. Microphonics are crazy and a little overwhelming at times for the size. Lows are defined and well emphasized, mids are underexpressed, and the highs sparkle a little. But it isn't my sound sig. I am more of a bass heavy, mid bass bleed, and highs sparkle.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #120 of 163
Any suggestions on EQing the X10 on a cowon J3? I'm not a fan of the somewhat overwhelming bass and laid back treble. I have the TF10 and prefer its bass/treble (I dont find the treble sparkly on the TF10 so the X10's treble is >__>). However TF10 broke so I'm using my X10 for now.

I have them at +2 mid highs/+3 highs ATM but was wondering if there was a better combo. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back