Klipsch Image X10 Appreciation Thread
Dec 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #151 of 163
haha! Hopefully he/she figured it out and went with a different earphone already. Happy new years lol

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #152 of 163
It seems sad to leave this thread on a downer like that. For the record, I'd just like to state that I still appreciate the X10 (or X11i as I guess it's now called, with its iPhone remote). For sure the X10 doesn't have the best-resolving treble out there, but it's good for the current price (~$100). The bass is phenomenal for a balanced armature device. Plus the comfort and ease of insertion/removal are outstanding.

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #153 of 163
I use the X10's every day for audiobooks because they're very comfortable and can be used for hours at a time and you'll hardly notice they're there. If you find them on sale at Amazon they make for a very nice single driver IEM. 

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #157 of 163
The X10 is supposed to sound the same as the X11. However, I've owned both and the X11 sounded way better in terms of treble extension to me. I can't explain that (unless perhaps my X10 was defective?).

I haven't heard the X12, but the X11 is awesome for the price you can find it for these days. Its sound is very close to that of my $1000 Shure SE846.

P.S. The X12i is also claimed to be sonically identical to the X10 and X11i. The only difference is the cable and an upgraded mic. Unless that's important to you, you'd get a better deal on the X11i.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #158 of 163
bumping this dinosaur of a thread since there wasn't a dedicated thread for the x11 -

I got a pair of x11's on newegg for a decent price that i'm happy with so far and are super comfortable. bass is shockingly nice and impressive. only faults that are hard to look past are high treble roll off which is coming in harsh, also mids sound a little buried. there's some clarity missing to make these perfect.

it did improve a bit on some tracks with EQ settings (treble booster) in my iphone, though I'm wondering what else could be done or if this is an overall shortcoming of the set. have a lot of time to return them, also ordered a pair of sony xba-h1 to compare against.

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #160 of 163
Been through so many headphones IE80, RHA 10, New Trinity PM4 but everything just seems too bright and harsh at the top of when listening to rock. I remember having a Klipsch s4 and they seemed quite nice lol, how are these x10? Are they bright?

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #161 of 163
I use the X10 a lot of times for audiobooks as they're very comfortable but they're good with music too. They sound big, with plenty (or a bit more) of bass and not at all bright (to my ears) in the treble. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #163 of 163
I have issues with the build quality on the x10. The cable joint on the earphone will show cracks in like 2 weeks if you shove them into your pocket. Comfort is good, but they stick out very far so you cannot sleep with it. As for the sound, they are warm and easy to listen to, but the single armature driver have its limitation. Cannot handle a lot of volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back