Klipsch Image X10 Appreciation Thread
May 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #124 of 163
One day with the Comply Whoomps and the bass is definitely better, thicker than with the stock silicones. Fit is even better and once the foam expands the isolation is fantastic. OMG. The detail is waaaaay improved.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #126 of 163
Quote:
I just ordered these through amazon for $90. Since so many people are mentioning how thin and fragile the cord is, what can I do to keep mine from breaking?

Mainly just take care of them. Keep them in the little box they come with when you arent using them, dont tug on the cord at all, take them out of your ears by pulling the actual IEM instead of pulling on the cord.

Side Note, I never knew there was an X10 appreciation thread.

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #128 of 163
I just got a pair of x10 from Amazon and I adore them... They sound wonderful with some custom tips I had made for a pair of Shure SE535 which I thought I wasted my money on. I can see a problem with the thin cable and the possibility of it breaking at the IEM connection, so what I have done to thicken that up a little and strengthen it is use a couple of coats of this :

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Liquid_Tape

use thin coats and apply 4-5 times. It works pretty well and does not look ugly.

Darren

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #129 of 163
Really enjoying my X10s today; I had switched to the DT770 for most of my music and gaming but I'm really appreciating the X10s smoothness and great bass today, I think they will be getting more ear time in the near future. I've always loved their bass: punchy but not overwhelming, emphasized but not tastelessly colored. Good mids too, and the highs might not be anything to write home about but they don't have any real problems either, very occasional sibilance but hardly intrusive.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #130 of 163
Just ordered some ts comply for mine.  Easy to put in and take out (handy at work!), don't sound too bad from an iriver 120.   If I get my fit issues sorted may end up getting a pair of tips done for these.

With amazon vouchers from christmas I got these (the x10's)for £70 inc p+p :)

Seems btg don't touch klipsch for the most part, shame.

Cheers

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #131 of 163
I'm a big fan of the X5s. After one was stolen and another died, I had to go to the X10 series.

I have both the X10 and X10i. Big price difference. The only difference in features is the volume slider on the X10i. You'll appreciate the slider when using an iPod.

I still prefer the SQ of the X5s. The X5s also are a bit larger and they fit my ears even better than the smaller 10 series. The 5s also seem slightly less fragile, although it's hard to tell for sure.

I wish Klipsch would bring back the X5s, which were cheaper and every bit as good, IMO. Perhaps they were too much competition for their more-expensive stablemate.

That said, I'm thankful that Klipsch continues to produce an X series. After my 5s went missing, I spent too much $$ trying out other brands without success. I even tried to use Klipsch's oval tips with the other brands. No deal. 

Are the X10 series worth the full list price? Only if you have cash to burn. I've yet to come across any earphones that are worth that much to me.

On sale, that's different. I wish i could afford to stack up a bunch in my closet.

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #132 of 163
Well it looks like the 10's are discontinued at least according to the klipsch site.  Maybe the prices will drop further.  For a no fuss, shove in ear at work pair of iems these are great.  Only downside is the cord.

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #133 of 163
Quote:
Well it looks like the 10's are discontinued at least according to the klipsch site.  Maybe the prices will drop further.  For a no fuss, shove in ear at work pair of iems these are great.  Only downside is the cord.

The reason the normal X10s are so cheap on Amazon is exactly this, they were discontinued. The X10i are still made and sold by Klipsch, thus why the X10s are $90 and the X10i are $250 on Amazon.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #134 of 163
The X10's were what I bought to replace my old pair of beat-up apple earbuds... wow. Going from that to something with actual bass and isolation was amazing. Glad to pick them up cheap on Amazon, too! Although I wondered if there was any difference between them and the X10i's are so much more expensive despite only having a volume button difference. Personally, I find the edge by the cord of the actual monitors kind of uncomfortable against my ear after wearing them for long periods. Anybody else have that problem? Or should I just put on some sort of silicon putty on the edge to soften that force.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #135 of 163
It is very interesting that since the X10 has been discontinued, Klipsch doesn't offer a flasgship IEM product. The X10i that Klipsch currently offers has a control and a microphone for use with Apple products. I doubt that folks looking for a mid-range IEM will purchase this product unless they use an iPod or iPhone as their music source. Klipsch either needs to bring back the X10 as the flagship product or develop a new/better product sans Apple remote and microphone. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back