Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Oct 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #526 of 1,468
Oh no doubt. But as long as people keep demanding and buying 'overpriced' headphones, they will continue to be 'overpriced'.

Thank you. I was at that page, saw a shopping cart (top right), but still cannot see how to get it into the cart. Maybe I'm blind.

Create an account with Klipsch and Log In. Select the Ebony, and there is an add to cart button on the page, after you add to cart just hit go to cart and complete check out!

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #527 of 1,468
Can you do any comparisons with your EMU Teak? (Or Fostex TH-900 if you have heard it)

How does the bass and soundstage compare?

I have EMU Teak, but it is fully Lawton Modded with chambers (Flame Maple), Tune Up kit and Angle Pads. I have the Fostex THX00 also, but modded with Lawton Chambers (Padauk), Lawton Tune Up Kit and Dekoni TH-900 Pads. So, comparisons with those and the HP-3 would not help you. The Lawton Chambers and Tune Up Kit, as well as pad rolling makes a significant change to the EMU Teak and THX00. (bass tight, soundstage more wide and more deep, bass, mids and treble smooth and balanced). Much prefer the HP-3 over the TH-900 but that has been gone for more than six months so really can't compare head to head.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #528 of 1,468
I purchased mine here, http://www.klipsch.com/products/hp-3-headphones, and they shipped the next day, and arrived two days later! I like the sound better than the ZMF Eikon that I had, and are much lighter and more comfortable on my head.

Mine are in Ebony, if you select the color website states they are available. Oak and Walnut are preorder!

In which area do you think HP-3 is superior than Eikon.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #529 of 1,468
In which area do you think HP-3 is superior than Eikon.

HP-3 iis more comfortable for sure, not as heavy, presentation packaging, two cables. drivers are superior to the Eikon drivers, IMO, bass more layered, Eikon is more expensive. HP-3 more of a headphone look, Eikon more like a piece of handmade furniture!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #530 of 1,468
HP-3 iis more comfortable for sure, not as heavy, presentation packaging, two cables. drivers are superior to the Eikon drivers, IMO, bass more layered, Eikon is more expensive. Klipsch is more established so probably better response to warranty repair, I think 2 year warranty, warranty can be transferred to next owner.

HP-3 more of a headphone look, Eikon more like a piece of handmade furniture!

At least look at the Warranty page...
  • Klipsch Group, Inc, (KGI) warrants to the original retail purchaser that this product is to be free from defective materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, if it is properly used and maintained.
  • This limited warranty terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer this product to another party.
At least Zach offers a lifetime driver warranty for original owners. No need to constantly bash ZMF headphones.

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #531 of 1,468
HP-3 iis more comfortable for sure, not as heavy, presentation packaging, two cables. drivers are superior to the Eikon drivers, IMO, bass more layered, Eikon is more expensive. Klipsch is more established so probably better response to warranty repair, I think 2 year warranty, warranty can be transferred to next owner.

HP-3 more of a headphone look, Eikon more like a piece of handmade furniture!

I have always been responsive to customers needs whether they bought headphones from us directly or not. Cute had an issue earlier this year with an Eikon set he bought from a guy who didn't declare it as b-stock in the sale, we figured out what was going on and it was taken care of so all parties were satisfied. Let's try to move on from this and get back on track on the HP3.

Appreciate the subjective feedback Cute, thanks!

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #533 of 1,468
Now that you mention boutique headphones that are way overpriced, how about the ZMF Atticus, Eikon and Artuer, pure money grab there as well!

I don't know what crack you are smoking. @zach915m is easily one of the most friendly and hard working people in the industry and with the amount of handwork that goes into each headphone, he is undercharging. His headphones are built by hand, tuned and burned in by Zach himself. We are talking about a company with three employees, one of whom is his wife. Zach is probably the last person on this forum that should be accused of price gouging.

Oct 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #534 of 1,468
I don't know what crack you are smoking. @zach915m is easily one of the most friendly and hard working people in the industry and with the amount of handwork that goes into each headphone, he is undercharging. His headphones are built by hand, tuned and burned in by Zach himself. We are talking about a company with three employees, one of whom is his wife. Zach is probably the last person on this forum that should be accused of price gouging.
That is quite impressive I must say. Running a business is hard. Running a successful company with your own design is another league in it's own. Props.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #535 of 1,468
At least Zach offers a lifetime driver warranty for original owners. No need to constantly bash ZMF headphones.
I couldn't agree more. I've bought two headphones from Zach, never had any issues at all, and he stayed in touch the whole time, from pre-order to shipping. Oh, and the phones sound great.

The HP-3 does look intriguing. I'm tempted but I'm also excited about the new Audeze.

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #536 of 1,468

+1. They are handmade in the US (I think) versus mass produced in China and somehow the ZMF headphones are a money grab. What a laugh.

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #537 of 1,468
Edit. I decided to hold back till I know all the details. But if its true that Klipsch fired @Musiqlovr after all his hard work on this headphone, it will be hard for me to support the project going forward, especially after the price hike which was 100% not his call.

Yup. Not supporting this company or project. Another one bites the dust.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #538 of 1,468
+1. Zach is a supper friendly and good guy!

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #539 of 1,468
Wow, been away from the thread for a few days, really melted down while I was gone. First things first, the Eikon is a steal. IMO, its the best closed back headphone you can buy at any price. That aside, while some parts are made elsewhere, the vast majority of the work is done by hand in Chicago by @zach915m anyone who thinks they are an overpriced cash grab has no clue what they are talking about. To top that off, Zach is extremely nice and goes out of his way to take care of his customers.

Moving back to the topic of this thread, I am really disappointed to see what has happened here. I have to assume based on the lack of comment to the contrary from Klipsch, @Musiqlovr was fired. This is a real shame, he seemed genuinely passionate about the HP-3. For me personally, I really lost interest in these with the price hike. It's not that I don't think they are not worth 1200.00, I still haven't heard them so I won't speculate about that one way or the other. That being said, the price increase with no notice really felt like a betrayal, These would have to astonish me to a level I don't think is possible for me to be a buyer now. I had intended to buy both these and the Auteur, that is no longer the case. If anyone from Klipsch management is reading this, I want you to know that your actions have lost you my sale. Had you addressed this situation in a timely manner and provided us with reasonable information about your choices, this may not have been the case, instead, we have had nothing but silence.

I suspect this will be my last post in this thread, I'm looking to greener pastures, there are too many other new options coming out for me to waste a second more on these. If you are still interested in the HP-3, or you have them and love them, I wish you well, I would have liked to enjoy them with you.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #540 of 1,468
Viola, We will not forget France. In fact I will be in Paris Oct 16th. We are looking at Son Video, 10 FNAC stores (their Flagship), and a few other select retailers in France.

Again, I'd love to hear where it was said that Musiqlovr is no longer with Klipsch? Last post said he'd be overseas this week. Is there another forum that this came from or something on social media? Direct feedback to someone here? I've looked but haven't found anything. Considering he has previously gone silent during busy periods, and considering he's hitting shows launching a new product, I wouldn't be surprised if he was too busy to hop on.

As far as prices go, it's not uncommon for target prices to be off from the final prices. We know they were debating add-ons, etc. to weigh the cost of inclusion/exclusion. Plus there's always risk of project cost over-runs. None of that matters if the sound quality doesn't match the value of the final retail product. I'd still like to hear them. Disappointed in the increase, sure, but not totally surprised or put-off by it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back