Kicking off 2016 with a Toronto / GTA meet on Saturday January 30th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #76 of 138
Hi, my name is Fiona and I went to the meet last time at Pavel's condo. I haven't purchased any new gear besides the HD598 since then, so I will just bring my DT880 250ohm again. I will be there again with my friend.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #83 of 138
Sorry to hear FallenAngel.. Lets help however we can. Thank you for being a good sport and doing this at all.

As earpads can make a huge difference, can y'all bring various pads, especially the wider / thicker leather hifiman earpads?

Does the room have wifi?

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #88 of 138
Sorry to hear that Pavel,

Would it make sense for everyone to pitch in say $10 for the room booking?

That's terrible news Pavel, those big unexpected expenses are killer.

+1 on pitching in, I'd happily throw down $10 to cover the room. Pavel having to cover the room is just rubbing salt in the wound after car repair expenses...

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #89 of 138
I am cool with pitching in.  Frankly, not sure why we didn't have to do that previously.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #90 of 138
I have a pretty novice set up with DT880 and LD MK IV with stock tubes; with a Mav D2 DAC.

I am a newbie, so I am not sure how much demand there is for entry level stuff.

I do have a pair of T51i with Audioengine D3 that I think sound reasonable for anyone interesting in something portable and semi-decent.

.... It'd be nice to try out some stuff beyond my budget but I am not sure if you guys would frown at my basic entry level gear. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back