Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #496 of 1,468
IMG_20171012_232633.png

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #499 of 1,468
My brief impressions from RMAF:

Klipsh HP-3: What a great looking headphone! The pictures on Klipsh's website actually do them justice and the box they come in is a great touch. They have a fun V shaped sound with excellent controlled bass, good mids, and slightly elevated treble which makes for an exciting listen. Talking to the product manager and headphone designer they wanted the headphone to be exciting and energetic regardless of the music. They also said tubes work very well with their speakers and Klipsh's "voicing" so presumably tubes should work very well with the HP-3. Bonus for a good headphone that's dynamic. Yay!

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #500 of 1,468
1k is never a bargain for headphones, its basically the upper limit of actual increases in SQ.

I'm interested to hear what they sound like but $1000 for headphones made in china means its just another high profit project for Klipsch just like most of their heritage speakers these days.
Disappointing.

could not said better, there are so many companies recently coming out with headphones from scratch in less than a year and charging flagship price right off the bat

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #502 of 1,468
Edit. I decided to hold back till I know all the details. But if its true that Klipsch fired @Musiqlovr after all his hard work on this headphone, it will be hard for me to support the project going forward, especially after the price hike which was 100% not his call.

That really sucks if true! I wonder if it had anything to do with that one member on here who was crying about something.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #503 of 1,468
To Klipsch:

As a potential customer, I value not only the product itself, but also value who will get the money.
For example, if Hifiman releases the best headphone ever at 10 bucks, I wouldn't buy it, I just don't like the company.
Congratulations Klipsch, firing the guy who not only made the project work, but also was incredibly passionate and responsive to the community, and then jack up the price 20% puts you n1 on my black list.

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #504 of 1,468
Mine are being prepared to ship, as of last Friday. I thought they were priced at $999. I will be returning them also, if it turns out Steve was terminated!!!

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #505 of 1,468
That really sucks if true! I wonder if it had anything to do with that one member on here who was crying about something.

corporate greed wins again, it is prob about the sudden $200 price increase, supply and demand, can't blame the company if there are ppl willing to pay, but just know that you are paying mostly for that nice presentation box and stand, not for sound.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #507 of 1,468
To Klipsch:

As a potential customer, I value not only the product itself, but also value who will get the money.
For example, if Hifiman releases the best headphone ever at 10 bucks, I wouldn't buy it, I just don't like the company.
Congratulations Klipsch, firing the guy who not only made the project work, but also was incredibly passionate and responsive to the community, and then jack up the price 20% puts you n1 on my black list.

only way to stop this shameless price gouging is to boycott their products, so the next company who are thinking to do the same will see the result

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #508 of 1,468
Edit: I'm sorry if it seems like I'm discouraging people to buy these. I was just a little upset to learn about the behind the scenes shakeup. I do believe that Steve would want us to hear the product after all the hard work he put in.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #510 of 1,468
Edit. I decided to hold back till I know all the details. But if its true that Klipsch fired @Musiqlovr after all his hard work on this headphone, it will be hard for me to support the project going forward, especially after the price hike which was 100% not his call.
I hate to see this, hope it didn't have anything to do with the silly crap that went on in this thread a few weeks ago ! I had wondered why he had not made any comments lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back