Klipsch Custom 3 recable?
Nov 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Swingtops

Head-Fier
Ok, I have had my klipsch custom 3's for about 4 months now and using them pretty regularly. The cable is starting to do the sweet kinking thing that everyone else has had problems with. My question is has anyone tried or seen a recable done on these things? I am incredibly pleased with the performance of the IEM's but this cable SUCKS!!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm having the same issues. I contacted Unique Melody if they could remold and add a new cable to them. They said they they are able to and the cable will also be user replaceable. It basically turns the Custom 3 into a true custom iem.

I own/have owned many iems and the cable on the custom 3 is the worst I have come across. I wonder why Klipsch is remaining silent on this issue and not offering any recabling service or a trade for a Custom 3 with better cables??

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 9
I just ordered a pair of Westone 3's (thanks for draining my wallet head-fi!) but plan to keep my Custom-3's as a back up. I'd definitely be interested in a recabling option as the current really is a poor cable. I've searched for recabling options in the past few months and didn't find anything, so Unique Melody would probably be the only one right now.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 9
has anyone tried to recable on their own?
-edit or try to cut the sheathing off?

May 14, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #8 of 9
If you still have the receipt and bought them for an authorized dealer(even amazon is ok), you can return them. Your's shouldn't be over 2 years old. I don't think they have been out that long. Call or email Klipsch. They are a stickler for the receipt though. So don't bother if you don't have it.

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #9 of 9
not to like restart this thread or anything(well i kinda am)im very interested in the custom 3s but would also be very interested in replacing the cable. anyone know how to get that done? or possible just the cloth covering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back