KiiBOOM Evoke and Allure Universal IEMs
Dec 14, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 45
Well the Elixir and Allure are identical. I even went so far as to do some tests with the included cable and put the Elixir cable on the Allure and they are identical cables and identical IEMs. As far as a side-by-side with the Vortex, that really would take an actual side-by-side. I can probably do that tomorrow? From memory the Elixir is slightly thicker and has a slightly bigger stage, the Vortex is more neutral?

But I could be slightly wrong, I need to really hear them next to each other.
I am curious to see a detailed comparison between the Penon Vortex , Elixir and Allure,

Dec 14, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #33 of 45
Well the Elixir and Allure are identical. I even went so far as to do some tests with the included cable and put the Elixir cable on the Allure and they are identical cables and identical IEMs. As far as a side-by-side with the Vortex, that really would take an actual side-by-side. I can probably do that tomorrow? From memory the Elixir is slightly thicker and has a slightly bigger stage, the Vortex is more neutral?

But I could be slightly wrong, I need to really hear them next to each other.
Thank you very much , i heartily appreciate the way you take your time and helps others 🖤

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #34 of 45
Glad to help, and normally it’s simple, only the Vortex is really more about midrange and neutrality, and I actually haven’t heard it for a while, so it needs to be a side-by-side to be sure.
Thank you very much , i heartily appreciate the way you take your time and helps others 🖤

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #35 of 45
I am curious to see a detailed comparison between the Penon Vortex , Elixir and Allure,
Ok the Elixir and Allure are the same. But the Vortex shows a more forward midrange which also extends up into the treble making the overall signature brighter and appearing to have more detail, yet in reality they are probably both equal detail wise. The Allure shows both a slightly deeper low-end and is generally darker all around. More lower midrange too, to the Allure. Where the Allure is a tad slower, the Vortex shows a fastness in tempo. The Allure is more laid back, the Vortex is more up front and slightly more aggressive.

The crazy thing is both IEMs could use a cable switch to climb slightly with perceived resolution. Nether cable is bad, but for my ears not necessarily the best. But putting the CS819 cable on the Allure is a total blast, bringing it up in resolution and pace!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #36 of 45
Ok the Elixir and Allure are the same. But the Vortex shows a more forward midrange which also extends up into the treble making the overall signature brighter and appearing to have more detail, yet in reality they are probably both equal detail wise. The Allure shows both a slightly deeper low-end and is generally darker all around. More lower midrange too, to the Allure. Where the Allure is a tad slower, the Vortex shows a fastness in tempo. The Allure is more laid back, the Vortex is more up front and slightly more aggressive.

The crazy thing is both IEMs could use a cable switch to climb slightly with perceived resolution. Nether cable is bad, but for my ears not necessarily the best. But putting the CS819 cable on the Allure is a total blast, bringing it up in resolution and pace!
Thanks for your time ,
Besides the sound tunning the overall build quality of Elixir and Allure is also same or one is superior to other in build quality ???

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #37 of 45
Dec 24, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #38 of 45
Thanks for your time ,
Besides the sound tunning the overall build quality of Elixir and Allure is also same or one is superior to other in build quality ???
Sorry, just noticed question.

The build quality is identical. Though each piece of wood has various personalities, the Elixir and the Allure remain equals in build and sound. The cables share many of the same parts, yet I personally like the Elixir cable better, it just handles a fraction of an amount better. Really they are both identical cables and sonically are the same. I put the Elixir cable on the Allure and the Allure cable on the Elixir and there was no sound change. The other differences arise with the accessories, where the Elixir has a small blue case and the Allure has a giant case. They get you a few foam tips with the Elixir that doesn’t come with the Allure, also the ear-tips are different. But the only important thing is both IEMs sound identical.

Cheers!

Oct 20, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #41 of 45
That’s a great question, being they were probably made by the same team. From memory the Hype 2 comes off more thicker, and holds bigger display of events. But the Evoke is totally tuned well and in my review I described it as my preferred tune. Slightly lighter in stance yet just as provocative in it’s own way. They are family, where the Evoke costs less and comes off showing that in replay, but less than you would think, due to diminishing returns.
kiiboom evoke or thieaudio hype 2?
The Hype 2 is more unified and one piece in playback, where the Evoke has actual separation, and while those Evoke 3D ness is nice the added power of the Hype 2 offers more beefy note weight and authority.......and more bass.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #42 of 45
This side-by-side comparison of the Evoke to Hype 2 has me really curious now. Will do real side by sides tomorrow and learn how good my memory is?

