Kitchener - Waterloo Audiophiles
Oct 12, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kckc

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I'd like to see if there is anyone here from the University of Waterloo. I don't have any audiophile friends here, with the closest being those who would not consider spending over $100 on headphones/earphones. I haven't thoroughly checked but I'd also like to start up a club here for audiophiles where we can have meets to show off our rigs and listen to other people's gear (with enough interest of course). 

But first, let's see how many people here are from the University of Waterloo or just in the area (Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener etc.)

Oct 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 19
Really? No one at all?!
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 19
Hey - I'm a UW graduate from many years back (BSc '73). 
Check my profile and you'll see what I have in terms of high-end audiophile gear.
I'm not into IEM's at all - purely a headphone enthusiast.
Three years on Head-Fi has most certainly dented my wallet.
I have been to several meets over the last couple of years from Toronto to Guelph.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 19
Great to hear from an alumni of UW!  
You certainly do have some nice gear, and lots of headphones. I haven't spent much money on headphones yet as I'm more into IEMs atm for their form factor. But once I graduate I'll prob start building a nice rig at home and start looking into headphones. 
I'm not aware that Guelph had meets, but I'll keep my eye out for that.

Let's hear from more UW people out there!

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
Hey - I'm a UW graduate from many years back (BSc '73). 
Check my profile and you'll see what I have in terms of high-end audiophile gear.
I'm not into IEM's at all - purely a headphone enthusiast.
Three years on Head-Fi has most certainly dented my wallet.
I have been to several meets over the last couple of years from Toronto to Guelph.

Geez you're old!
biggrin.gif
(pot calling the kettIe black)
I work in Waterloo does that count?
CharlieX has lots of great gear!
Thinking I should organize a meet again sometime soon...

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
Geez you're old!
biggrin.gif

I've changed the title to audiophiles in the KW region 
biggrin.gif
 And yes I fully agree that there should be a meet sometime soon! Although I'm not sure how to go about planning it..

Quote:
Yup, current UW undergrad here, although I'm in Toronto for co-op right now.

Glad to see at least one current UW undergrad! That's too bad you're not on campus this term, and jealous you found a job in Toronto 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
from the kw area but not a UW student i did go to conestoga at some point though, i dont have much myself but would love to hear what other people have

Would love to let you hear what I have if we could get a meet going. 

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 19
I also live in Waterloo, and a small meet would be interesting at some point.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
Geez you're old!
biggrin.gif

Hey Brian - lots of changes/additions since the last meet - my favorite being the HE-60 powered by a Cavalli eXStatA Hybrid.
So, yes, please DO consider hosting a meet down your way (thoroughly enjoyed the last one!)
Hopefully the 'kettle' will be seeing the 'pot' soon!

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #13 of 19
Another possible interest here! 

I went to a meet couple of years ago, it was at the UW campus...

I'm itching to get another set of headphones and/or dac but would like to try on something before spending the money. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #14 of 19
Hello! Currently on exchange at UWO (yeah it's a little far away from Kitchener, but does it count?), and would love to join any meets! Although I only have a Stax SR007 without any amp to power it...

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #15 of 19
At the moment, there is no meet set up. Although I have been talking to a fellow head-fier from UW about a possible small meet during "reading week" (Fed.20-24th) or the weekend before/after. Let me know if that interests any one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back