Kinki Studio Vision THR-1
Nov 21, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #61 of 320
For anyone using the TRH-1 and the Burson Soloist 3X Performance, is there any reason to keep the Soloist as well as the TRH-1? I will be placing my order for the TRH-1 in December and am hoping I will not need to keep both amps (unless there is a good reason to do so). I already have an OTL tube amp which I can use as headphone amp only or pre-amp into the TRH-1, hopefully with good results based on the comments in this thread.

I've had Topping A30 (w Burson V6 Vivid), A90, Jotunheim 2, Valhalla 2 (all sold) and now Feliks Elise and I always end up using the THR-1.

I keep it 24/7 on and while the Elise provides slightly better resolution/details/scene (with upgraded valves) I much prefer the slightly warm and fun sound signature from the THR-1. It never disappoints, 0 fatigue no matter the hours.

I think it is one of the best amps (over $1K) for the D8000 Pro, it balances so well the ultra detailed characteristics of this can with the always gently, smooth and sweet profile of the THR-1...

If I were you I'd A/B a few songs you really know and compare THR-1 vs 3X for a few days. Keep the OTL tube amp so you can always play with valves.

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #63 of 320
So what is the difference in the output and phone switch? Haven't received it yet and couldn't find anything on it. Thanks :)
Output is for the pre amp section and phone is for the headphones.

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #64 of 320
Is it possible to buy the THR-1 with a remote?

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #65 of 320
Is it possible to buy the THR-1 with a remote?
You can ask Alvin (Vinshine/Kinki) but by default, the THR-1 comes with a normal ALPS potentiometer, it is 100% analog, no remote.

Anyhow you could always replace the potentiometer with a motorized one, as long as it fits inside the motherboard

1637661113268.png

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #66 of 320
You can ask Alvin (Vinshine/Kinki) but by default, the THR-1 comes with a normal ALPS potentiometer, it is 100% analog, no remote.

Anyhow you could always replace the potentiometer with a motorized one, as long as it fits inside the motherboard

1637661113268.png
Thanks. I think I'll ask. Worth a shot

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #68 of 320
I see that Th1 offers about 7.5 watss into 30 ohms, I'll be driving Susvaras at 60° so that'll be only 3.75 watts?
I was wondering the same thing. I have the Burson Soloist 3X Performance, which is 8W into 32 ohms. It does an admirable job but it does run out of steam on softer recordings like Pink Floyd, The Wall for example. For most other recordings, a comfortable listening volume is anywhere from 60 to 85. I was wondering how the THR-1 would fair by way of comparison.

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #69 of 320
Just got a M2 Tech Young MK IV to connect to my newly aquired Kinki Thr-1 and let me suggest that if you are looking for something special, try this friendly suggestion out, buy a Mk IV it's a infinite, vibrant, dynamic analog powerful sound. If you have a Susvara, check out this other well kept secret to go with it, the Van Der Graaf MK2 you won't be disappointed, guaranteed :wink:.

This Kinki is amazing btw, it takes some turns for the Susvara but it digs deep and really fills out the whole sound spectrum. Tonally rich and dynamic yet still very high in resolution and detail, really excellent!

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #72 of 320
Hi All,

I am interested in this amp and have been reading any and all reviews I can find online. Some reviews mention audible hum/hiss, more so with sensitive headphones/iems. For those who have the amp, what has been your experience?

I am looking to use with my Susvara and Kennerton Thekk.

Thanks all!

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #73 of 320
Hi All,

I am interested in this amp and have been reading any and all reviews I can find online. Some reviews mention audible hum/hiss, more so with sensitive headphones/iems. For those who have the amp, what has been your experience?

I am looking to use with my Susvara and Kennerton Thekk.

Thanks all!
I bought mine used and have no problems with it, it's a great sounding amp with Susvaras :)

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #74 of 320
Sad news for now. I opted to rather buy the Kinki EX-M1+. It should arrived Jan/Feb. The Soloist with Supercharger is doing a great job with the Susvara in the meanwhile. I'll come back to the THR-1 in future when I've tended to other higher priority audio purchases.

Dec 11, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #75 of 320
Apparently there used to be a Hong Kong exclusive Thr-1 Deluxe version, which uses finer components with a 30% higher price tag. However, this version no longer exists now due to low demand. This was according to my supplier. I placed an order for Thr-1 to pair with susvara.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back