Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
May 2, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #1,036 of 1,468
Hey guys. That’s a great call out on the pad situation. I’ll never sell mine and none of us will probably be able to if you can’t get replacement pads. If “anyone” finds a place where replacement pads can be had, let’s post it here. Personally, I’ll jump on them immediately. Damn, this really sucks. I don’t know a single pad you could use as they’re magnetic. I guess you could somehow
Mod them but why? I’m really bummed now that this was posted. Lol.

May 2, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #1,037 of 1,468
Hey guys. That’s a great call out on the pad situation. I’ll never sell mine and none of us will probably be able to if you can’t get replacement pads. If “anyone” finds a place where replacement pads can be had, let’s post it here. Personally, I’ll jump on them immediately. Damn, this really sucks. I don’t know a single pad you could use as they’re magnetic. I guess you could somehow

Maybe someone has tried generic earpads? Could be worth a shot. Mine is two months old and theyre like a new. Ive been treating them with leather care and they seem to like it. I hope it prolongs the life.

May 2, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #1,038 of 1,468
Sorry to bum you out and I'm getting more bummed out too. In all seriousness, if/when mine get to needing replaced, maybe try to find a leather craftsman who could rebuild them? Wouldn't be crazy about taking some aftermarket pads and gluing them on.

May 2, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #1,039 of 1,468
Do any of you get the feeling that Klipsch has discontinued the HP-3? Crutchfield is usually a good indicator of when items are getting discontinued and now the only HP-3's they have are in their Outlet section. Even Klipsch's website only has the Ebony HP-3's.

I bought a brand new pair of Walnut HP-3's a few months ago and the certificate of authenticity says they were made 10/31/17. These are the first headphones I've ever had that I know I'll never sell. I think, like my Chorus II's and Quartet speakers, they'll last about forever but would like to get at least one pair of backup ear pads as those do wear out. I've contacted Klipsch about buying some but haven't heard back yet. Anybody gotten replacement pads from them?
This post is why I'm tentative about these headphones. I'm a huge Klipsch fan and I love my 2 pairs of KLF-20 Legend series speakers. I'd buy these in the next 2 years if I knew I could stock up on parts to repair/replace them going forward. They're so damn gorgeous and the reviews here and elsewhere show them to be excellent I have to assume they'd last a lifetime or two assuming we could replace the wearable components.

May 2, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #1,040 of 1,468
First let me say, I am a very big fan of Klipsch speakers, (Heritage).
I have owned Klipsch Heresy, Klipsch Cornwall and still own a almost mint pair of Klipsch Forte ll.
All in all, my favorite was the cornwall, but do to size and other factors I let them go and kept the forte ll.
The forte ll is very close to the cornwall and in some ways better, some aspects the cornwalls were better.
Keep in mind the the current owners of Klipsch, are very much different than the speaker company of
Paul & family and the days of old. More business driven, not so much the love of music and speakers.

I guess my point is I really have loved past Klipsch speakers and good tube amps. I do also think the HP-3 headphones carried on the tone of past klipsch speakers. I was afraid of exactly what seems to be happening, pulling out of the the HP-3 project because it is not making ENOUGH money to suit the bean counters. Same thing with the Audioquest Nighthawks,I am referring to business practices, not comparing the headphones.
Same end result, no spare parts pretty much no support for the headphones, sad for all owners and potential owners. At this point, I would look at ZMF Headphones for potential buyers, just my opinion.

May 2, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #1,041 of 1,468
I think you are right about profit and the corporate mentality. It's a shame you weren't reading about them more they are one of the best sounding (to me) phones I've ever used. I love them. Fortunately the pads appear to be good quality. They are the same shape as one of the fostex pad but different fastener.

May 2, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1,042 of 1,468
Let me listen to my Classics and HP-3's in detail this weekend and I'll let you know. I need to listen to some various artists and compare. Any in particular?
Actually discard that, not sure why I asked but was curious because I own the Meze 99C myself too. I've gotten used to DT880 and the only two things so far that worries me are the sibilance and vocals being unnatural like the Denon-AH7200. But from what I've gathered it depends on which amp is used to tame the sibilance for example on the HP-3 as other owners and reviewer said.

May 2, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #1,043 of 1,468
It's a shame you weren't reading about them more they are one of the best sounding (to me) phones I've ever used
No, I agree, they are a very good headphone ! I just feel the price hike so soon after being introduced, was just not a good indicator of what was going to happen. I am disappointed that this may be the end of their short production. I hope I am wrong !

May 2, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #1,044 of 1,468
Since they made the HP-3 in collaboration with Fostex is there a model they have that sounds similar? If not what sounds most like the HP-3? I've never listened to them before but I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 and am liking them a lot so far (only a few hours in). I really lust after this headphone though, they look so damn good in any color lol

May 2, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #1,045 of 1,468
Since they made the HP-3 in collaboration with Fostex is there a model they have that sounds similar? If not what sounds most like the HP-3? I've never listened to them before but I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2 and am liking them a lot so far (only a few hours in). I really lust after this headphone though, they look so damn good in any color lol
Almost in the same boat, having the Beyerdynamic T5p.2 lol

May 2, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #1,047 of 1,468
I haven't been following the thread recently, so I might be repeating stuff here but..

People may disagree, I think the HP-3 were priced too high. I remember when this thread first started there was a Klipsch employee who was working on the project and asking input from all the users, one of the key points was the price less than $1000. Since then there's been a ton more headphones released from various manufacturers that just gained more interest among people for whatever reason, and they all have headphones that cost far less than $1000 which likely make up most of the profits. That recent sale price just makes more sense, had they priced the HP-3s at around $700 and made some updates over the years, I think the product would be in a different place right now. But maybe I'm wrong..who knows.

May 2, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,048 of 1,468
Haha, bro-fist from across the pond! I'm still breaking them in (whatever that means) and while I'm not into platitudes they seem a bit more detailed than my Fostex TH-X00 which I like a lot too.
Hahaha bro-fist! I wanted the T1 in the beginning but my main intentions on headphones are to use them literally for everything, even my Samsung mp3-player so got the T5p.2 instead, so it's easier to use it on any device. 600ohm headphones are pretty much limited and I would be pretty frustrated to keep using portable amp to power the T1, not to mention cables and other crap lol. Rest assured, I love my T5p.2 and no regret. But it is not a sin to keep getting more headphones lol, they each have their own sound signature and they fit perfectly on which content like for music, movies, gaming and other stuff. I think that's why my lust for more headphones is not cured.

May 2, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #1,049 of 1,468
I haven't been following the thread recently, so I might be repeating stuff here but..

People may disagree, I think the HP-3 were priced too high. I remember when this thread first started there was a Klipsch employee who was working on the project and asking input from all the users, one of the key points was the price less than $1000. Since then there's been a ton more headphones released from various manufacturers that just gained more interest among people for whatever reason, and they all have headphones that cost far less than $1000 which likely make up most of the profits. That recent sale price just makes more sense, had they priced the HP-3s at around $700 and made some updates over the years, I think the product would be in a different place right now. But maybe I'm wrong..who knows.
It is priced high indeed. Some stores here (maybe sketchy because too much fake reviews) have priced it at €1199. If on eBay €700: instant-buy and never look back. Klipsch haven't been developing a lot of headphones like other brands, am I correct? Marshall does that for example.

May 2, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #1,050 of 1,468
Have all y'all that are saying the price is too high listened to them for more than a few minutes? Most folks who have them say they will never sell them. Whadya think that means?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back