King of the low-budget hi-fi
Feb 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cman775

New Head-Fier
Hey guys good news i have finally gonna buy a amplifier and a pair of sweet headphones to go with it. Thing is the amount of headphones is staggering to chose and I'm not sure what i want to get. I want something that is comparable with a HD 650 (which was my original choice)and around that sort of price point.

P.S. I listen to all types of music but something with phenomenal bass would be appreciated :)

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys good news i have finally gonna buy a amplifier and a pair of sweet headphones to go with it. Thing is the amount of headphones is staggering to chose and I'm not sure what i want to get. I want something that is comparable with a HD 650 (which was my original choice)and around that sort of price point.

P.S. I listen to all types of music but something with phenomenal bass would be appreciated :)

If you want some of the best bass in the mid-fi realm:

Hifiman HE400
Ultrasone PRO 2900

Very best,

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm not sure how you'd personally define "phenomenal bass", but for some, that only comes in the form of closed headphones.

BTW, I saw your title "low-budget hi-fi" and was going to recommend the PX100-II. But I guess you are shooting a bit higher...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back