Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #976 of 1,468
Ghetto comfy mod with some Dekoni attenuation rings and magnets, ft. ZMF lambskin universe pads and pilot pad. Stock sounds slightly better, but not by much. Obviously a temporary solution, but it works pretty well.

Ghetto_mod_1.jpg
Ghetto_mod_2.jpg
Ghetto_mod_3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #979 of 1,468
Dec 2, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #981 of 1,468
Dec 10, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #983 of 1,468
I would love for Dekoni to actually make so replacement pads for the HP-3 that wouldn't change the sound signature. They don't feel uncomfortable with the stock pads but they would be more comfortable with some good Dekoni pads but if it changes the signature I'm out.

Anyways, today was the first time I really listened to these again for a few hours and it made me remember just why I love this headphone so much. It doesn't sound like any other headphone I have and has such good dynamics. I also think they have a fantastic soundstage and imaging because for me they have the perfect amount of width and really good depth. Now I remember why I felt like these are my favorite headphone and while I still love my LCD-2C and Aiva they just don't have the character that the HP-3 has. I've said it before but I still don't get why this headphone isn't more popular because it's a truly great headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #984 of 1,468
Anyways, today was the first time I really listened to these again for a few hours and it made me remember just why I love this headphone so much. It doesn't sound like any other headphone I have and has such good dynamics. I also Now I remember why I felt like these are my favorite headphone and while I still love my LCD-2C and Aiva they just don't have the character that the HP-3 has. I've said it before but I still don't get why this headphone isn't more popular because it's a truly great headphone.

Yes, the Klipsch HP 3 sounds very lively with amazing bass. It is just very energetic and musical!

Maybe the so called "audiophile" people have been brainwashed by the "analytical" sounds of the Sen hd 8xx for years? Or they just don't believe the speakers company can also make good headphones?

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #985 of 1,468
Greetings.
After doing some research into the HP-3 I decided I really want to have a pair.
Sadly it appears too little to late and I can't seem to find any available at a decent price.
Would anyone be able to suggest a comparable headphone in sound signature for me to research?

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #986 of 1,468
At the same price range, 500/600€, does anyone recommend other dac/amp for these apart from the Klipsch Heritage Amp?

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #987 of 1,468
Greetings.
After doing some research into the HP-3 I decided I really want to have a pair.
Sadly it appears too little to late and I can't seem to find any available at a decent price.
Would anyone be able to suggest a comparable headphone in sound signature for me to research?

I guess the question is what is your price range? Are you looking new or used?

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #989 of 1,468

Users who are viewing this thread

Back