Kid A - Why does everyone love it so much?
Sep 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #77 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The song that Talk Show Host "replaced" is my favorite. Lets see the real fans tell me that story.

Exit Music?
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #79 of 116
Quote:

The song that Talk Show Host "replaced" is my favorite. Lets see the real fans tell me that story.

Lucky?

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #80 of 116
Quote:

For shame, sir. That's Jeff Buckley, off the cover of "Grace". Now you've dated yourself.

Have I? Yikes. I'm not that old. Actually my age is probably right in his typical demographic.

Anyways, never really got into Jeff Buckley. Wasn't really my thing. Maybe I never really heard the right album though. Don't know. And I don't really care for his cover of Hallelujah either... its ok, but I prefer the original.

But look... minus the makeup and the earrings, there's a bit of similarity in these two pics. The small avatar lacked detail. I saw the jacket and immediately thought of Adam Ant.
biggrin.gif

510888_356x237.jpg

JeffBuckley.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #81 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And "Talk Show Host" was their attempt at the trip-hop style of Portishead. That song is amazing.

Yep, love Talk Show Host.

Sep 26, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #82 of 116
As a complete album, I don't really think of it as one of my favorites of the decade. But it has How to Disappear Completely on it, so I'm not going to argue with anyone that puts it at the top.

(Sorry if this has been discussed, thread was tl;dr)

Sep 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #83 of 116
I define "mainstream" as any genre of music that the majority listens to, and allows me to feel general disdain for them.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #85 of 116
OK Computer and The Bends are albums I can always go to. In fact, I usually get completely absorbed in them and find myself finishing the album before I know it. Kid A not so much. I don't know why, I just haven't listened to it much. I should really look into that, since I do love and admire Radiohead.

Sep 27, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #86 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK Computer and The Bends are albums I can always go to. In fact, I usually get completely absorbed in them and find myself finishing the album before I know it. Kid A not so much. I don't know why, I just haven't listened to it much. I should really look into that, since I do love and admire Radiohead.

I would consider The Bends and OK Computer much more accessible albums than Kid A. The Bends especially, it's quite, er, tame in comparison
o2smile.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #88 of 116
I liked Amnesiac more when it was first released (at the time I think I was still trying to get a handle on Kid A). Amnesiac is an easier album to get a hold of. But years later I rarely listen to it, but I still regularly listen to Kid A.

Sep 27, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #90 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by SungTong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely think it's a great album, but I've always liked Amnesiac better..

You've managed to combine Radiohead, Boards of Canada and Animal Collective all into one post. RESPECT.

If only you'd stuck DJ Shadow in your sig I'd be worshipping you
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back