King of Dorks
Nov 16, 2002 at 3:43 AM Post #16 of 53
Uh, the owners manual for the K1000s states specifically, and I quote: "It is ill advised to use these headphones while in the vicinity of any reflective surface, such as a mirror." I bet the Sen manual has something similar. You did read your owner's manual, right???

tongue.gif

gerG

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 53
I hate the headband look on hd280.
Makes people who wear them look like dork. Lucky I chose beyer dt250-80 over them. At least the beyer looks much better to me.
haha.. I guess the sennheiser lacks in creativity in making this phone.

Then again, the german hp makers aren't so well known for making beautiful cans.. unlike the japanese.. eheheh

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 53
Greg Freeman, you're kidding -- does it really say that? That's hilarious if it does. ...

LobsterSan, that's kind of what I look like wearing my V6 since I have a somewhat small head. Wearing a hat definitely doesn't help matters. Today I was biking around town and campus wearing the V6 over my hundred-loss Kansas City Royals hat, in a '70s Soviet Olympic track jacket (complete with 'CCCP' and hammer and sickle on the back), carrying a black backpack bearing the logos of a band that ceased to exist twenty-two years ago, with a hand taped up like a boxer's to cover my stigmata. I'm sure I scared some people.

JMT -- it must be you. I don't find the HP-1000s that bad looking on me (when I can get them to stay on), except that I look like I have antennae since I have the drivers sitting all the way at the top of the slides. The HP-1000s are just hot. Your dog's probably just jealous it can't be as cool as you.

kerely

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

RickG, damn...computers need sarcasm keys.

ok, now I'm confused and/or disillusioned. Which of the keys on my keyboard do you fancy aren't sarcasm keys?

Still, it is a funny concept. Maybe we need a whole set of additional commands. e.g.:

beginsarcasm and endsarcasm. Would disable the takeliterally filter on other user's PCs.

beginpun and endpun. Could give people with weak stomaches sufficient warning. Interactive filter with punstenchlevel setting wold block out entire agonizing text block.

rantstart and rantstop. Oops, I think we already have these.

ravestart and ravestop. As above, but less common.

smutstart: autoselect hi-res mode

smutstop: what, already???

oki'mboredwiththislineofreasoning: Time for someone else to pick this up.

gerG

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Still, it is a funny concept. Maybe we need a whole set of additional commands. e.g.:

[sarc]After seeing that picture, anyone want to buy my HD280?[/sarc]

How's that work?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 53
Lol. Don't worry LobsterSan, we all look like that with our 280s on. They look much better in my avatar.

Later.

Nov 16, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by RoninDiesel
haha off topic but i see an ikea cd rack in the back. ikea is one of those toy stores for grownups. next to fry's, home depot, and best buy.

Yup yup! That's the hackas cd rack in back there. You see it is currently empty because while it looks neat, it functions like a POS. It does complement my bjorko coffee table though. I love the names on Ikea furniture.

Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
I say wearing headphones like that give you charcter! And you think those look bad, you've obiviously never seen me in my beyerdynamic 931's. I have to wear the headband 4 clicks down, they look massive

Right on! I just need to purchase a rainbow clown wig, a few bowties, and I'm good to go! I'll bet there are a few headphones out there that look worse...

Quote:

Originally posted by Greg Freeman
Uh, the owners manual for the K1000s states specifically, and I quote: "It is ill advised to use these headphones while in the vicinity of any reflective surface, such as a mirror." I bet the Sen manual has something similar. You did read your owner's manual, right???

You are kidding about the k1000 manual, right? It'd be great if AKG had a sense of humor like that
smily_headphones1.gif
. The HD280's looked even funnier hugging my ass; but that was before I read the manual and figured out where on my body they are supposed to go :endsarcasm
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Kin3tix
hahahahah!! hey lobstersan you're not smiling?!? oh yeah that's right, you must have remembered that you look like a big dork the the senn. hd-dork80 phones on.

Yes, the vice clamp on my head wiped the smile away instantly. I must have been beaming while I dashed to the bathroom to have a looksee in the mirror... and then... well, I don't even know why mirrors were invented if they're not even going to be flattering.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kereley bonto
LobsterSan, that's kind of what I look like wearing my V6 since I have a somewhat small head. Wearing a hat definitely doesn't help matters. Today I was biking around town and campus wearing the V6 over my hundred-loss Kansas City Royals hat, in a '70s Soviet Olympic track jacket (complete with 'CCCP' and hammer and sickle on the back), carrying a black backpack bearing the logos of a band that ceased to exist twenty-two years ago, with a hand taped up like a boxer's to cover my stigmata. I'm sure I scared some people.

I guess the answer to looking stylish is having a gigantic head. No... wait... that's no good. I don't wanna end up like Will Farrell (though the man is quite funny...). Nice look kerelybonto. I can just imagine that... some people might have mistaken you for an avant-garde performance piece
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
Hey folks, in the end it's how they sound...right? (please say yes, since I just bought the 280's as well!)

Yes, in the end, to me, the most important factor is how they sound. I know some will disagree... but even the most hardened fashion critic knows that these cans have a place in their rotation (even if it is indoors with a bag on his head. check, make that a LARGE bag on his head). Sorry if I inadvertently made anyone crap their pants with the dorkiness of my picture. Hey, at least i wasn't half-naked and in a semi-dancing pose... (cough *stereophil magazine* cough)

Nov 16, 2002 at 11:55 AM Post #29 of 53
Hey, if you care how headphones LOOK, there are some lovely Sony 'Street Style' heapdhones out there for ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

wink.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #30 of 53
I am the only one that doesn't think they look so bad, in pictures anyway? After seeing Lobstersan's and Tyll's pictures (Headroom ad in Stereophile mag), I think they look more normal than I did when I owned them. I had the same feelings about their looks. But is was the discomfort from the top headband pad that made me return them. They seem to be made for heads shaped like scottder's avatar - really wide at the top. My head is shaped more veritically, and narrow. Not a good combo.

Lob, enjoy the sound!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back