Kinera & Celest Audio - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 9, 2023 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52
I'm personally interested in Kinera and their budget brand Celeste and I figured I'd get a discussion thread going for them here.

Their most recognizable models include the following:

Celest Pandamon

$ 59
  • Kinera 10mm SPD 2.0 ™ ( Square Planar Driver )
  • Impedance: 9 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 108 dB
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
  • Oxygen Free Copper Cable
  • 3.5mm Termination Plug

Celest Gumiho

$118
  • Kinera 10mm SPD ™ ( Square Planar Driver ) + 1BA
  • Impedance: 9 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 106+/- 1 dB
  • Silver plated copper + Alloy pure copper Cable
  • 3.5mm / 4.4mm Termination Plug

Kinera Freya

$259

2 Knowles BA + 1 Kinera Custom 30095 BA + 7mm Micro DD
  • Impedance: 22 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 110dB±2db
  • 6N Single Crystal Copper Cable
  • 2.5mm / 3.5mm / 4.4mm Termination Plug

Kinera Nanna 2.0 / Nanna 2.1 Z-Tune Edition

$949
  • 2 Sonions EST + 1 Mids Sonions BA + 7mm Dynamic Driver
  • Impedance: 60 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 110dB±2db
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz-50kHz
  • 6N OCC with Silver Plated Cable
  • 4.4mm Termination Plug

Kinera Norn

$ 509
  • 4 Knowles BA + Kinera Custom Titanium Diaphragm DD
  • Impedance: 32 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 110dB
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz-40kHz
  • 8 Cores Silver Plated Copper Cable
  • 2.5mm Termination Plug

Kinera Urd

$650

• 2 Sonions EST + 2 Titanium Coated Diaphragm Coaxial DD + 1 Kinera Customize 11021 BA
  • Impedance: 20 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 107db±2db
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz-50kHz
  • Modular 6N OCC + OCC with Silver Plated + OCC with Gold Plated Cable
  • Plug with 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm

Kinera Baldr

$1399
  • 4 Sonions EST + 2 Knowles BA + 1 Kinera Customize DD
  • Impedance: 22 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 109 +/- 2 dB
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz-20kHz
  • 2.5mm 6N OCC with Gold Plated Cable
  • 3.5mm 6N OCC with Gold Plated Cable
  • 2.5mm to 4.4mm OCC Gold Plated Adapter Cable

Kinera Loki​

A flagship quadbrid driver In-Ear Monitors with outstanding detail performance that combines the characteristics of multiple acoustic drivers. It has good elasticity and clear, deep bass. The mid-range (vocals) has a strong sense of density and distinct layers and the high-end is transparent, delicate, and well-extended, with delicate and rich overtones thanks to the electrostatic unit. The ultra-wide frequency response brings an expansive, transparent soundstage space.

Official Partner: Knowles, Sonion, Effect Audio, AZLA, Spinfit, Final Audio, Symbio

ETA: May > June 2023 @ Flagship pricing.

They also have a long line of accessories, including a collaboration with Effect Audio which can be seen here.

Thanks all, I look forward to your discussion!

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 52
I had the Norn for several months, really liked it, and almost kept it permanently, but it was pretty chunky in size and replaced by the Moondrop Variations, which was more refined, but ultimately too smooth for me; which in turn was replaced by the Campfire Dorado, which I'm pretty sure will be my under $1K for-keeps IEM. I won't be going over $1K unless a bunch of $$ falls into my lap!

May 9, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 52
I had the Norn for several months, really liked it, and almost kept it permanently, but it was pretty chunky in size and replaced by the Moondrop Variations, which was more refined, but ultimately too smooth for me; which in turn was replaced by the Campfire Dorado, which I'm pretty sure will be my under $1K for-keeps IEM. I won't be going over $1K unless a bunch of $$ falls into my lap!

Thanks, I'll have to try it out soon. I liked the Variations and Dorado.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 52
Aug 18, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 52
3E5BCE24-4672-43C1-9F5A-6810670491B3.gif

The tuning is somewhat unconventional, but it sounds quite nice with strong enough technical performance and no glaring weakness. Not dark not sibilance not spiky. Maybe slightly shouty depending on tracks.

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 52
First, how's the bass?
Quite nice actually. Full bodied but with enough texture rather than blobby or sloppy. Bass guitar and acoustic bass sound great. The sense of dynamic contrast is not that noteworthy, possibly due to how the bass is tuned. I like the exaggerated dynamic of ThieAudio Hype2 more, but Phoenixcall might be more natural.

Not much to complain about this IEM, tbh. Depending on your taste, the tonality might be a contentious point. Other than that, all good.

Impressions from DX300 with stock wide bore tips.

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 52
First, how's the bass?

The most important question!

Quite nice actually. Full bodied but with enough texture rather than blobby or sloppy. Bass guitar and acoustic bass sound great. The sense of dynamic contrast is not that noteworthy, possibly due to how the bass is tuned. I like the exaggerated dynamic of ThieAudio Hype2 more, but Phoenixcall might be more natural.

Not much to complain about this IEM, tbh. Depending on your taste, the tonality might be a contentious point. Other than that, all good.

Impressions from DX300 with stock wide bore tips.

Thanks for the short write-up!

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #13 of 52
No Kinera Skuld? Is it discontinued? I own it and very happy with the SQ. Even sold my EJ07M KL, they are very competent but Skuld won on the vocals.

I'll ask my Kinera contact if Skuld has been discontinued.

Aug 19, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #14 of 52
https://hifigo.com/products/kinera-celest-phoenixcall

There's already some reviews but I'm looking for general user impressions on these.
I know some may not find burn in beneficial, but 12 hours later the Phoenixcall seems to have opened up and become more dynamic and a few notches smoother than a few hours in. Now about 20 hours later, even smoother. At first, I did not think my ifi Zen dac outperformed my LG G7 with my SE variant Phoenixcall. The LG phone definitely has more presence region and upper treble emphasis with its Sabre dac but it is still not annoying like with my recent Letshouer S12 Pro. The Zen is a bit more laid back and tonally a bit richer, yet both do well with this iem. Slight preference to the Zen but that is not the primary use case for me, mobile is.

Listening to an estimated 80-85 db level with the Phoenixcall is quite nice for good bass and detail retrieval without any hint of hardness up top and mids are nicely full. I really have to put them to my actual use test of walking outdoors, where they will be used almost exclusively. But for now listening at the desk or alternating with my phone in higher powered mode, I can say these might be keepers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back