Klipsch HP-3
Jul 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #226 of 621
Hi, these headphones look awesome. Would they be good for metal through a hugo 2?
I don't have a Hugo 2 so I can't speak for the pairing. However, if you have a specific metal artist/s I could see how they fare on the amps that I do have. Metal is a very broad genre with a good lot of it mixed and mastered like garbage and given the HP-3's abundance of treble and the amount of detail it can put out it could be a disaster.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #227 of 621
Hi folks, I would appreciate your help on a small matter. Could you confirm the amount of noise isolation and/or leakage one experiences with the HP-3? During my auditions with the headphone, I was so occupied with its sound that I neglected to focus on the isolation and leakage aspects. Thanks in advance.

Jul 14, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #228 of 621
Hi folks, I would appreciate your help on a small matter. Could you confirm the amount of noise isolation and/or leakage one experiences with the HP-3? During my auditions with the headphone, I was so occupied with its sound that I neglected to focus on the isolation and leakage aspects. Thanks in advance.
Wish that I could help, but I listen at rather loud playback volume which invalidates me as people can always hear the music coming from my listening and I cannot hear outside noise at all.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #229 of 621
I can't help either since I live alone and have no one that can verify if what I'm listening to is audible or not. As for blocking sound, it's a mostly closed amount of sound blocking, similar to the X00. It definitely doesn't isolate like a DT770 though.

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #230 of 621
I can't help either since I live alone and have no one that can verify if what I'm listening to is audible or not. As for blocking sound, it's a mostly closed amount of sound blocking, similar to the X00. It definitely doesn't isolate like a DT770 though.
It is audible. My girlfriend could hear my music even when she was in another room so there is enough leakage, but that is to be expected.

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #231 of 621
Thanks for the responses, @Sonic Defender and @theangelboy.

I listen at a fairly high volume level, too, so I suppose that any music I play will be very audible to the people around me; if at all possible, I don't want to be disturbing my wife.

I can get a very good deal on a brand-new HP-3, so I'm seriously considering a purchase.

Decisions, decisions...

Jul 15, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #232 of 621
Thanks for the responses, @Sonic Defender and @theangelboy.

I listen at a fairly high volume level, too, so I suppose that any music I play will be very audible to the people around me; if at all possible, I don't want to be disturbing my wife.

I can get a very good deal on a brand-new HP-3, so I'm seriously considering a purchase.

Decisions, decisions...
You married her, I'm pretty confident you have already disturbed her quite a bit, she might even find the loud music a welcome relief from your usual routine :wink: But seriously, the HP-3 is really nice and the construction and design is superb.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #233 of 621
You married her, I'm pretty confident you have already disturbed her quite a bit, she might even find the loud music a welcome relief from your usual routine :wink: But seriously, the HP-3 is really nice and the construction and design is superb.
You do have a point. Although, if she wants to silence me, my wife will just use her own headphones or IEMs to drown me out (she's an audiophile, too). The thing is, she just doesn't agree very much with my taste in music. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I am seriously contemplating the purchase of an HP-3. My local distributor is offering it at about 40% off its retail cost; that's quite a hefty discount.

Jul 15, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #234 of 621
You do have a point. Although, if she wants to silence me, my wife will just use her own headphones or IEMs to drown me out (she's an audiophile, too). The thing is, she just doesn't agree very much with my taste in music. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I am seriously contemplating the purchase of an HP-3. My local distributor is offering it at about 40% off its retail cost; that's quite a hefty discount.
At that price you really should jump on it mate.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #235 of 621

What discount! Don't wait, get it asap!

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #236 of 621
I have the Fidelio X1's and the HD800S. Far prefer the musicality of the Fidelio's so am looking at these with great interest. Hoping I can sell the Senns and get these.

Any owners can say how good these are for gaming?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #237 of 621
I have the Fidelio X1's and the HD800S. Far prefer the musicality of the Fidelio's so am looking at these with great interest. Hoping I can sell the Senns and get these.

Any owners can say how good these are for gaming?
Pretty sure these are good for gaming too. You might not expect it but a lot of people here uses high-end headphones for gaming too like the Senns HD8xx and even Meze Empyrean. Can't agree with them more because they simply sounds damn good.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #238 of 621
Just took delivery of a pair of HP-3.

Tested a few songs and found out that there's some issues with the left driver. On certain low frequencies and certain songs, a rather obvious buzzing sound could be heard. This is super annoying. Issue is most apparent on "My Girl" by Patricia Barber.
Afternote: Ran the headphone through a range of test tones. Buzzing can only be heard from 60Hz and below (with moderate volume).

Did some basic troubleshooting and found out problem is definitely the headphone.

Wrote back to the dealer and currently awaiting advice from them.

Anyone encountered the same issue?

On a separate note, for such an amazing sounding headphone, I find it ridiculous that it's not even selling well. Reason being I got an old stock (a 2017 pair) despite buying brand new from an authorized dealer. Imagine this has been sitting in storage for 3 donkey years before getting sold. Well...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #239 of 621
I think they priced it too aggressively at first, that scared many buyers away. I bought my pair for ~850€ but I still see them listed in many places for ~1200€.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #240 of 621
I think they priced it too aggressively at first, that scared many buyers away. I bought my pair for ~850€ but I still see them listed in many places for ~1200€.

For the SQ and build quality, I thought US$1199 wasn't too much to ask for. In fact, the price/performance ratio competes very well with cans like the ZMF Aeolus.

I guess it's the lack of marketing/exposure + the Steve (@Musiqlovr) saga effect. If only the few well-established youtube reviewers (like Joshua Valour and Andrew Park @Resolve) had done a piece on the HP-3, I believe it would have helped the sales by quite a fair bit of margin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back