Klipsch HP-3
Sep 23, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #606 of 621
I am a fun of Klipsch. I spent 2 weeks with Klipsch HP3 and cannot listened nothing, exclude Blues with it. I prefer female vocal and Klipsch does not give me this cristal sounds, it is a little bit darken. At the and i had to sale it.

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #608 of 621
I am a fun of Klipsch. I spent 2 weeks with Klipsch HP3 and cannot listened nothing, exclude Blues with it. I prefer female vocal and Klipsch does not give me this cristal sounds, it is a little bit darken. At the and i had to sale it.
I can definitely understand that. It has a dip around the 3khz region which is in the middle of the ear gain and responsible to for a lot of perceived clarity, especially with vocals. Some people are more sensitive to this effect than others. This does bother me a bit and it takes my brain several minutes to adjust to the HP-3, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. Sorry it didn't work out for you!

Sep 23, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #609 of 621
I can definitely understand that. It has a dip around the 3khz region which is in the middle of the ear gain and responsible to for a lot of perceived clarity, especially with vocals. Some people are more sensitive to this effect than others. This does bother me a bit and it takes my brain several minutes to adjust to the HP-3, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. Sorry it didn't work out for you!
Exactly. it may sounds like a joke nowadays, but at that time i prefer spend time with IEM 7Hz Eternal than HP3. Especially, because 7Hz provided to me more sensitive female vocal.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #610 of 621
Where are yall getting replacement pads for the hp3? Mine are starting to die, lots of little black spots all over the leather. Not dead yet but I wanna be able to get a replacement if I need to.,

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #611 of 621
Where are yall getting replacement pads for the hp3? Mine are starting to die, lots of little black spots all over the leather. Not dead yet but I wanna be able to get a replacement if I need to.,
Probably only from Klipsch here in the U.S. if they still have them.
I got a backup walnut pair and a black pair back in 2020 from Klipsch that I put away and still have (the black actually looks good on the walnut HP-3's).
They're not cheap though - cost me over $160 per pair back in 2020.

Attachments

• klipdch hp3 pads.JPG
    klipdch hp3 pads.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #612 of 621
I know this isn't exactly an answer to your question, but good quality leather should last a really long time if properly cared for. The foam will most likely give out before the leather does, and Klipsch used a pretty dense foam for them. Using a good quality leather cleaner and conditioner will go a long way into extending the life of them. I was able to resurrect a very old/heavily used pair of J$ leather pads with several applications of conditioner. It really does work miracles, if you get the right stuff. So, long story short, there's a good chance you can get rid of the black spots unless it's like ink or something.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #613 of 621
I got a backup walnut pair and a black pair back in 2020 from Klipsch that I put away and still have (the black actually looks good on the walnut HP-3's).
Yeah UK so thats not gonna work. Does no one make a replacement set? No dekoni or anything?

Dec 21, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #614 of 621
Yeah UK so thats not gonna work. Does no one make a replacement set? No dekoni or anything?
Was that when they were still selling the HP3? I'd like to get a second pair of pads...but they probably don't sell them anymore I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #615 of 621
They had all 3 colored pads in stock when I bought mine back in 2020.

You can try calling Klipsch or email them - support@klipsch.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back