Kinki Studio Vision THR-1
Dec 30, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #106 of 320
I am still tempted to buy this amp in the future. My Kinki EX-M1+ (integrated amp) arrives early Jan. I am confident it will meet both my speaker and Susvara needs but my interest in the THR-1 remains high.

Dec 31, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #107 of 320
I am still tempted to buy this amp in the future. My Kinki EX-M1+ (integrated amp) arrives early Jan. I am confident it will meet both my speaker and Susvara needs but my interest in the THR-1 remains high.
All I can say for now is that I like it very much but it's not an easy beast to tame but I like that being a challenge you have to deserve your reward (like taming a mustang) and it also has it's (small) pitfalls which I will describe in detail in a forecoming review.

It works superbly as a preamp to my Focal shape 65 monitors through some cardas reference the sound is precise, well defined and so enjoyable more than with my actual dac/amp combo.

My major complaint right now, is... the color ! I wish mine was black. But the offer I had was on a silver one :frowning2: Hope in the future maybe there is another head-fier wishing to exhbange his black for a silver one ! 😜

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #108 of 320
I have a question.as.a.fresh owner is it possible to connect 2 headphonee at the same time ? Tjat would be useful formaking comparisons without switching cables all the time. For instance having a low impedance HP like the HEKSE plugged into the 2nd output jack and another (Susvara) plugged in the XLR output ? Will it work ? Is there a risk apart from the volume level that would need to be managed ?

I dare not try as on my dac/amp combo for instance it is stated that I shall never connect 2 balanced cables at the same time or risk damaging the unit, although I managed to connect one balanced and one unbalanced.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #109 of 320
I have a question.as.a.fresh owner is it possible to connect 2 headphonee at the same time ? Tjat would be useful formaking comparisons without switching cables all the time. For instance having a low impedance HP like the HEKSE plugged into the 2nd output jack and another (Susvara) plugged in the XLR output ? Will it work ? Is there a risk apart from the volume level that would need to be managed ?

I dare not try as on my dac/amp combo for instance it is stated that I shall never connect 2 balanced cables at the same time or risk damaging the unit, although I managed to connect one balanced and one unbalanced.
I would never try such thing, different impedance level and probably not recommended by Kinki either

Dec 31, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #112 of 320
Jan 1, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #114 of 320
Is 7 watts into 30° per channel? So roughly about 3.50 watts per channel into 60°?
Based from the below measurement 3.5watts outputs at 300 ohm..

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...hr-1-headphone-amplifier&catid=363&Itemid=444

Screenshot_20220101-211216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jan 1, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #115 of 320
Jan 1, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #116 of 320
So the headphone output impedance is either 50 ohm or 100? Even if I am reading that wrong, I can't find the number from them. If it is not that, does anyone know what it is?
Make a contact with Kinki's via messenger and ask them anything you want to know..

Screenshot_20220102-025553_Messenger.jpg

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #118 of 320
Question for THR-1 and Susvara users: Is dynamics loosing with lower volume levels? I'm listening at fairly low volume and I'm struggling with low dynamics and bass impact with my current setup thus this question. I'll be very thankful if someone can start to listen to Susvara with low volume and make conclusion about dynamics/bass impact produced at this volume levels for me. Thank you!

EDIT: I'm only asking to try it for 30 minutes at beginning of your listening session :) not for your life time :) I don't want to be misunderstood. :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #120 of 320
Guys if anyone has interesting to buy the THR-1 from Europe I m selling mine.
4 months old like new ,only 400 hours.. full original packaging
Please PM .
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back