Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #256 of 1,468
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
Yummy!!!

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #262 of 1,468
They are 52mm biodynamics with a rubber surround, right? So really, they are more like the ZMF Eikon than any other headphone on the market.

Apologize, this is the first I've heard of this brand. Our drivers are based on the Foster Biocellulose driver, and we aren't hiding that fact, we have some changes to the driver which is specific to us (that we don't want to share) but if this brand uses the Foster 52mm Biocelluse driver, could be the same "base" driver, but I'd have to do more research because I can tell you anything other than speculation (and we really don't like to speculate).

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #264 of 1,468
Apologize, this is the first I've heard of this brand. Our drivers are based on the Foster Biocellulose driver, and we aren't hiding that fact, we have some changes to the driver which is specific to us (that we don't want to share) but if this brand uses the Foster 52mm Biocelluse driver, could be the same "base" driver, but I'd have to do more research because I can tell you anything other than speculation (and we really don't like to speculate).

All I was commenting on was your base construction of the driver, not if it was the "same" driver.(Biodynamic with rubber surround which is more like a speaker than your typical headphone driver) It's not however, as far as I know, ZMF doesn't use a Foster based driver.

It's mildly concerning that you haven't even heard of ZMF. Due to the driver type, nearness in price and general build similarities (ie: semi open, driver similarities, all wood, metal and leather construction) the HP3 will undoubtedly be directly compared to the Eikon when its released. I know I am planning to see how they stack up with my Eikons when I can get a chance to try them. ZMF is even a sponsor here on Head-Fi iir. I would suggest it might behoove you to look into the Eikon.

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #265 of 1,468
All I was commenting on was your base construction of the driver, not if it was the "same" driver.(Biodynamic with rubber surround which is more like a speaker than your typical headphone driver) It's not however, as far as I know, ZMF doesn't use a Foster based driver.

It's mildly concerning that you haven't even heard of ZMF. Due to the driver type, nearness in price and general build similarities (ie: semi open, driver similarities, all wood, metal and leather construction) the HP3 will undoubtedly be directly compared to the Eikon when its released. I know I am planning to see how they stack up with my Eikons when I can get a chance to try them. ZMF is even a sponsor here on Head-Fi iir. I would suggest it might behoove you to look into the Eikon.

Don't think you should be concerned. When we started this project we bought everything we could find at the time that was considered to be a good sounding HP, from $299-$xxxxx

We also went to just about every driver manufacturer and my chieft HP engineer was carrying stacks of raw drivers for weeks. Showing us what each prime driver manufacturer made, what was special or unique about each.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, we test so much and believe that while we feel our material composition is at a level that is not approachable by others at our price point, SQ was the primary goal first and foremost.

Very soon you will not have to take our word for it. The team is very focused on keeping the initial target release date but we still plan to annnounce plans for the Headfi group to be part of Beta test. We don't yet know how large that group will be.

We also are committed to creating something special for the Headfi community and users who have been helpful to the development.

More soon!

Jun 30, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #266 of 1,468
Don't think you should be concerned. When we started this project we bought everything we could find at the time that was considered to be a good sounding HP, from $299-$xxxxx

We also went to just about every driver manufacturer and my chieft HP engineer was carrying stacks of raw drivers for weeks. Showing us what each prime driver manufacturer made, what was special or unique about each.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, we test so much and believe that while we feel our material composition is at a level that is not approachable by others at our price point, SQ was the primary goal first and foremost.

Very soon you will not have to take our word for it. The team is very focused on keeping the initial target release date but we still plan to annnounce plans for the Headfi group to be part of Beta test. We don't yet know how large that group will be.

We also are committed to creating something special for the Headfi community and users who have been helpful to the development.

More soon!

Well, as always, I can't wait to hear them for myself and see how they stack up, from the first I have wanted these to be as good as they can be. I hope to be able to hear them myself soon, in the meantime, thank you for the updates, and the new pictures, they are as pretty as ever. Please feel free to share any more photos you might want. :)

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #269 of 1,468
3.5m is a robust and well test able, plenty of after-market cables available. I'm still reading the thread however if in case it hasn't been asked:
  • How many models is going to be release?
  • What are the model name?
  • What makes them different from each other?
  • What prices are they expected to be retailing for?
  • When are they due to be release?

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back