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #43 of 45
DSC_0523.jpegs.jpeg 10-52-53-183.jpeg

DSC_0524.jpegs.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #44 of 45
@SlankBot
Side-by-side comparison of the Evoke to Hype2:

Honestly when you get these two together they are so very close to the same tune. If there was any question that Thieaudio made the Evoke it is proven now, as this is the Thieaudio sound. The Thieaudio sound is a trademark production in that nothing else made sounds like these (I'm guessing) from the few Thieaudio IEMs I have heard..................including the Ghost full-size.

So what happened after multiple attempts, the Hype2 is simply a expansion of what the Evoke is doing. The bass slightly thicker and more pronounced, yet offering identical character as the Evoke. It would be like if you were in a closer location in the room to hear the bass clearer, yet different in that there is a slight lumbering to its demeanor, like maybe the 2X woofers in action. But even though that millisecond slowness with the Hype 2 is noted, there is nothing particularly wrong with it, somehow it's of more depth that what the Evoke can drum up?

Vocals approach with the Hype2 as slightly both more fluid and forward, ever so different, yet they are clearer......maybe the BAs ability to bring a clarity to the table? Yet as far as spatialization, the Evoke is what I wrote about (above) earlier that it's slightly more stripped down offering a ever-so-slightly less note-weighty version. But because both IEM have note weight as one of the world-class strongpoints, the Evoke is only slightly less note-weight tailored and due to such character of general thickness...........makes the images seem farther apart?

Really look at them in the photographs here. Both fit fantastic but one is obviously bigger, there is that size in playback too, only the differences are small, and they share so much in common, more shared than my first description above, from memory. I can't see any need to have both, I mean the Hype2 is simply doing a more fill-out version of what the Evoke is doing? Both are built really well and fit really good, so no differences there? There is probably no time in your life where you will want a slightly less version of the Hype2 and no differences really in personality to make such a different purchased warranted? Yes, the vocals with the Hype2 are slightly more detailed, up-front and personal...........but that's a good thing?

Tested with ISN G4 cable in 4.4mm, Sony WM1A with MrWalkman's firmware, no EQ. Regularly used wide-bore silicone ear-tips. 44.1kHz - 24bit.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #45 of 45
@SlankBot
Side-by-side comparison of the Evoke to Hype2:

Honestly when you get these two together they are so very close to the same tune. If there was any question that Thieaudio made the Evoke it is proven now, as this is the Thieaudio sound. The Thieaudio sound is a trademark production in that nothing else made sounds like these (I'm guessing) from the few Thieaudio IEMs I have heard..................including the Ghost full-size.

So what happened after multiple attempts, the Hype2 is simply a expansion of what the Evoke is doing. The bass slightly thicker and more pronounced, yet offering identical character as the Evoke. It would be like if you were in a closer location in the room to hear the bass clearer, yet different in that there is a slight lumbering to its demeanor, like maybe the 2X woofers in action. But even though that millisecond slowness with the Hype 2 is noted, there is nothing particularly wrong with it, somehow it's of more depth that what the Evoke can drum up?

Vocals approach with the Hype2 as slightly both more fluid and forward, ever so different, yet they are clearer......maybe the BAs ability to bring a clarity to the table? Yet as far as spatialization, the Evoke is what I wrote about (above) earlier that it's slightly more stripped down offering a ever-so-slightly less note-weighty version. But because both IEM have note weight as one of the world-class strongpoints, the Evoke is only slightly less note-weight tailored and due to such character of general thickness...........makes the images seem farther apart?

Really look at them in the photographs here. Both fit fantastic but one is obviously bigger, there is that size in playback too, only the differences are small, and they share so much in common, more shared than my first description above, from memory. I can't see any need to have both, I mean the Hype2 is simply doing a more fill-out version of what the Evoke is doing? Both are built really well and fit really good, so no differences there? There is probably no time in your life where you will want a slightly less version of the Hype2 and no differences really in personality to make such a different purchased warranted? Yes, the vocals with the Hype2 are slightly more detailed, up-front and personal...........but that's a good thing?

Tested with ISN G4 cable in 4.4mm, Sony WM1A with MrWalkman's firmware, no EQ. Regularly used wide-bore silicone ear-tips. 44.1kHz - 24bit.

Man, your review of the KiiBoom Evoke just made me put it at the top of my list, aka shopping cart LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back