Klipsch Image X10 Appreciation Thread
Apr 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #136 of 163
Personally I think the X10 is great sound-wise, it fits with the Klipsch house sound, but if they kept a similar sound and introduced a replaceable cable, I'd sell my old pair and jump on the RC version.
It is very interesting that since the X10 has been discontinued, Klipsch doesn't offer a flasgship IEM product. The X10i that Klipsch currently offers has a control and a microphone for use with Apple products. I doubt that folks looking for a mid-range IEM will purchase this product unless they use an iPod or iPhone as their music source. Klipsch either needs to bring back the X10 as the flagship product or develop a new/better product sans Apple remote and microphone. Thoughts?

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #137 of 163
I have owned this iem twice. This was probably my first big purchase in this hobby. Sold them, bought X......
Bought them again and sold again. I am tempted to go in there a 3rd time at a price of around £100.
Apart from being the easiest insertion and comfort I have had, they must have something, you know, that something you can't put your finger on. At the current price, a steal.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #138 of 163
Double post

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #139 of 163
Quote:
Personally I think the X10 is great sound-wise, it fits with the Klipsch house sound, but if they kept a similar sound and introduced a replaceable cable, I'd sell my old pair and jump on the RC version.

I completely agree. The two factor of sound quality and 100 percent perfect comfort cannot be beat. I can listen to these x10s for hours without discomfort and I forget that I even have them in. If they offered a new model with detachable cables, I would also purchase it, however, I doubt that it can be done while maintaining the same form factor and comfort level. It seems to me that Klipsch would sell more of the X10 than the X10i because not everyone has an iPhone or iPod especially with all of the Android phones that are out there. That is why I'm surprised that Klipsch discontinued the X10 and kept the X10i in their product line. As I said previously, klipsch doesn't have a high-end non-Apple flagship IEM product anymore so I am waiting to see what will replace the X10.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #140 of 163
My klipsch x10 has tons of sibilance when i use it with my denon1510 sacd player and with my iphone with lossless and cd quality! That's too bad compared to my ie80

May 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #141 of 163
I returned a pair of these. They sounded good - as long as I didn't move. As soon as a moved my head at all the cord noise because unbearable and (compared to my old Shure SCL3s with foam tips) the isolation was lacking.

It's too bad - they were comfortable and with such a tiny size they would have been great.

May 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #142 of 163
Quote:
I returned a pair of these. They sounded good - as long as I didn't move. As soon as a moved my head at all the cord noise because unbearable and (compared to my old Shure SCL3s with foam tips) the isolation was lacking.

It's too bad - they were comfortable and with such a tiny size they would have been great.

It may be a bit late to tell you, but there are quite a few ways to reduce that cord noise. You could look for a shirt clip, but if none work with the X10, you can run the cable through the inside of your clothes. Or if you carry a messenger bag around like I do, you could run the cable under the shoulder strap and let the strap hold it down while you're walking. Also, you could try routing the cable over your ear like how the new Shure IEMs are designed to be worn.

And you found the isolation lacking? I don't know what kind of places you listen to your music at, but the pre-installed single-flange tips already isolated enough for most places I go to (from libraries to trains). Then once I put on the double-flange tips, I can't even hear running cars or people talking right next to me.           

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #145 of 163
Just got my X10's today and have to say they are the most comfortable IEMs evuh haha. Not as detailed as my Westone 4r's but definitely detailed enough with punchy/clear bass. They are the bomb!
gs1000.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #146 of 163
Have owned a pair of X10s for a while. I must admit I am not a great fan of IEMs for a couple of reasons. First, my personal soundstage processing is not so hot, so any IEM sounds like all the sound is coming from the center of my skull. Second, I have small ear canals (but largish ears).

That said - I fly quite a bit and a good sealed IEM is unbeatable for isolation from jet noise.

The X10s isolate very well indeed with the standard plastic/silicone tips, but I did not find them particularly comfortable. Switching to the small size T100 Comply tips made them extremely comfortable, but isolation dropped slightly - the T100s are made of a low density easily compressible foam suitable for ear canal insertion.Seem to leak a little more when compared to the stock tips, but much much more comfortable.

I really only use these on planes.

That said - the sound is good and the fit is excellent when used with Comply T-100 tips.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #147 of 163
Using Sony hybrid tips allows X10 to be worn over-the-ear (therefore, increasing comfort and eliminates microphonic completely). If the stock tips are used , the X10 is only set for down-ear because the tips aint round and fits tightly to the nozzle. With sony tips, I can rotate the x10 wherever I want to because the tips are bigger for the nozzle.

To add, I think Klipsch X10 is just like my XBA-1; if volume is cranked up, it'll create sibilance. They sound polite and nice on lower volume ( my Itouch 4G has volume limit to 60% and I listen around 60% of that limited volume;therefore, I listen at around 36%-40% of the total volume)

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #148 of 163
Hi, I've recently have picked up a pair of x10's from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WAHFBK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1E8KR0YGH90CBAGJS3M7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846

Sold by BESTDEAL TECH and Fulfilled by Amazon.

I've been using them on my iPhone 4 first gen and there's no doubt about it they have great sound!
However, when I bring up the volume to max volume it seems the headphones are not able to handle to loudness. In short, when on the highest volume during some bass heavy rap songs there is bass crackling. I am currently using the R&B EQ built into the phone as bass booster just makes them crackle like crazy so I don't even go near that preset. Does anyone have the same issue as I am having? I've also read on another forum that I might have to burn them in. Is this true? I paid a decent amount of money for these and it would be a shame if these are only able to handle a certain volume limit.

Thanks!

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #149 of 163
  Hi, I've recently have picked up a pair of x10's from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WAHFBK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1E8KR0YGH90CBAGJS3M7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846

Sold by BESTDEAL TECH and Fulfilled by Amazon.

I've been using them on my iPhone 4 first gen and there's no doubt about it they have great sound!
However, when I bring up the volume to max volume it seems the headphones are not able to handle to loudness. In short, when on the highest volume during some bass heavy rap songs there is bass crackling. I am currently using the R&B EQ built into the phone as bass booster just makes them crackle like crazy so I don't even go near that preset. Does anyone have the same issue as I am having? I've also read on another forum that I might have to burn them in. Is this true? I paid a decent amount of money for these and it would be a shame if these are only able to handle a certain volume limit.

Thanks!

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but out all the iem I've used, the X10 just isn't very good for the price. They focus so much on the size of the earphone, it sacrifice the sound quality. As for as I remember, the X10 had a likeable sound signature and it's pretty good below 60% volume. Anything higher will distort it and it didn't help with an amp either. I also had issues with the cable joint, it started to tear up after 2 weeks.

For $150, I would go for for the new westone pro 10 if you want single BA earphones and that will last.

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #150 of 163

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but out all the iem I've used, the X10 just isn't very good for the price. They focus so much on the size of the earphone, it sacrifice the sound quality. As for as I remember, the X10 had a likeable sound signature and it's pretty good below 60% volume. Anything higher will distort it and it didn't help with an amp either. I also had issues with the cable joint, it started to tear up after 2 weeks.

For $150, I would go for for the new westone pro 10 if you want single BA earphones and that will last.

You broke it to him/her probably a year too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back