Klipsch HP-3
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #241 of 621
I think they priced it too aggressively at first, that scared many buyers away. I bought my pair for ~850€ but I still see them listed in many places for ~1200€.

850$ for new item sealed?
It's a crazy price!

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #242 of 621
On eBay the prices are all above €1300 up to almost €1600, probably because it's discontinued. There is one Italian seller selling the Ebony and Oak for €998.
The Walnut version is getting rare too on other non-eBay. Anyway, I couldn't stand it anymore and bought the Walnut version, obviously not for €1300 and up.
Now am waiting for it to be delivered.

But it's true Klipsch didn't do any advertising which makes them underrated and unknown and the prices is an important factor too. But of course, once you've tasted very great audio, you'll give it a chance. And you can pick up the headphone depending on the mood and content. Having literally 4 headphones next to my monitor :p 5th is awaiting to be delivered.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #243 of 621
For the SQ and build quality, I thought US$1199 wasn't too much to ask for. In fact, the price/performance ratio competes very well with cans like the ZMF Aeolus.

I guess it's the lack of marketing/exposure + the Steve (@Musiqlovr) saga effect. If only the few well-established youtube reviewers (like Joshua Valour and Andrew Park @Resolve) had done a piece on the HP-3, I believe it would have helped the sales by quite a fair bit of margin.

That was my point, I didn't mean to come across as saying they are not worth the price. They just weren't promoted in a way that would generate enough interest for that price point to be competitive with other big brand offerings.

850$ for new item sealed?
It's a crazy price!

849€ and free shipping, brand new. And I even ended up getting the HP3 balanced cable for free from Klipsch (big shoutout to their EU CS team!).

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #244 of 621
So, is that it? This headphone is out of production?

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #245 of 621
So, is that it? This headphone is out of production?
Sadly, it appears to be out of production. My local distributor is selling its remaining stock at an insane price - $590, brand new! I've always wanted an HP-3, so I'm definitely pouncing on this deal.

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #246 of 621
Very sad it's out of production. Don't know exactly why but probably because of lack of advertising?
The price is maybe an important factor but there are more expensive headphones out there.

Anyway, I've got the Walnut version for almost a week and I freaking love it! Glad I went for the walnut version, looks much better.
I'll soon post impressions and some photos in the other dedicated topic about HP-3 impressions and such.

Oct 8, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #247 of 621
I wanted the walnut too-- couldn't find it here in North America. But I did get the ebony, and it's great. (Actually I think all three are really nice). This is a very fine headphone; it's a shame Klipsch is discontinuing. I wonder what they'll be up to next for headphones (hopefully still something high quality audiophile).

Oct 8, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #248 of 621
I wanted the walnut too-- couldn't find it here in North America. But I did get the ebony, and it's great. (Actually I think all three are really nice). This is a very fine headphone; it's a shame Klipsch is discontinuing. I wonder what they'll be up to next for headphones (hopefully still something high quality audiophile).
I doubt there will be new high quality headphones, it's been months. What I like what Klipsch did are the nice goodies like the wooden box and the sexy cables, even the 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter looks much better than the usual ones ^^ And the magnetic earpads is fun to play around. Of course keep the stock as it is and make your own versions :p
Klipsch did an astounding job there! Worth every penny.

Won't the Italian sellers ship them to NA?

I wouldn't never ever thought I'd spend that amount of money on a freakin' headphone but...I did and no regrets!
The headband is a bit uncomfortable after some time but that's easy to fix without changing anything to the headband.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #249 of 621
The distributor only had 2 units left in stock, 1 walnut and 1 oak. I didn't really fancy the oak, to be honest; it's a little too pale-colored for my tastes. I'm happy with either the ebony or the walnut, so, of course, I jumped on the latter immediately. They should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait! :)

Oct 8, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #250 of 621
The distributor only had 2 units left in stock, 1 walnut and 1 oak. I didn't really fancy the oak, to be honest; it's a little too pale-colored for my tastes. I'm happy with either the ebony or the walnut, so, of course, I jumped on the latter immediately. They should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait! :)
The oak is the least favorite to me lol, indeed little too pale and I think the oak will look better if you have a pale colored interior or room.

Probably good to know when it's arrived: the HP-3 will maybe not sound very pleasant and bass probably not so good and boomy as reviewers said that. Get used to it and after some days to week, you'll likely love it. It's something you own that's pretty much exclusive too.

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #251 of 621
The oak is the least favorite to me lol, indeed little too pale and I think the oak will look better if you have a pale colored interior or room.

Probably good to know when it's arrived: the HP-3 will maybe not sound very pleasant and bass probably not so good and boomy as reviewers said that. Get used to it and after some days to week, you'll likely love it. It's something you own that's pretty much exclusive too.
Thanks, but you don't have to worry about that. I have auditioned this headphone before, and it's been something that I've always wanted to own. Aside from its really good looks, it has a warm, vibrant sound that I enjoy. My sonic preferences are very skewed from the typical audiophile's, actually. I don't like neutrality or absolute clarity. Rather, I love a colored sound; my favorite signature is a "v-shaped" one, actually. :)

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #252 of 621
Thanks, but you don't have to worry about that. I have auditioned this headphone before, and it's been something that I've always wanted to own. Aside from its really good looks, it has a warm, vibrant sound that I enjoy. My sonic preferences are very skewed from the typical audiophile's, actually. I don't like neutrality or absolute clarity. Rather, I love a colored sound; my favorite signature is a "v-shaped" one, actually. :)
It's like holding something precious :p

I'm surprised any tiny detail has been revealed and yet nothing is harsh and piercing at all.

I'm bummed there are no aftermarket earpads or perhaps some plastic caps with magnets to apply your own ones.

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #253 of 621
It's like holding something precious :p

I'm surprised any tiny detail has been revealed and yet nothing is harsh and piercing at all.

I'm bummed there are no aftermarket earpads or perhaps some plastic caps with magnets to apply your own ones.
I agree. In the world of headphones, the HP-3 is definitely one of the best looking. The contemporaries that I'd rank on a par with the Klipsch, in the aesthetics department, also use copious amounts of wood in their design; stuff like the Denon AH-D9200, the Audio-Technica ATH-WP900, and the many editions of the ZMF Vérité Closed. I think that I'm just a sucker for a good wooden headphone. :wink:

About the earpads, yeah, that would be a little worrying. Applying some TLC will extend the shelf life of these headphones, but some good aftermarket replacement pads would be most welcome, of course.

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #255 of 621
Well, my HP-3 is here! I've been really busy today, though, so I guess I will only be touching the headphones tomorrow. The packaging and presentation are superb, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back