Klipsch full size cans?
Oct 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd be really interested if Klipsch offered some full size cans. C'mon guys get with it!!

atsmile.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be really interested if Klipsch offered some full size cans. C'mon guys get with it!!

atsmile.gif

Who says we weren't?
wink_face.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 33
Any other features that you are interested in?
Open
Closed
Active
Passive
Portability
Sport
Hi-Fi Requirements

Keep in mind that there could be more than one model... Eventually ... Perfection takes time. [
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 33
well personally my wants list would be

replaceable cable because god knows your IEM cables suck

do an open and closed versions of the same things because some like closed some want open

sod any nonsense noise cancelling rubbish. IEM's block out noise better than any noise cancelling thing and they dont need batterys or add $100 to the price. tbh bose buyers may like one but around here, not so much

sport? erm you mean like senns sports range of buds and stuff?

btw would be greatly interested in anything to sit above the custom 3 in your IEM range. or even just the kc3 with a replaceable cable

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Thump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other features that you are interested in?
Open
Closed
Active
Passive
Portability
Sport
Hi-Fi Requirements

Keep in mind that there could be more than one model... Eventually ... Perfection takes time. [
smily_headphones1.gif
]

I'd love to see full-sized open headphones with quality along the lines of Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic and AKG.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #10 of 33
Good feedback guys... Keep em coming!

More questions for you:

What percentage of Head-fi users require a balanced cable on the cans?
What is your current favorite cable?

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 33
Hi,

I'd like 40mm or so, closed, slim, folding flat-ish, replaceable cable, mid-impedance (150 ohm), 106dB efficiency or better. ...and around US$300 ish.......and of course, very neutral sound quality......I'm not fussy eh ? Cans like this are pretty thin on the ground.....

BTW I have HD650 re-cabled with cryo-treated cable. Oh, and a pair of Klipsch RF-52.....

If I'm a good boy, will Santa be able to reward me with these this Christmas (or sooner...) ?

Cheers

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see full-sized open headphones with quality along the lines of Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic and AKG.

Absolutely. And you guys could do really well here if you came out with an all-out-effort, top tier headphone joining the ranks of the Sennheiser HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1. So many people said no one would pay $1400 for a headphone; meanwhile Sennheiser has sold almost 5,000 of them.

To answer thump's question, yes we would very much like the cable to be user replaceable so we can swap in balanced cables. My current favorite cable is the Double Helix Cables Complement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back