Klipsch image one on-ear mini-review
Nov 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 126

ad78

New Head-Fier
i got them at apple store for $150 im a big fan of klipsch so they are a must! 

i am comparing them now to senn HD25-1 II and they are better overall.

ok, im no professional but here is why i said they are better than HD25-1 II
1)portability - they are more portable. (foldable ears) same as bose on-ear plus the case is awesome. 
2)they made for iphone,ipod and ipad - it has a microphone built-in
3)much much more comfortable! ill tell you, i even forgot that they are still on my ears

ok now lets go for the money shot. which is the sound.
they are louder than HD25 more bass and tighter. the mids - HD25 is slightly better than klipsch but right now for 5hrs unstoppable playing with klipsch they are getting better compare when first time firing them. 

the downside is the cord both ears but not a big deal. 

so far im so happy with my purchase. i will definitely return the HD25 for sure.

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 126
Thanks for the mini review.  that's strong if they beat out the HD25-ii.  Those are some very good cans.  This has been a long time coming for Klipsch to get in the full size headphone game.  I was hoping they'd be solid.
Please give us more impressions as you have time. 

My local Apple store is not stocking them yet, so I'll have to keep waiting. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 126
i am enjoying them. super portable. i work remotely and it happens that im in starbucks now for 3hrs and no hurting ears and im wearing eyeglass!

by the way, i forgot to mention. the isolation on HD25 is better than these headphones. pleather vs leather.

looking back again the HD25 i felt they are cheaply made. klipsch image one construction is solid and class looking. the matte headband is sexy.

im a big time dream theater fan and these headphones are perfect for progressive sound
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 126
Quote:
i just read on apples website that they are on ear in lieu over ear (user review)

one user says they dont completly cover the ear??

what is the size?

Let's think a bit about this. The product is called Klipsch Image ONE On-Ear Headphones.

Now what was the guy thinking (err, apparently not) who wrote in the review that he expected them to cover his ears completely like circumaural or 'over-ear' headphones?

I feel like bashing my head against something hard really hard.

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 126

See below - this is on the head-fi.org homepage.  That is what caused the confusion for me. 

Klipsch's new over-ear headphone (the Klipsch Image One)

50x50px-LS-3744bdf3_avatar-120-10.jpg

forum discussion
in Klipsch Premier Sponsor Forum
started by nonsupremous
In this thread, Head-Fi member nonsupremous is pushing Klipsch for some tidbits on upcoming products.  The discussion includes mention of a model that I somehow completely missed until now--a new over-ear Klipsch headphone called the Klipsch Image One (image to the left).  Check out the discussion thread by clicking on the image at left, and then also check out Klipsch's Image One page on their website, how did that head bashing turn out?. read more ›

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #7 of 126
Oh you mean the featured content on the front page. Yeah, seems to be wrong and confusing.
I was referring to this: http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/H2984VC/A?mco=MTk4Mzg1MzA "Good but not what I expected"

The product page at the apple store clearly states that they are on-ear.

But the products website says that the foam is "cushioning your ears". This logically means that it's on ear, doesn't it?
And the specs page (http://www.klipsch.com/Special/Headphones/BS/pages/features/specs.aspx) also clearly states that they are on-ear.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 126

Quote:
i just read on apples website that they are on ear in lieu over ear (user review)

what is the size?

i dont know about the review on apple, but definitely my ears are completely covered. i think that guy is a ELF ;p

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 126
Quote:
i dont know about the review on apple, but definitely my ears are completely covered. i think that guy is a ELF ;p

Haha, okay. Now that is interesting and confusing.

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 126

Quote:
Quote:

what is the size?

i am on the hunt for my first set of full hp's and im really hoping these will cover my ears.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #12 of 126

Quote:
damn. literally just purchased hd 25-1s. 

how is the resale value on them if theyre new and have been used for 1 hour :p

if the store has a good return policy, I would go through them

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 126

Quote:
Quote:

I would too.  My teacher stepped on them and broke them yesterday an hour after I got them.  So I had to order a new headband. 

How new are these Klipsch's?

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #14 of 126

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I would too.  My teacher stepped on them and broke them yesterday an hour after I got them.  So I had to order a new headband. 

How new are these Klipsch's?

right, my chem teacher had gave us this 2x4 space for our possessions and our desk, and if anything was outside that area, it was fair game for her to punt....

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #15 of 126
How would these compare to M50's?

I'm looking for my first headset and i'm wondering if i should go with the M50's or these...

I'm mostly going to be listening to music and gaming, so sound stage is of importance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back